[RECOVERY] [UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.1-0 for Mediapad X2

Search This thread

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
ok, I'll reload the .img files, and give it another try. But I tried on two devices, with 2 diffrerent img files each times. No boot yet

:(

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Note that I flash always on recovery2

nobange

Nov 26, 2017
I have GEM-701L with Android 5.0. I need to install TWRP, but i can't find older version, that works on 5.0. TWRP_CN_5.1.1 from this thread doesn't work in my tablet. I found some old threads with links to yandex file hosting, but those files were removed. Can someone send TWRP for Android 5.0 to some working file hosting site and post a link here?

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
I have GEM-701L with Android 5.0. I need to install TWRP, but i can't find older version, that works on 5.0. TWRP_CN_5.1.1 from this thread doesn't work in my tablet. I found some old threads with links to yandex file hosting, but those files were removed. Can someone send TWRP for Android 5.0 to some working file hosting site and post a link here?
Hello, all ajsmsg78 recoveries are here:

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=168446

And they are working. Android 5.0 and 5.1 recoveries included

JMaxMan

Dec 11, 2007
Hello Guys, I have X2 b205 android 6.0, I simply want to root this device. What's the best method?
Thank you.

ben63vw

Oct 2, 2010
Hello Guys, I have X2 b205 android 6.0, I simply want to root this device. What's the best method?
Thank you.

All needed info is here https://xdaforums.com/mediapad-x2/general/mediapad-x2-unlock-bootloader-root-guide-t3212325 I just did Option 3 to unlock the bootloader (cost €4 witch was $4.88 when I did it) on a brand new GEM-702L this past Monday. Once bootloader is unlocked, load TWRP via ADB, boot into TRWP and install the latest SuperSU don't use Magisk.

Reactions: MalcomX

JMaxMan

Dec 11, 2007
Hi, I did option 2 and paid for the unlock code. Here's where the problem starts. Once I boot phone into fastbooot. It says it's locked, I don't have an option where to put in the unlock code. I have phone plugged into the computer after I go into fastbooot. It seems as if it drivers work when phone in normal mode, but in fastbooot the computer can't read or recognize phone. I don't understand what's going on with this part. I would like some HELP and suggestions.

Thank you

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi, I did option 2 and paid for the unlock code. Here's where the problem starts. Once I boot phone into fastbooot. It says it's locked, I don't have an option where to put in the unlock code. I have phone plugged into the computer after I go into fastbooot. It seems as if it drivers work when phone in normal mode, but in fastbooot the computer can't read or recognize phone. I don't understand what's going on with this part. I would like some HELP and suggestions.

Thank you

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

You need adb and fastboot extracted to a folder. Put the phone in fastboot mode and open up a command prompt in the fastboot folder and type in fastboot oem unlock xxxxx where x is your bootloader unlock code that you got from DC unlocker.

stofl

Sep 1, 2016
I have 3.2.1-0 in my tablet and created a backup with adb before i switched from Simply International B207 to KangVIP Slim B230 like this:

Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb backup -f simply_b207.ab --twrp

There was no errors, the files are about 12 GB and data, system and boot where backed up fine as far as I remember (no errors in TWRP).

As I had some issues with KangVIP I tried to go back and first created another backup of KangVIP with adb backup. Then I tried to restore:

Code:
adb reboot recovery 
adb restore simply_b207.ab

Long story short: It seems like it does not recover all partitions, only system. When I boot it still shows the old splash screen from the KangVIP ROM. After booting it shows the home screen with a permission popup in front (Huawei wants access to the phone...) which does not react. I also booted with a mouse connected, then I have a mouse pointer but can't click away the popup either.

Then I tried to restore the KangVIP backup - but same story. It only restored system partition and after booting there's a permission popup that I can't get rid of.

I assume that this version of TWRP does not work well with adb. Unfortunately I can't report a bug as it's not an official version either.

Any ideas welcome. I can also provide more debugging etc. as I still can access the phone with adb shell.

stofl

Sep 1, 2016
One step further: I've removed the TWRP directory and started over. Now restore at least does not give me any errors. But still: it only restores system - no apps, nothing. But I'm very sure, that the backup includes data. It's also way to big (12 GB) for system only.

Any way to force restore of data from a adb backup file?

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
One step further: I've removed the TWRP directory and started over. Now restore at least does not give me any errors. But still: it only restores system - no apps, nothing. But I'm very sure, that the backup includes data. It's also way to big (12 GB) for system only.

Any way to force restore of data from a adb backup file?

Did you try formatting data in TWRP? Wipe, Format Data, type in YES, Then reboot recovery and try restoring? If you want to back up system, data, etc you have to do it from within TWRP, I wouldn't use adb. I've backed up and restored probably 500 times since I've owned the device and that has never happened to me.

stofl

Sep 1, 2016
Yeah, backup/restore also works for me from within TWRP. I just would have preferred keeping my backups right on my PC and thought adb + TWRP would be the perfect tool. Unfortunately I relied that not only backup but also restore would "just work". Had to learn the hard way that the latter does not :). In the end I gave up and run the latest KangVIP slim now. All I wanted is to go back to the last official image to get a valid fingerprint. But whatever I tried nothing worked, not even the TWRP backups of stock ROMs. So I'll use another device's fingerprint and hope that it goes fine.

Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: ajsmsg78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is TWRP for the Mediapad X2. TWRP lets you back up your stock ROM or flash custom Roms. You must already be on B112 or higher to flash this or you'll bootloop.

TWRP:

CHANGELOGS:

12-3-15: Changed over to English and added cool new Splash Screen
    7-23-16: Updated to TWRP 3.0.0-2. (Android 6.0 compatible) and added a black & blue Theme and bunch of languages. You can now back up your cust in twrp as well.
    9-16-17: TWRP updated to 3.1.1-0.
    5-26-18: Updated to TWRP 3.2.1-0. Battery charge level now shown in status bar. You can flash OemInfo images now.

Ported TWRP 3.1.1-0 from the Mediapad M2 to our X2 and added my Deep Blue theme. This is a must flash for those on anything B2xx or above. You can download the new twrp, put it in your internal storage or sdcard, fire up your current twrp and flash the new twrp from inside your current one so you don't need your computer.
    New version of TWRP is up in the OP. Version 3.0-2 with my black & blue theme and added languages.
    New build 3.2.1-0 in the OP. Read the changelogs for changes.
    Updated TWRP with a new Deep Blue Theme.