FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] BOOTLOADER UNLOCKING FOR MX4/M1 Note

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 24
 
By slowsunset, Member on 15th September 2015, 02:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2015, 08:48 AM |#21  
supercowz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag paris
Thanks Meter: 529
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zspudsz

How can I unlock the bootloader of a bricked MX4? cant access anything than fastboot. please help

I think you still stuck, because you need a working phone to use this method

Envoyé de mon NX507J en utilisant Tapatalk
 
 
17th September 2015, 08:55 AM |#22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercowz

I think you still stuck, because you need a working phone to use this method

Envoyé de mon NX507J en utilisant Tapatalk

thanks. will wait for development of this method for cases like mine.
17th September 2015, 11:26 AM |#23  
iicc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Sorry, one stupid question.
If I am in kitkat, with the bootloader unlocked and philz. What I need to do to go to lollipop?

I would need to flash meizu modded recovery (or the meizu stock) and flash the rom, no? Only this.

I know the bootloader will relock
17th September 2015, 01:48 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
So its means that the MX4 who was updated to lollipop is no posible to unlock bootloader?
what if I downgrade from loli to kitkat?
And can i do same with International version MX4. At moment i have 4.5.5 I FW
17th September 2015, 03:41 PM |#25  
iicc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richish

So its means that the MX4 who was updated to lollipop is no posible to unlock bootloader?
what if I downgrade from loli to kitkat?
And can i do same with International version MX4. At moment i have 4.5.5 I FW

You can downgrade to kitkat, It will work
17th September 2015, 08:51 PM |#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
so essentially there's a modded uboot.img which you can flash without causing brick...

basically what I wrote about in the theoretical ways to unlock the bootloader (many posts deleted...)
17th September 2015, 09:40 PM |#27  
iicc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Do you think we can repartition the phone to flash Ubuntu?

I think we can do it with "parted" command, with ADB of a flashable bash script. We only have to resize the partitions and set a partition table as MX4 Ubuntu. We could flash Ubuntu touch & CM12.1

For example, this script repartition Xiaomi Mi3 system

Code:
#!/sbin/sh

OUTFD=$2

ui_print() {
	echo -n -e "ui_print $1\n" > /proc/self/fd/$OUTFD
	echo -n -e "ui_print\n" > /proc/self/fd/$OUTFD
}

ui_print ""
ui_print "###########################"
ui_print "#       audahadi          #"
ui_print "# modded from forumber2's #"
ui_print "#  Repartition script     #"
ui_print "#   Mi 3W /system 1.2G    #"
ui_print "#        only!            #"
ui_print "###########################"

ui_print ""
ui_print "Unmounting systems partiton..."

umount -l /system
umount -l /system1
umount -l /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
umount -l /dev/block/mmcblk0p26

ui_print ""
	ui_print "WARNING! System is ready, repartitioning will start in 2 seconds"
	sleep 2
	ui_print ""
	ui_print "Removing partitions..."
	parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm 25
	parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm 26
	ui_print "Removing partitions...COMPLETED"
	ui_print ""
	ui_print "Creating new partitions..."
	parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpart primary 403MB 1074MB
	parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpart primary 1074MB 1745MB
	parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 name 25 system
	parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 name 26 system1
	ui_print "Creating new partitions...COMPLETED"
	ui_print ""
	ui_print "Unmounting systems partitions again..."
	umount -l /system
	umount -l /system1
	umount -l /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
	umount -l /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
	ui_print "Unmounting systems partitions again...COMPLETED"
	ui_print ""
	ui_print "Formatting new partitions..."
	mke2fs -b 4096 -T ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
	mke2fs -b 4096 -T ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
	ui_print "Formatting new partitions...COMPLETED."
	ui_print ""
	ui_print "ALL DONE!..."
	ui_print ""
	ui_print "Rebooting to recovery in 5 seconds..."
	ui_print "Thanks to forumber2 for his original GT-i9300 repartition script"
	sleep 5
	reboot recovery
fi
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xiao...acity-t3011918
17th September 2015, 11:23 PM |#28  
FrAsErTaG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 1,101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naphtha

Thx guys i have installed the Ubuntu Touch recovery! :') 4 Phones bricked and now i have it!!

The partition size is different between the MX4 android and MX4 ubuntu editions.

The system partition is to small to accept the system.img being offered by ubuntu, unless you can truly unlock your bootloader and flash under SP/MTK tools then I do not think there is a solution.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iicc

Do you think we can repartition the phone to flash Ubuntu?

I think we can do it with "parted" command, with ADB of a flashable bash script. We only have to resize the partitions and set a partition table as MX4 Ubuntu. We could flash Ubuntu touch & CM12.1

How will you resize the recovery partition while actively using it?
If you look at the differences between the two phones, repartitioning via the recovery is highly likely to end in a paper weight....
The Following User Says Thank You to FrAsErTaG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FrAsErTaG Ad-Free
17th September 2015, 11:38 PM |#29  
iicc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAsErTaG

The partition size is different between the MX4 android and MX4 ubuntu editions.

The system partition is to small to accept the system.img being offered by ubuntu, unless you can truly unlock your bootloader and flash under SP/MTK tools then I do not think there is a solution.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------



How will you resize the recovery partition while actively using it?
If you look at the differences between the two phones, repartitioning via the recovery is highly likely to end in a paper weight....


I think only we dont have to resize recovery. Data, system and cache and maybe other

MX4
BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 16777216
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 16777216
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 1375731712
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 13618380800


MX4 UBUNTU/CM12.1
BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 16777216
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 16777216
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 2164260864
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 12737576960
17th September 2015, 11:49 PM |#30  
FrAsErTaG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 1,101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iicc

I think only we dont have to resize recovery. Data, system and cache and maybe other

MX4
BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 16777216
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 16777216
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 1375731712
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 13618380800


MX4 UBUNTU/CM12.1
BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 16777216
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 16777216
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 2164260864
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 12737576960

Its not just the physical size of the partition mate, its also the allocation table to the NAND.
To increase space here, you must take space from somewhere else, from studying the differences all paritions need to be restructured.
17th September 2015, 11:57 PM |#31  
iicc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAsErTaG

Its not just the physical size of the partition mate, its also the allocation table to the NAND.
To increase space here, you must take space from somewhere else, from studying the differences all paritions need to be restructured.




Anybody has tried SP FT with bootloader unlocked? Maybe now we dont get the authentification errors..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes