>> Only run on unlocked bootloader <<
>> TWRP 3.0 patched by st0rm77 as recovery <<
>> Scripts are released under GPlv2 license <<
>> Run at own risk <<
Watch the video
I wrote a simple Ubuntu-Touch installer for the Meizu Pro 5. Its been tested on OTA-12 and OTA-13
but will probably work for any future version unless they change something.
Make sure you have the TWRP_3.0_m86_patched_st0rm77 recovery installed.
Only this version will backup the bootlogo and device tree.
Steps to install:
1. Make a backup of your device <-- ALWAYS
- select backup from TWRP
2. Install ubuntu-device-flash
# sudo apt-get install ubuntu-device-flash
# ubuntu-device-flash --download-only touch --device=turbo --channel=ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu-pd.en
(For Windows,Mac and lazy people: Ubuntu-Touch OTA-12 & Ubuntu-Touch OTA-13)
3. Open the folder ~/.cache/ubuntuimages and copy the following files onto your internal storage or sdcard:
- version-*.xz, custom-*.xz, device-*.xz and ubuntu-*.xz
- ubuntu-touch-installer*.zip (attached to this post)
4. Start your device in TWRP and wipe your device
- select wipe > advanced wipe
- select Dalvik/Art, Cache, System, Data and >>swipe to wipe<<
5. Install Ubuntu-Touch
- select install
- select ubuntu-touch-installer*.zip.
Wait until the installer finishes and reboot your device