[HOWTO] Flash TWRP and Flash CM+GApps [Meizu M2 Note]

Search This thread

LBA97

Aug 24, 2014
Did you really reply that ? I mean c'mon. You've got to be kidding me [emoji23]
Dude. I have connected my phone and then done that. It's not happening.
I tried in all three modes :
1. Power On Mode
2. Power Off Mode
3. Fastboot Mode

Still not happening.
Btw, my phone is on Flyme 6.1.
Did you do it right like in the tutorial? It should work flawlessly. Have in mind that you should keep pushing the vol- button with the device powered off before connecting it to the pc, and that before connecting it to the pc you should hit the download button. That way it will work for sure.
Make sure you have all the drivers connected to the pc too.

Alucard

Jul 2, 2012
I was finally able to unlock the bootloader and installed CM13. But unfortunately,it is not recognizing my SimCard. What should I do now ?

Update : Found the solution !

Mine says error when trying to flash,how did you solved it?
Says error when trying to flash temp secro,drivers are installed.

Last edited:

denzelque

Nov 16, 2017
Asking

May i know if i can still install other firmware using its internal memory because i lost my sim tray thats why im afraid to do it without micro sd inserted on my phone?

ksraghavendra

Jan 7, 2012
Security secure usb dl image signature verify fail 6046 ,msp error code 0x00.

Pls help! I'm getting the same error. M2 Note running Flyme 6.1.0.0G and using Windows 10 (driver signature enforcement disabled, tried without disabling as well).
Screenshot -
jGg09IL.jpg

Alucard

Jul 2, 2012
Pls help! I'm getting the same error. M2 Note running Flyme 6.1.0.0G and using Windows 10 (driver signature enforcement disabled, tried without disabling as well).
Screenshot -
jGg09IL.jpg
I believe i solved it by not flashing temp secro first but going to step 2 and after that flashing through sp flash tool twrp,but its been sometime but im 90% sure thats what i did.Tell if that worked for you.

ksraghavendra

Jan 7, 2012
I believe i solved it by not flashing temp secro first but going to step 2 and after that flashing through sp flash tool twrp,but its been sometime but im 90% sure thats what i did.Tell if that worked for you.

I tried that as well. Didn't work.
I got the "normal boot" "fastboot" small text on my boot screen but every time I try to do a recovery boot it goes to flyme bootloader and not twrp.

xiaowei666

Aug 19, 2017
I want to know if I unlock bootload,my phone'data will be wipe?:crying:

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

And if I want to unlock bootload,must be have root?:D

x X x

Aug 24, 2008
So I fuked up my Meizu M2 Note. Trying to unlock bootloader, I flash "secro.img" instead of "temp_unlock_secro.img" as first file, got some errors, and now my phone is not recognized by Windows - "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)", I cannot start it in normal/fastboot/recovery mode. What should I do now?

Edit:

OK I fixed my phone using this tuttorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1kFRfKzk6U

Btw. when device manager says that unknown USB device is conneceted, while connected to usb press and hold menu+power button - device should be correctly reconnected.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to everybody :D
    I'm doing this thread because I've seen that there's a lot of confussion about how to install all this things properly, and I think that concentrating the wide-spread information could help you to get rid of this. First of all I have to thanks @aaawqw and @Moyster for their great efforts.
    This is going to be a recopilatory of several sources and personal tips to help you to do this the easiest way. I'm not responsible of bricked phones nor your personal problems.
    Please, read the full tutorial before doing anything, to avoid bricks and those things.

PREPARE THE RECIPE
    Download these files:
    - Unlocking bootloader tool: HERE
    - TWRP image from Moyster (creator of LOS14 for our device): here
    - If you want to install a modified version of FlymeOS, use this one from Romul35 from 4PDA: here. Original post

- Last LineageOS 14 build: from this thread. PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO THANK THE DEVELOPERS
    - GApps: here I recommend the nano option. Choose ARM64 and Android version 6.0.

Put those three last files into your internal memory. If you've got an microSD card, I recommend you to put them into it (it's safer and easier).

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER
    To unlock the bootloader go to:
    - Kevin.MX @aaawqw) post: here
    Finally we have a guide to unlock the bootloader of Meizu m2 note. We need Mediatek SP Flash Tool, MTK phone drivers and the images/bin files for unlocking. No modaco superboot, no fake tutorials any more
    Now here's the guide:
    1. Download the files I provide
    Then unzip it. You'll get a folder with FlashTool, Phone drivers and unlock images.
    2.Install drivers for Mediatek platform.
    3.Flash the temp-unlock-secro.img via Flashtool. (secro row)
    4.Flash secro.img, lk.bin, preloader_meizu6753_65c_l1.bin via Flashtool. (secro, lk and preloader rows respectively)
    5.Disconnect USB data cable and power on the phone. If you see the "=>Normal boot" sign(it's quite small.......) in the left bottom cornor of the screen, then the unlock is done. You can now flash things in whatever way you like. The guide is over~~~

The full tutorial is here
    The unlock tool is here
    Thank you for testing&trying!

If you've seen this spoiler and didn't thank Kevin, please go to here and thank him. This motivates him and gives him the recognisement he deserves.

- Robot Hijau 97 Youtube video: here It isn't in English, but may help if you find any problem or get lost during the unlocking. Leave him a like if it helped you.

This unlocking guide only works for M571 model. If you try this with a M571C (China Telecom) model, you'll get a bricked phone (very useful if you like paperweights :p)
    THIS METHOD DOES WORK FOR M571H MODEL. DON'T WORRY, THE ONLY ONE THAT GIVES SOME ISSUES IS THE M571C.
    The great user @aaawqw states "And Meizu M571C should use the same method of meizu m2 (mini), a shell script for frp unlock. But no recovery images yet…Different hardware and partitions"
    Tips to unlock the bootloader easily:
    - If you're going to do it from a Windows 10 or 8 pc, have in mind that to install unsigned drivers you'll have to unlock the feature in your pc. A guide to do this: here
    - Select the images to flash and hit the Download button before connecting your Meizu (pressing Vol Down button). This will help you if it turns on and off and makes the flashing impossible.
    - Download the guide or see the video to correctly follow all the steps. You don't want to lose your phone, don't you? Don't try to mix guides, because you may skip a step and brick your phone. The video and Kevin.MX guide are the same procedure, they both are safe.

INSTALLING TWRP
    Once done this part, we'll proceed with the installation of TWRP recovery image. There are two ways, choose the easier to you:
    - Flash TWRP from SP Flashtool (original idea from @widagdag. The post: here)
    +Turn off your device
    + By using your pc or laptop, extract the TWRP zip for meizu m2 note, there's a file "recovery.img"
    + You can flash it via SP flash tool (clicking the recovery, then select the file)... then click Download, wait until finished!! (Check symbol)
    + You can reboot ur device now, unlocked bootloader and installed twrp!
    *The profit is u didn't need to root first and install any flash tool such as Rash, FlashFire, Flashify, etc. saving you some time
    - Flash the recovery image from Flyme:
    + Get root access (if you do, skip this step). You can get it downloading Kingroot: here. Just install this apk and follow the steps
    + Unzip TWRP zip into a known folder
    + Download Flashify from the Playstore
    + Grant superuser access
    + (Optional) make a backup of your current recovery going to backup tab
    + Tap Recovery Image
    + Choose a file
    + Find TWRP img that you unzipped before and flash it
    INSTALLING CM AND GAPPS
    We're close to the end of this post. The final step: installing your desired ROM and GApps. I will flash CM from the thread whose link is at the download section.
    I hope you've put it into your memory (internal/external) as we said :p
    Ok so:
    - Turn off your phone
    - Go into the TWRP recovery (Vol up+power)
    - (Optional but recommended) Make a backup of Flyme, just in case you don't like the new ROM and would like to go back to Flyme. If it takes up too much memory, move it to your pc after making the backup.
    - Go to Wipe menu
    - Go to advanced wipe
    - Select these:
    + System
    + Cache
    + Dalvik Cache
    + Data
    - Swipe to do the wipe
    - Go to install.
    - Select your zip image (in my case the cm13 I downloaded).
    - Install also the GApps zip file you downloaded
    - Restart to System, and check what you've done.

Some final tips:
    - Make the backup, seriously, it takes 10 min and you'll have a Flyme backup if you don't like CM.
    - If you want to transfer all your apps and their data from Flyme to your new ROM, use Titanium Backup.
    - If you want to install Xposed Framework, it's the same procedure: enter into TWRP, tap install, select the zip and swipe.
    - This won't delete your images or videos, but I would recommend to transfer them to a microSD card or your PC.
    - Yes, you need to do all this to install a custom ROM. Yes, even unlocking the bootloader. Don't try to skip a step if you aren't sure about what you're doing.

I think that's all, I'll update this post if I lost anything.
    I hope this helped you to move into CM world. If you have any doubt don't hesitate to ask.
    I know this seems exhausting, but trust me, it worths it. Welcome to the custom ROMs world in your Meizu M2 Note. Let the magic begin.

ADDITIONAL GUIDES

RELOCKING THE BOOTLOADER
    If you want to relock the bootloader just follow this simple steps:
    Flash the original recovery image from Flashtool of from Flashify (the steps are the same as installing TWRP). You can find this image here
    From there, install an update.zip (download them from the official flyme web: here and put it into the storage )
    Now you have flyme again with a locked bootloader.

INSTALLING FLYME WITH TWRP
    It's very important that you don't install an update.zip from the original Flyme page, because you will cause a bootloop. To get the flyme updates, you can follow one of these two methods:
    METHOD 1: 4PDA
    -Download the modified zips from 4PDA: here]. Translate it to English. It's on custom firmware>Flyme
    -Flash them from TWRP

METHOD 2: DO IT YOURSELF
    -Download the update.zip file from the Flyme page
    -Open it and remove the preloader- files
    -Flash it from TWRP. It will give you an error: IGNORE IT.

Reboot and done, you've got Flyme and TWRP.

UNBRICK A PAPERWEIGHT
    BIG THANKS TO @numpea FOR THIS:
    This just a firmware that has all the partitions and can be used to unbrick to device using SPFlashtool
    Here is the link:
    FIRMWARE
    - Flash temp_unlock_secro.img with sp flashtool like you do when unlocking the bootloader.
    - When done, disconnect the device and add the firmware to sp flashtool. You need to select "format all+download", click on "Download" and connect the device. The flashing process will start. After it finishes, the device will start again.
    You wil notice that you lost your imei number you can add it back by:

Using MTK Engineering Mode (does not requires root)
    Open engineering mode » Click on Engineer Mode (MTK) » Swipe left to Connectivity » click on CDS Information » Radio Information
    Click on phone 1 if you want to change your sim 1 or choose Phone 2 to change sim 2 IMEI, follow this guide:
    For Phone 1: “AT+ EGMR=1,7,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO” (make sure you add a space in between AT+ & EGMR)
    For Phone 2: “AT+ EGMR=1,10,”YOUR NEW IMEI NO” (make sure you add a space in between AT+ & EGMR)

Using Chamelephon (requires root, but much more easier)
    Just copy the IMEIS from the phone's box and put them into the app.
    hope this is helpful

I'll keep updating the info!
    One quick question. Tutorial says for flashing recovery via flashify:

""+ Tap Recovery Image
    + Choose a file
    + Find TWRP zip and flash it

I cant select zip when choosing recovery image. Should i unzip it and flash recovery.img, or should i flash twrp.zip with zip file flashing?
    Just corrected it. I didn't notice I hadn't explained it right. Thanks and happy flashing.
    Thanks to @numpea again, who seems running the thread much better than I :p
    One quick question. Tutorial says for flashing recovery via flashify:

""+ Tap Recovery Image
    + Choose a file
    + Find TWRP zip and flash it

I cant select zip when choosing recovery image. Should i unzip it and flash recovery.img, or should i flash twrp.zip with zip file flashing?
    Unzip and flash recovery.img with flashify

Sent from my MEIZU M2Note using XDA Labs
    I've just updated the info in the main post with some useful guides more. Hope it helps!
    Pretty much covered all, just state the Armv7 Android level API 21 64bit, 5.1 Micro or Nano for gapps. They might get confused on what to choose.
    Very true, thanks a lot. I introduced the platform and the Android version of GApps