FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][M86][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.0 for Meizu PRO5

459 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,038
 
By faust93, Senior Member on 1st April 2016, 07:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
DISCLAIMER
I'm not responsible for any damage, bootloop, bricked or broken handsets.
Notice
The recovery can't be flashed to the handset with locked bootloader! Unlock it first!

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom and stock (with some remarks) ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Update 01.04.2016 (it is not a joke )
First stable release
Have fixed screen flickering and UI lagging

Update 29.03.2016
It's alive! First experimental working build published at internal 4pda Russian board.

Download
TWRP 3.0 M86 fastboot flashable image
TWRP 3.0 M86 flashable zip
Stock Recovery flashable zip
Unlocked BL flashable zip

Install
With BL unlocked reboot into fastboot mode and flash:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0_m86.img
Cautions
Before flashing stock rom with TWRP replace bootloader file with unlocked one inside rom archive!!!!
Another method is to flash unlocked BL and TWRP zips immediately after flashing stock rom (need testing)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faust93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faust93 Ad-Free
 
 
2nd April 2016, 05:33 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
JUST IN CASE this is an April fools.... I'll wait 😁
2nd April 2016, 10:09 AM |#3  
PYCON's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 265
 
More
Thumbs down
Great mate, u've stolen my idea in the end, right ?!

Gooooood work, thank u very much ! Testing wip

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Nein, first step doesn't work

Flashing unlocked BL through stock recovery, I get always the same result :

Quote:

FIRMWARE CORRUPT

2nd April 2016, 10:44 AM |#4  
naboleo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust93

Update 01.04.2016 (it is not a joke )
First stable release
Have fixed screen flickering and UI lagging

*Working fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYCON

Nein, first step doesn't work

Didn't we discuss it yesterday ? No official zip signature => not flashable with locked bootloader...
2nd April 2016, 10:49 AM |#5  
PYCON's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 265
 
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by toms157

Didn't we discuss it yesterday ? No official zip signature => not flashable with locked bootloader...

Ahahah yes yes but the purpose of BL_UNLOCKED.ZIP is to unlock bootloader. But in order to flash it correctly... we've to have the bootloader already unlocked

Damn it, it's really stupid, right ?
2nd April 2016, 11:01 AM |#6  
naboleo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYCON

Damn it, it's really stupid, right ?

Filename could lead to confusion, sure... It's needed for this :
Quote:

Another method is to flash unlocked BL and TWRP zips immediately after flashing stock rom (need testing)"

Meanning flash 3 files from custom recovery without rebooting

Anyway this is not a catch-22, leaked beta from tutorial is the entry point
The Following User Says Thank You to naboleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naboleo Ad-Free
2nd April 2016, 11:38 AM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Will this work on a device that was originally the Chinese variant but changed to the international one after editing the proinfo file? I'm really eager to try this but I'd hate to jump in blindly and brick...
2nd April 2016, 11:43 AM |#8  
naboleo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showofdeth

Will this work on a device that was originally the Chinese variant but changed to the international one after editing the proinfo file? I'm really eager to try this but I'd hate to jump in blindly and brick...

ID is only checked while using stock recovery .... Anyway it's safe, i'm in the same case and worked
2nd April 2016, 11:48 AM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naboleo

ID is only checked while using stock recovery .... Anyway it's safe, i'm in the same case and worked

Oh man that's great to hear! Thanks. Bought myself a laptop specifically to get my PRO 5 all TWRP'd up.

One last thing. I have updated firmwares many times in the last couple of months with full factory wipes each time, currently on the latest test version. Will the bootloader unlock in the tutorial still work? Meizu can't have patched anything. Right?
2nd April 2016, 11:52 AM |#10  
naboleo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showofdeth

One last thing. I have updated firmwares many times in the last couple of months with full factory wipes each time, currently on the latest test version. Will the bootloader unlock in the tutorial still work? Meizu can't have patched anything. Right?

Never had troubles to downgrade to leaked beta
2nd April 2016, 12:06 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naboleo

Never had troubles to downgrade to leaked beta

Brilliant. Thanks a lot. Can't wait to hear people's experiences with this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes