FORUMS

Meizu PRO5 - NEW BASEBAND - 17.08.2017

1,371 posts
Thanks Meter: 277

By PYCON, Senior Member on 4th September 2017, 04:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Great,

another BB super new for our Meizu PRO 5 I've compiled it into a ZIP file flashable with TWRP :

BB - 17.08.2017

Thanks to @naboleo for the BIN file...

Testing WIP...

BB
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PYCON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PYCON Ad-Free
16th September 2017, 09:27 AM |#2  
Flag Perriers sur andelle
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've been using it for few days now, everything works fine. At least the same way as before (I was on 2016 Baseband).
20th September 2017, 01:04 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYCON

Great,

another BB super new for our Meizu PRO 5 I've compiled it into a ZIP file flashable with TWRP :

BB - 17.08.2017

Thanks to @naboleo for the BIN file...

Testing WIP...

BB

Questions.
1. Is it improving the already existing or adding new and wider baseband?
2. Does it have band 5(850Mhz)? My country specified that kind of frequency to be able to ultillize 4G connectivity.

Would appreciate your answers. Thank you.
20th September 2017, 09:21 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provinthius

Questions.
1. Is it improving the already existing or adding new and wider baseband?
2. Does it have band 5(850Mhz)? My country specified that kind of frequency to be able to ultillize 4G connectivity.

Would appreciate your answers. Thank you.

Sorry but I cannot reply to your answers 'cause I don't know : a changelog for the baseband doesn't exist
20th September 2017, 03:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For some reason none of the basebands that i tried (both of your's and the ones in faust ROMs, even the newest version in newest RR) worked at all for my PRO5/Carrier combo. The 3G signal was OK, but 4G was completely broken, either not working (no data) or constantly switching to 3G. When I did manage to get it working, the signal was very weak and unstable. Switching to WiFi and back usually broke it even more.
As a last ditch effort I extracted the modem.bin from the Lollipop AICP ROM, flashed it through TWRP and viola, it works! Switching to and from Wifi/3G works instantly, always have signal + data.
If anyone has a similar issue, try flashing attached baseband with TWRP. Not sure how good battery life is with it, will test the next couple of days.
Big thanks + credit to PYCON for his flashable basebands.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AICPLP.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.57 MB, 230 views)
20th September 2017, 03:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirYar

For some reason none of the basebands that i tried (both of your's and the ones in faust ROMs, even the newest version in newest RR) worked at all for my PRO5/Carrier combo. The 3G signal was OK, but 4G was completely broken, either not working (no data) or constantly switching to 3G. When I did manage to get it working, the signal was very weak and unstable. Switching to WiFi and back usually broke it even more.
As a last ditch effort I extracted the modem.bin from the Lollipop AICP ROM, flashed it through TWRP and viola, it works! Switching to and from Wifi/3G works instantly, always have signal + data.
If anyone has a similar issue, try flashing attached baseband with TWRP. Not sure how good battery life is with it, will test the next couple of days.
Big thanks + credit to PYCON for his flashable basebands.

Woah great man, I'm happy u've solved

Anyway, with this BB u've extracted from old AICP' rom, could u provide to us a sreen shot of your phone info ? Or just the version of the BB ?
20th September 2017, 05:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Here is a small update after playing with the Lollipop AICP baseband a bit - the signal is mostly good, 4G speeds are very good (can get 20+ Mbps with medium-good signal). However, it takes a LONG time (up to a few minutes) to switch back to 4G after Airplane mode/using 3G.
I used the opportunity to also extract the baseband from Flyme 6. Attached it as well, will test it out for hopefully better results...
Attached is the Flyme 6.1.0.0 baseband. Also screenshots of the two BB versions running on newest RR (Newer one is from Flyme).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170920-183647.png
Views:	458
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	4278062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170920-184224.png
Views:	456
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	4278063  
Attached Files
File Type: zip FLYME6.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.58 MB, 226 views)
21st March 2018, 10:15 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYCON

Great,
BB - 17.08.2017

Thanks for this! The Dec 2017 Ressurection Remix from this thread had a strange issue where my Fido.ca SIM would only be able to get a network when my second, German, SIM was inserted... This baseband helped.

EDIT:
At least until I use airplane Mode - it doesn't come back from that, have to do a reboot after airplane mode. It's the same with the Flyme 6 baseband.

So I tried some more combinations: The German SIM alone works fine after startup, but it also doesn't come back from airplane mode... Using two SIMs alongside works fine - even coming back from airplane mode.

So, somewhere there's a problem with entering/leaving airplane mode - and since it happens with two different basebands, I guess the problem lies with the Ressurection Remix?

Or does the Flyme 6 or any other baseband get overwritten again by the RR one?

Cheers Frank
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)