[Tutorial] Install TWRP on PRO 5

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By toms157, Junior Member on 31st March 2016, 09:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Before all, I am not responsible if your device get bricked or something like this.

So you need to unlock the bootloader before, check this tutorial to do that : http://forum.xda-developers.com/meiz...pro-5-t3303127

After that, download the twrp image here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/meiz...-pro5-t3349888

Then place the twrp file on your desktop.
Boot you Pro 5 into fastboot mode (Power+Vol down) and connect it to pc.

Launch cmd, and then go to your desktop :

Then type this command :

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_pro5.img
If there are no problems, you will get that :

And that's all, now you can boot on TWRP with Power+Vol Up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php.jpg
Views:	1826
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	3702566  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toms157 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toms157 Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 10:38 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Perfect! Nice one. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Can't wait to try it out! Now you have TWRP have you tried flashing anything like a custom kernel or something?
31st March 2016, 03:42 PM |#3  
Flag Ha Noi
Thanks Meter: 258

More
amazing
We are can make custom rom stock
I will upload link custom kernel use synapse !!!
31st March 2016, 03:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29y6145

amazing
We are can make custom rom stock
I will upload link custom kernel use synapse !!!

Hi, u'r an expert I see so... do u know a way to unlock BL without wiping my data ? Check my post on unlocking BL topic please
31st March 2016, 03:59 PM |#5  
Flag Ha Noi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYCON

Hi, u'r an expert I see so... do u know a way to unlock BL without wiping my data ? Check my post on unlocking BL topic please

I known
I will upload file kernel and bootloader unlocked
Then you can make rom custom rom then add bootloader unlocker for rom stock
You wil no lost unlock
I hope yo will think of many ideas
PS: I making rom beta G without wipe data , and no lost unlock
Hope will good
SR English my bad
PS: I dont understand....IF you unlock then update FW stock , bootloader will update.and devices will lock...you can not keep data,because downgrade FW
31st March 2016, 04:04 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Be careful with flashing zip with TWRP : I have flashed an update (official) with TWRP to see if it works : update flash works but now I can't access to any recovery, just fastboot and system.

Unable to flash any recovery with fastboot, permission denied, locked bootloader after update.

And I can't flash recovery with the Meizu official tool, I get "token sign failed".
So I can't update the phone at all, no official update, nothing because the phone won't boot into recovery.

Great.
31st March 2016, 04:15 PM |#7  
Flag Ha Noi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toms157

Be careful with flashing zip with TWRP : I have flashed an update (official) with TWRP to see if it works : update flash works but now I can't access to any recovery, just fastboot and system.

Unable to flash any recovery with fastboot, permission denied, locked bootloader after update.

And I can't flash recovery with the Meizu official tool, I get "token sign failed".
So I can't update the phone at all, no official update, nothing because the phone won't boot into recovery.

Great.

You need note: If you flash stock rom (no delete bootloader) devices will update bootloader and devices will lock bootloader
If you want flash rom stock or update rom pls delete file
bootloader , dtb ,ldfw,logo.bin,recovery.img,firmware_type,imei.dat ,machine_match
and folder META-INF\com\android
Then edit updater-script
good luck
31st March 2016, 04:19 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

You need note: If you flash stock rom (no delete bootloader) devices will update bootloader and devices will lock bootloader
If you want flash rom stock or update rom pls delete file
bootloader , dtb , file_contexts,ldfw,logo.bin,recovery.img,firmware_ type,imei.dat,machine_match
and folder META-INF\com\android
Then edit updater-script
good luck

Thanks, but now I can't update anything : when I try to boot into recovery, the phone boot into system. Power+Vol.Up doesn't work now, until I flashed the new rom. So I can't update the phone.
31st March 2016, 04:22 PM |#9  
Flag Ha Noi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toms157

Thanks, but now I can't update anything : when I try to boot into recovery, the phone boot into system. Power+Vol.Up doesn't work now, until I flashed the new rom. So I can't update the phone.

you can try
1-root devices
2-use flashfire or flashify flash recovery stock (recovery.img stock in rom stock zip meizu)
good luck
31st March 2016, 04:54 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

you can try
1-root devices
2-use flashfire or flashify flash recovery stock (recovery.img stock in rom stock zip meizu)
good luck

Thanks, I can flash official update, but when I try to flash recovery.img (official too) : IOException write failed, Permission Denied.

I have tried to flash the update with the unlocked bootloader : works, but the bootloader won't get unlocked.

Thanks for the help.
31st March 2016, 05:45 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Then edit updater-script

This may be useful to flash, on stock recovery, an UPDATE.ZIP with only the unlocked bootloader ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)