[TUTORIAL] BOOTLOADER UNLOCKING FOR MX4/M1 Note

Search This thread

Maagnum154

Sep 18, 2015
37 K Not so bad . we had 35k score on flyme 4.5.5 I untill official realise.
As flyme vs cm i think CM is 3x faster.
Cant wait when will get my MX4 back from service.
( Had problems with screen, maybe dead pixels, service said that, i think its was just dust under touchsceen )

About tuto: i think its need to be updated with full info of procedure.

what ? in 4.5.5I/A i have 50k score, all cpu's in this update works fine

slowsunset

Sep 7, 2015
37 K Not so bad . we had 35k score on flyme 4.5.5 I untill official realise.
As flyme vs cm i think CM is 3x faster.
Cant wait when will get my MX4 back from service.
( Had problems with screen, maybe dead pixels, service said that, i think its was just dust under touchsceen )

About tuto: i think its need to be updated with full info of procedure.

what should i specifically add? this thread is just for unlocking process and notes, not how to flash recovery / adb setting. So maybe i will add some pictures soon

Last edited:

slowsunset

Sep 7, 2015
what ? in 4.5.5I/A i have 50k score, all cpu's in this update works fine

yea yea, i know how this works.. when you going to geekbench/antutu all A17 cores are working, and they are almost never working w/o benchmarks... Laggy official twitter for example, works 3 of A7 cores at max and no one A17 (but with just 1 A17 it will 15x smoothly)

Maagnum154

Sep 18, 2015
slowsunet, i flashed patched recovery and i have this error.
ntczzbpsgilugoexklvgahmbpfaejujvlimonbsehggrwrodcyldfvwbrnuzxgywnzmtzqvsgoatppkabxfxqeaphubtcuxjktsk

Last edited:

iicc

Apr 10, 2015
Be carefull dont use the chinese apk to unlock the bootloader on Lollipop or your device will brick

zspudsz

Apr 15, 2012
If someone knows a way to unbricked my bootlooped device and unlock bootloader, please tell me. because my mx4 just went remote locked all of a sudden and after reset it stuck in flyme. recovery not working anymore. meizu dont want to help me even i send them an official receipt. :(

Naphtha

Jan 2, 2015
Crotone
If someone knows a way to unbricked my bootlooped device and unlock bootloader, please tell me. because my mx4 just went remote locked all of a sudden and after reset it stuck in flyme. recovery not working anymore. meizu dont want to help me even i send them an official receipt. :(

:crying: you can't nothing, only sell it and buy another (or repair it...).

Sieane

Sep 11, 2010
France
I'm writing the tutorial, but I don't know if I use the chinese apk or the solution of this thread, what do you think guys ?

Naphtha

Jan 2, 2015
Crotone
meizu doesnt even care about their customer, i give all what they need but still they wont repair the unit even if i pay.
do you think someone can fix this in the near future?
The problem is: we don't know if tools like Volcano Box and others, works well with Meizu. Customer service, need to change the motherboard for repair it. :( They can't reflash the motherboard of all the mx4, meizu don't give to them the file for do it with sp tool...

For this in my threads i wanted help for build the "auth" file for the sp tool!! If we build it for the MTK6595 we can flash the rom of ubuntu from SP Tool and we can unbrick the Meizu mx4... But all ignore me..

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

I'm writing the tutorial, but I don't know if I use the chinese apk or the solution of this thread, what do you think guys ?

can you confirm if in fastboot work this command: fastboot oem unlock ?

Sieane

Sep 11, 2010
France
The problem is: we don't know if tools like Volcano Box and others, works well with Meizu. Customer service, need to change the motherboard for repair it. :( They can't reflash the motherboard of all the mx4, meizu don't give to them the file for do it with sp tool...

For this in my threads i wanted help for build the "auth" file for the sp tool!! If we build it for the MTK6595 we can flash the rom of ubuntu from SP Tool and we can unbrick the Meizu mx4... But all ignore me..

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

can you confirm if in fastboot work this command: fastboot oem unlock ?

You can"t unlock bootloader with this command, it don't work, we need id code for that. If it were that easy, this tutorial would not exist.

Last edited:

Naphtha

Jan 2, 2015
Crotone
You can"t unlock bootloader with this command, it don't work, we need id code for that. If it were that easy, this tutorial would not exist.

fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.014s

mmmm thx

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Ok! i want try to flash the kernel of ubuntu touch!

Reactions: Sieane

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello xda, here's guide for bootloader unlocking for Meizu MX4 and Meizu M1 Note.

All your actions with the phone is at your own risk. The authors are not liable. This is just your choice.

PLEASE read full instructions before you start.
    RECOMMENDED ONLY FOR EXPERIENCED USERS.
    This was tested ONLY on MX4 and M1 Note (MX4 PRO - NOT WORKING)

Archives contains:

• custom-recovery_mx4_philz - custom recovery philz touch 6 for MX4
    • custom-recovery_m1note_philz - custom recovery philz touch 6 for M1 Note
    • gscript - folder with unlocking script
    • patched-stock-recovery_mx4 - patched stock recovery for MX4 (who wants to flash International (index I) firmware to chinese MX4 (index A), or flash stock-customs (deleted chinese soft, game center etc.))
    • patched-stock-recovery_m1note - patched stock recovery for M1 Note (same as MX4)
      *********************************** (deleted digital signature checker and checking version of your MX4 / M1 Note (chinese/international))
    • patcher - loader patcher
    • terminal emulator - easy terminal emulator

UNLOCKING PROCESS:

1. Flash clean stock firmware, do this only on android version: 4.4.2 firmware on MX4 (4.2.8.2A) / 4.4.4 firmware on M1 Note (4.2.0.5A) VERY IMPORTANT!!!
      **************************************************************** (Android 5.0/5.1 firmwares uboot not patch)

2. Get ROOT by standard method (flyme account). SuperSu NO NEEDED
    3. Unpack on your disc (on PC) archive with firmware which you used to flash on your MX4 (4.2.8.2A) / M1 Note (4.2.0.5A) VERY IMPORTANT!!!
      • Place in a folder with unpacked archive (p.3) file "Meizu_Patch.exe" from folder "patcher" of your downloaded archive and open this with administrator rights.
        -Theoretically, antiviruses can alarm to packer which patcher was compilated (but Dr.Web is fine) / but antiviruses recommended to be closed.
        -If you are afraid about viruses and trojans, skip this step....and all the following.
      • If all goes well - we see a flashing green "SusseccFully Patched" in the patcher round window - continue.
      • If no and you see inscription "Patching Failed!", RED - STOP - something goes wrong and if you continue - BRICK!!!

4. Delete from this folder 2 files: "Meizu_Patch.exe" and "uboot.img.bak".
      • Create a folder with name "UNLOCK" in phone root directory (SD card)(DCIM folders, Picture, Music, data etc.) and copy in already patched loader file "uboot.img" from firmware folder from PC (where we started our patching (unpacked firmware)).
      • Pack this firmware (on PC) back in archive (using 7-zip/winrar) with name "update.zip" (default flyme firmwares) - could be useful.

• Copy a folder "gscript" together with the contents in phone root directory (SD card).
      • Install "terminal emulator" on your phone from "gscript" folder.
      • Open terminal and write
        su
        sh /sdcard/gscript/unlock.sh
        *Important!!* Wait 3 minutes for script action
      • Reboot your phone by command reboot . If it succesfully boot - congratulations, all right.

Further:

*WARNING!!!* All operations of modules flashing (recovery.img, boot.img etc.) doing ONLY BY STANDARD METHODS, by FASTBOOT command "fastboot flash"!! NOTHING ELSE!!

1. You can flash modified stock recovery from folder "patched-recovery" for MX4/M1 Note (your needs) by command: "fastboot flash recovery patched_recovery.img" and restrict the international version of firmware (in update.zip you can do all changes you want - signature will not check).
      • *CARE!!* If you flash index I firmware with patched recovery, USE Titanium or others to delete/freeze "System Update" from firmware. OTA UPDATE WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!
      • *CARE!!* Patched recovery will be rewritten on the usual stock recovery by first full android load, then after command "fastboot flash patched_recovery.img" turn off your phone and hold button "volume up" (+) and "power" before the phone starts (or delete "recovery-from-boot" as alternative).
    2. You can flash custom recovery - and use it for your needs.
      • *CARE!!* DON'T try to flash stock meizu firmwares from any custom recovery, we have patched stock recovery for that.
      • ALWAYS DO A BACKUP!!

VERY IMPORTANT Notes:

1. Not allowed "strange" combinations (for example flashing not patched loader and custom recovery). If system goes to bootloop - exit from "half-brick" could be very hard, if it all possible.
    2. Loader patch and reverse packing stock firmwares should be done everywhere - it will save your time and nerves. You should avoid version mismatch of preloader - uboot - boot.img in smartphone firmware. Effects, bugs, lags can be very different.
      • *IMPORTANT!!* Then, if we flash "custom firmware", it should NOT CONTAINS "uboot.img" and "preloader.bin". All this can be flashed only in stock (modified) firmware, ONLY FROM STOCK or PATCHED STOCK recovery.
    3. "uboot.img" CAN'T BE flashed by fastboot!! Also not allowed doing experiments with "preloader.bin". BRICK probability is very high!!

Original source:

Authors:
    kirill8000 -
    kkk4 -

Some thanks:
    Paypal - kkm@front.ru

Apparently, the chinese community has developed a functional cm12 for the MX4, I'm downloading it and I'll test it

http://blog.xen0n.name/2015/09/21/meizu-mx4-cm-12.1-userdebug-1/

EDIT: It works !

http://i.imgur.com/p8LZNoN.jpg
    "Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset."

I'm downloading the omnirom version

And... No :(
    Ok.. Thanks for test it. I will continue trying [emoji6]
    Philz Touch 6

Sound is ok
    Wifi is ok
    Call works but "com.android.phone" crashes randomly when a sim is inserted
    Vibration not ok

I continue my test
    I have a spare board, I will need to downgrade this to KK and DD the uboot.img, then ill test with MTK tools mate.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

I also managed to get this recovery working fine on Lollipop! but not the uboot.img

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I have now successfully patched the uboot img of Lollipop and successfully flashed.

This has allowed flashing a custom recovery using "fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img"

What it has not allowed is
    preloader mode
    and extended fastboot options like "fastboot getvar all"

So this does not completely "unlock" the bootloader... but wondering if a Ubuntu user DD'ed there uboot.img if this would result in a brick when flashed.

I am interested in this, I have a spare board to take the risk!

My experience with MTK tools is limited, however with my past experience the phone is in preloader mode when completely powered off, I am unsure if this is the case with the ubuntu edition mx4 and doubt we can replicate that.