It should work on phones:
1. With lost recovery and locked bootloader (fastboot) My case.
2. With lost bootloader
3. With lost recovery and bootloader
First case was tested by me with international version phone, but as restore procedure is very low level it should work and for other two cases and probably Chinese phones.
Unbrick procedure was done using 32bits. Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service pack 1) with installed all updates. 32 bit OS was used because I found only 32 bits. Drivers, not for the phone, but for Samsung Exynos7420. As you know this phone is based on 7420 chip.
Windows 10 won’t work.
The puzzle was solved after rethinking of information from these forum posts:
thanks these guys for showing me path.
The trick is to put phone in Exynos7420 mode and flash unlocked bootloader. Unlocked boot loader I took from link provided in this tread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mei...pro-5-t3303127
Then I extracted unlocked bootloader as u-boot.bin.signed and the other three files:
I took from multiUpgrade 4.8.5.rar archive, you could find them in it if you dig enough into subfolders. Extract from unlocked bootloader file I din’t succeed .
1. Prepare 32 bit windows machine. (it could be even a virtual machine, I have done it using parallels desktop, but it is possible and with other virtualisation software, like vmware or of course bare metal)
2. Extract provided archive into somewhere It contains all necessary drivers, tools and files.
3. Install Drivers ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\Disk1\Setup.exe
4. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 ~\Files\vcredist_x86.exe
5. Copy ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\WinDNWApi.dll and ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\WinDNWApi.lib in in: c:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers\
6. Rename c:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers\WinDNWApi.dat, just add something at the end, I renamed into to WinDNWApi.dat_
7. Run ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\Multidownloader.ex e and select file ~\Files\Bootloader\MeizuPro5.cfg
8. Boot into Exynos7420 mode Press and hold Vol + and Vol - and press one time power button, keep pressing both Vol buttons. Do not release them.
9. OS should detect device and install drivers, then in the Multidownloader.exe application window you should see connected device.
10. Select device and press start, wait until phone reboots into fastboot mode with unlocked bootloader. Now you can release both Vol buttons. Congratulations, now you have device in fastboot mode with unlocked bootloader.
11. Install Samsung drivers from ~\Files\Samsung Drivers\ using windows device manage and have disk method selecting right drivers file in ~\Files\Samsung drivers\android_winusb.inf. Now you have device in fastboot mode and accessible from fastboot.
12. RUN cmd and go to ~\Files\Rest\ then execute: “fastboot.exe devices”, it should return connected device.
13. Now we can flash TWRP recovery execute: “fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0_m86_patched_st0rm77.img”
14. Now flash bootloader execute: “fastboot flash bootloader bootloader"
What to do with unlocked bootloader and custom recovery I guess you know .
Because my phone was with corrupted partition TWRP couldn't flash images, so I made few more steps, but for most of the cases should be enough previous.
And of course, if you going to flash stock rom, don't forget to delete these 1) bootloader, 2) ldfw, 3) recovery.img files from update.zip, oversize you be forced to start everything from beginning.