FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] Restore hard bricked + lost recovery with locked bootloader Meizu Pro 5

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By egmantas, Junior Member on 4th September 2018, 11:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After long time research I have found a way how to restore hard bricked Meizu Pro 5.
It should work on phones:
1. With lost recovery and locked bootloader (fastboot) My case.
2. With lost bootloader
3. With lost recovery and bootloader

First case was tested by me with international version phone, but as restore procedure is very low level it should work and for other two cases and probably Chinese phones.

Unbrick procedure was done using 32bits. Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service pack 1) with installed all updates. 32 bit OS was used because I found only 32 bits. Drivers, not for the phone, but for Samsung Exynos7420. As you know this phone is based on 7420 chip.
Windows 10 won’t work.

The puzzle was solved after rethinking of information from these forum posts:
1. https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...vices-t3573865
2. https://forum.xda-developers.com/mei...pro-5-t3566173
thanks these guys for showing me path.

The trick is to put phone in Exynos7420 mode and flash unlocked bootloader. Unlocked boot loader I took from link provided in this tread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mei...pro-5-t3303127
First step.
Then I extracted unlocked bootloader as u-boot.bin.signed and the other three files:
1. fwbl1
2. el3.bin.signed
3. bl2.bin.signed
I took from multiUpgrade 4.8.5.rar archive, you could find them in it if you dig enough into subfolders. Extract from unlocked bootloader file I din’t succeed .

Steps:
1. Prepare 32 bit windows machine. (it could be even a virtual machine, I have done it using parallels desktop, but it is possible and with other virtualisation software, like vmware or of course bare metal)
2. Extract provided archive into somewhere It contains all necessary drivers, tools and files.
3. Install Drivers ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\Disk1\Setup.exe
4. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 ~\Files\vcredist_x86.exe
5. Copy ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\WinDNWApi.dll and ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\WinDNWApi.lib in in: c:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers\
6. Rename c:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers\WinDNWApi.dat, just add something at the end, I renamed into to WinDNWApi.dat_
7. Run ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\Multidownloader.ex e and select file ~\Files\Bootloader\MeizuPro5.cfg
8. Boot into Exynos7420 mode Press and hold Vol + and Vol - and press one time power button, keep pressing both Vol buttons. Do not release them.
9. OS should detect device and install drivers, then in the Multidownloader.exe application window you should see connected device.
10. Select device and press start, wait until phone reboots into fastboot mode with unlocked bootloader. Now you can release both Vol buttons. Congratulations, now you have device in fastboot mode with unlocked bootloader.
11. Install Samsung drivers from ~\Files\Samsung Drivers\ using windows device manage and have disk method selecting right drivers file in ~\Files\Samsung drivers\android_winusb.inf. Now you have device in fastboot mode and accessible from fastboot.
12. RUN cmd and go to ~\Files\Rest\ then execute: “fastboot.exe devices”, it should return connected device.
13. Now we can flash TWRP recovery execute: “fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0_m86_patched_st0rm77.img”
14. Now flash bootloader execute: “fastboot flash bootloader bootloader"

What to do with unlocked bootloader and custom recovery I guess you know .

Because my phone was with corrupted partition TWRP couldn't flash images, so I made few more steps, but for most of the cases should be enough previous.

And of course, if you going to flash stock rom, don't forget to delete these 1) bootloader, 2) ldfw, 3) recovery.img files from update.zip, oversize you be forced to start everything from beginning.

Resources: https://megaupload.nz/Ae6fTegfb7/Files_7z
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to egmantas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift egmantas Ad-Free

5th September 2018, 11:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
thank you very much you are my hero or the one of all, you could do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5th September 2018, 05:10 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
To solve this puzzle took me few month. Does it helped?
6th September 2018, 01:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egmantas

To solve this puzzle took me few month. Does it helped?

you helped me a lot

you must edit the last line: "fastboot flash recovery bootloader bootloader" to "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader"
6th September 2018, 06:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Guys,
How to get into Exynos mode? I know it is Vol+ and Vol- and one timer Power, but what is the starting point? Should the device be in fastboot mode, switched off or what? And how will I know that I am already in Exynos mode?

In theory I had some founded device on Multidownloader, but device did not reboot after installing bootloader. Of course bootloader is still locked.
6th September 2018, 08:27 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelec415

Guys,
How to get into Exynos mode? I know it is Vol+ and Vol- and one timer Power, but what is the starting point? Should the device be in fastboot mode, switched off or what? And how will I know that I am already in Exynos mode?

In theory I had some founded device on Multidownloader, but device did not reboot after installing bootloader. Of course bootloader is still locked.

To get to Exynos mode you could from every step, it is no necessary to be in fastboot or switched off, but from fastboot probably its more noticeable.
Steps:
To be sure you are in Exynos mode do these steps.
1. Run windows device manager
2. Vol+ and Vol- and one timer Power (I am holding power until I see new device in windows device manager, then continuing to hold only Vol+ and Vol-)
3. If drivers installed correctly in windows device manager com/LPT section you should see Exynos device, check its com port number.
4. Run Multidownloader and if its com port is the same as exynos device in windows device manager you will know what it is the same device.
5. Don't forget step 6 from tutorial, because WinDNWApi.dat contains map, which is not good, so simply rename file.

Everything I have done on fresh installed windows 7 32 bit. machine hosted in parallels desktop. But you could do it with bare metal.
6th September 2018, 10:34 AM |#7  

More
I made everything just as you wrote. Still nothing...

Would you help me in PM?
11th September 2018, 01:29 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
@egmantas WOW, I was with the same situation,locked bootloader and no recovery .I do as you written and it work perfectly .
The only thing I do different is to install windows 7 32 bit on virtual machine using vmware software and it work as you said .I do it because I have windows 10 and I can not install windows 7 on this computer .
Thank you so much .
11th September 2018, 10:11 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by or965

@egmantas WOW, I was with the same situation,locked bootloader and no recovery .I do as you written and it work perfectly .
The only thing I do different is to install windows 7 32 bit on virtual machine using vmware software and it work as you said .I do it because I have windows 10 and I can not install windows 7 on this computer .
Thank you so much .

I have done the same, but with parallels desktop
29th September 2018, 09:38 AM |#10  

More
It works man! You are the best!
11th January 2019, 12:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4,287

More
Thank you very much.

With your CFG file as template, I was able to recover my Samsung SM-R760:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=700