FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you think, there are other ways to flash Ubuntu Touch on Meizu MX4?

Yes

2 Vote(s)
100.00%
No

0 Vote(s)
0%

****[TUTORIAL] Meizu MX4 - Unbrick/Flash Ubuntu Touch****

875 posts
Thanks Meter: 388

By Naphtha, Senior Member on 24th September 2015, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
*****WARNING!!! All your actions with the phone is at your own risk. The author are not liable. This is just your choice. ******

FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL !! ------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5fh...ature=youtu.be

YOU NEED:
- MEIZU MX4 16/32
- SP FLASH TOOL (MY VERSION)
- DRIVERS (MY VERSION)

- TURN OFF THE PHONE
- OPEN DEVICE MANAGER
- PLUG THE PHONE TO THE PC AND HOLD VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON (HOLD IT AND WATCH DEVICE MANAGER A UNKNOWN DEVICE POPUP FASTY)
- WHEN POPUP UPGRADE THE DRIVER OF THIS UNKNOWN DEVICE (FASTY) FROM THE FOLDER "Drivers Hard Reset"
- WHEN YOU DO IT TURN OFF THE PHONE BUT LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED

-UNZIP THE UBUNTU ROM
- UNZIP SP TOOL
- OPEN SP TOOL
-CHOOSE THE SCATTER (FROM UBUNTU ROM FOLDER "M75)
- CHOOSE "FIRMWARE UPGRADE" (IF YOU DO DOWNLOAD YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE)

- PUSH "DOWNLOAD" ON SP TOOL
- PLUG THE PHONE

IF ALL GO GOOD, THE PROCESS START.

MEIZU MX4 - UBUNTU TOUCH ROM : http://people.canonical.com/~alextu/tangxi/684.zip
DRIVER AN TOOLS (i have used this for flash the phone): https://mega.nz/#!MkVCHIYS!4DTJ283ny...uzojQ9Q23xRDSc
******UPDATE****** BACKUP OF PREALODER DRIVERS ATTACHED (for open it download this program ----->http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvb...e=typ_redirect)

+++++++++++++++++SPECIAL THX TO : @iicc+++++++++++++++++
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sp tool.JPG
Views:	12670
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	3484670   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150924_007.jpg
Views:	12110
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	3484673   Click image for larger version

Name:	PRELOADER.jpg
Views:	11592
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	3484714  
Attached Files
File Type: rar preloader driver backup.rar - [Click for QR Code] (20.9 KB, 5300 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Naphtha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naphtha Ad-Free

24th September 2015, 04:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Nice!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to iicc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iicc Ad-Free
24th September 2015, 05:01 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Good ! I want this on Mx4 Pro

Envoyé de mon MX4 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk
24th September 2015, 06:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How to enter this mode for drivers? Vol up + power enter recovery mode. And do we need to have unlocked bootloader for that or what we have to do? Because it's not working
24th September 2015, 06:38 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Crotone

Donate to Me
More
Little bit first of recovery, and turn on with volume up from first...you need to see fasty on the device manager the unknown device
The Following User Says Thank You to Naphtha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naphtha Ad-Free
24th September 2015, 07:03 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naphtha

Little bit first of recovery, and turn on with volume up from first...you need to see fasty on the device manager the unknown device

I don't understand what you mean... Did someone tried? Can someone say what to do?
24th September 2015, 07:21 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Crotone

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAngel43

I don't understand what you mean... Did someone tried? Can someone say what to do?

look https://youtu.be/wrgtcb3QNeQ
The Following User Says Thank You to Naphtha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naphtha Ad-Free
24th September 2015, 07:29 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Crotone

Donate to Me
More
Turn off the phone---> Plug In the phone to the pc----->Hold volume up + Power---> In "device manager" popup an unknown device (really fasty)----> install the driver (vcom preloader listed now!!)---> turn off the phone-----> open sp tool---> load scatter----> set firmware upgrade-----> push download-----> Hold the volume up+power-----> flashing start (if you do all good!!)
24th September 2015, 07:36 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naphtha

Turn off the phone---> Plug In the phone to the pc----->Hold volume up + Power---> In "device manager" popup an unknown device (really fasty)----> install the driver (vcom preloader listed now!!)---> turn off the phone-----> open sp tool---> load scatter----> set firmware upgrade-----> push download-----> Hold the volume up+power-----> flashing start (if you do all good!!)

When I am doing this, nothing popup in device manager, if I keep up holding volume up + power phone is rebooting every time, when I stop holding this buttons my phone goes to recovery. What am I doing wrong?
24th September 2015, 07:41 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Crotone

Donate to Me
More
If reboot is ok... pay attention on device menager...popup really fasty an new device and disapper
24th September 2015, 08:45 PM |#11  

More
It' there when I am holding volume down + power but there is error in sp tool. It's says that it's secure Base-band Chip

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Have you unlocked bootloader before doing this?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Even on 4.2.8.2a it's not working. Always error in SP Tool.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
meizu, meizu mx4, ubuntu touch, ubuntu touch android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)