CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1(LP), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! */
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Hardware acceleration
- SELinux enforced
- RIL for SMS/Calls/Internet
- Bluetooth / A2DP
- MTP and Mass Storage mode
- External SD
- Camera (Videos & Photos)
- All Sensors
- USB Otg
- mBack button!
- LiveDisplay (natively smooth)
Build 15 (Stable 3 "Elpun") : Download
/! Make a backup, This build needs a full wipe /!
- [security] November Security Bulletin from CM
- [usb] Charge Only can be enabled (and usb can be renabled)
- [fix] Zram should be working correctly now (reduces longterm slowdowns)
- [camera] Recording in stereo should work now (Thanks @goodoane)
- [kernel] security feature : now uses CC_STACK_PROTECTOR_STRONG, more info
- [signed-build] the build is now using release-keys instead of public "test-keys" meant for debug, improves a bit security and fixes some bugs in Google Apps (ex: Android Wear refusing to work, asking for an "user/signed" or "userdebug/unsigned" rom)
Build 14 (Stable 2 aka "Ololo") : Download
/! Make a backup, dirty update works but if not, do a clean wipe or don't complain about bugs/crash/FC/whatever /!
- [security] Dirty COW fixed (CVE-2016-5195)
- [battery] small improvements, battery stats should be more accurate
- [stability] Clock wakelocks should be fixed
- [improvement] built as user instead of userdebug (rom size is a bit smaller, less logs)
- [SafetyNet] is properly "suported", banking apps and pokemon Go perfectly works without installing anything else (no more systemless root, xposed or w/e to make it work )
- [kernel] general updates (3.10.104)
Build 13 (Stable 1 aka "Olala") : Download
/! Make a backup and do a clean wipe or don't complain about bugs/crash/FC/whatever /!
- [LiveDisplay] is now natively working (perfectly smooooooth)
- [kernel] general updates, security updates, cleanup, Live Display Implementation
- [stability] CM updates
- [usb] Charging mode only should work correctly when plugged in usb.
- [decoder] AwesomePlayer is now enabled by default instead of NuPlayer (known to cause Google Photos crash, etc.)
- [gestures] CMActions is now correctly using Russians strings, Spanish translation added.
- [misc] root should be allowed from Dev Options now, anyway if not, flash SuperSU
Build 12 (Release Candidate 2) : Download
/! Make a backup and wipe /system before you flash this RC to be sure you got rid off the ANT+ files /!
This RC2 will probably be renamed "stable 1" if no major problem arise.
- [kernel] general updates, cleanup , disabled KSM & UKSM for battery performance
- [removed] ANT+ was only partially working and caused battery drain (it seems)
- [battery] disabled both ANT (see above) and a few unneeded kernel features that might have caused a bit of draining issues, this should be better now !
- [stability] overall cleanup (overlays, values, etc..)
- [gestures] CMActions was cleaned and a few bugs were fixed, the gestures are now enabled/disabled by a switch but remains customisable when you press on them
- [misc] adb is not root by default anymore (this might help those who play PoGo) use the dev settings to change that
Build 11 (Release Candidate 1) : Download
(I told you I wouldn't release a beta next time)
- changelog :
- [bugfix] wifi hotspot is working (both in secured and unsecured AP mode)
- [bugfix] fix the back button not being active at first touch when home was pressed to wake the device (elexogic)
- [bugfix] back button vibration renabled
- [improvement] Gestures are fully customisable now, choose what app/action is triggered (thanks elexogic again)
- [kernel] general updates, config_aio disabled for security
- [battery] IOscheduler reverted to "deadline" for better battery life
- [stability] wifi, mobile, bluetooth, gps stability improved (blobs update to 5.1.10G)
Build 10 (latest beta before stable ) :
(changelog : trully fixed back button for all M2 Note variants)
- Data on second sim in a dual-sim configuration. (hardware limitation)
- If you find a bug please check if there's no issue already mentioning it and create one with details and logs here : Bug reports @ Github issues
BUT FIRST :
- Do a clean install first, wipe everything.
- Make sure you don't use modifications (flash clean, try again)
- Check the closed issues
- Check google first, there might already be solutions
- Explain and give details, add logs as much as possible
How to install:
It's usually a good idea to download the newest build version. Just install it via recovery. I tested it on TWRP but it should also work on other recoveries.
You will also need gapps if you want to use Google services. stock OpenGApps - use the arm64 versions.
How to install TWRP - I don't support unlocking bootloader, installing TWRP or the ROM, you should know what you do first or start learning.
Device Tree: https://github.com/Moyster/android_device_meizu_m2note
@Elexogic for his fixes on back button and gestures
@scafroglia93 for his kernel updates
Meizu & Mediatek for releasing their sources!
If you want to mirror the files or port the ROM to another device, I encourage you to do so! Only please respect my work and give proper credits. Thank you!
[STABLE] CM-12.1 for Meizu M2 Note [5.1.1], ROM for the Meizu MX
Moyster, BlueFlame4, Elexogic, Everyone I forgot, those who translated the gestures modules (Alex Lartsev (RU), LBA97 (ES))
Source Code: http://github.com/Moyster
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Status: No Longer Updated
Current Stable Version: Stable two
Stable Release Date: 2016-11-09
Last Updated 2017-02-05