Rooting issue with mx4 pro meizu phone - exhausted all avenues need advice please

Search This thread

brambles1234

Feb 28, 2010
Good Evening

I have recently acquired a Meizu MX4 PRO from my father who buys lots of phones mainly from Ebay and Aliexpress (direct from China) - He has had this phone for quite some time but could never really do much with it because everything was in Chinese and the flyme account is registered to a completely random email address that none of us recognize. Anyhow over christmas he was telling me about it and I said that I would take a look and see what I could do as I have some knowledge of rooting, TWRP, flashing etc. After a good couple of days of trying different things I am none the wiser. I can't for the life of me root this little monkey!

I have tried the following KINGROOT APK, KINGROOT PC, ADB, TERMINAL COMMAND (little knowledge), since exhausting all avenues (I have lost track how many threads I have read) I thought XDA may be my last hope, or at least to find out if it's possible?

Is there anyway of rooting this phone without getting in to the flyme account? - it does sound a bit dodgy I suppose asking this, however it really does appear that a seller in china sold this phone without logging out of his\her account?

Specifications:

Model MX 4 PRO
Android Version 5.1.1
Build number Flyme 5.1.11.1A
Baseband version LTG_3.117.003

If its simply not possible then I will just give it back to my father and say its not possible to do anything with it.

Any help you can offer would be greatly received

Thanks for reading

Darren

Last edited:

xamix

Nov 20, 2015
Hi. I just bought one with a used flyme account (owner says nver create one....but has his name...probably just created it in the first run an doesn't remember...all in chinese xD) and rooted it easily with KingRoot (then all meizu apps went to hibernation...and no problems til now)
Try to downgrade or update to a beta and try again kingroot 4.8.1 and 4.9.5 did both the job on mine. (SuperSume not...)

Reactions: Igorgan

Giovanni7cc

May 22, 2016
You can flash the Chinese firmware with wiping the data first. When the flashing done, go to settings, format internal storage, then you can login your own account

brambles1234

Feb 28, 2010
You can flash the Chinese firmware with wiping the data first. When the flashing done, go to settings, format internal storage, then you can login your own account

Hi

Thanks for the reply - What chinese firmware do I use to flash please? are you able to point me to a link? - I am familiar with flashing but I want to make sure that I am using the right firmware. Thanks

brambles1234

Feb 28, 2010
Hi. I just bought one with a used flyme account (owner says nver create one....but has his name...probably just created it in the first run an doesn't remember...all in chinese xD) and rooted it easily with KingRoot (then all meizu apps went to hibernation...and no problems til now)
Try to downgrade or update to a beta and try again kingroot 4.8.1 and 4.9.5 did both the job on mine. (SuperSume not...)

Hi sounds promising - Which software am I downgrading or upgrading to, the Meizu or Kingroot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi sounds promising - Which software am I downgrading or upgrading to, the Meizu or Kingroot?

I think I've unlocked all versions of FlymeOS with Kingroot...using the last beta and rooted too...
    If it doesn't work at first just keep trying...till 100%