FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

***5.0 Brick Solution*** Asus Memo Pad 7 ME176CX

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By applerulez1, Member on 14th June 2015, 11:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For the people out there who for some reason had there devices bricked when updating to lollipop. Whenever I was going to flash the WW_5.0_ME176C/X update I would get this error. "This package is for "K013" devices; this is a "K013_1"." I was bricked for a week because of a random device "name change?" Well here are the steps I took to make a flashable lollipop that wouldnt brick me. What you are doing here is telling the script that does the update that it does not need to verify your tablet model since it is wrong anyways.

Step 1: Download 7-zip. Download Notepad++. Download the TEMP CWM. Install the first two and hold onto the TEMP CWM for later. (Links Below)

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.9.html
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=352

Step 2: Download the latest update from asus on your device's page (UL-K013-WW-12.10.1.17_KK.zip in my case). Extract the download into a new folder. If there is another .zip inside the new folder just make another folder and extract it once more.

Step 3: In the folder you extracted the .zip to, navigate to \META-INF\com\google\android. Open updater-script in Notepad++. Delete lines 1 and 2 and Save.

Step 4: Go back to the extracted folder and select all of the files in the folder. Right click and choose "Add to archive..." Make sure the "Archive format:" is "zip" and the "Compression level" is set to "Normal". Name it update.zip

Step 5: Put update.zip in the root of your micro sd card. Insert your micro sd into your tablet.

Step 6: "Open IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR" and the folder inside that. Open "launcher.bat".

Step 7: Power off the tablet. Hold the Volume-Down key in, while holding the Volume-Down press and hold the Power button until the screen says Asus, release the Power button at this point. You should be in recovery. Plug your tablet into your pc.

Step 8: In the cmd window that popped up from the "launcher.bat" type "ACCEPT" and when the next prompt appears type "T4".

Step 9: Wait until the cwm recovery fully loads and go to "Install a zip..." then go to "choose zip from external sdcard". When installing it may look like it froze, LEAVE IT BE! It is actually installing.

Step 10: You may get an error about /system not wanting to mount, ignore this and reboot your device, let it go and it will boot into lollipop. (Give your tablet 15mins to boot)

After a week of hurting my tablet and my tablet hurting my feelings I figured out this workaround, let me know if it worked for you! Enjoy 5.0!!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to applerulez1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift applerulez1 Ad-Free
14th June 2015, 11:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi i dont have external micro sd only the internal can i do this or not?

thanks in advance
14th June 2015, 11:50 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by applerulez1

For the people out there who for some reason had there devices bricked when updating to lollipop. Whenever I was going to flash the WW_5.0_ME176C/X update I would get this error. "This package is for "K013" devices; this is a "K013_1"." I was bricked for a week because of a random device "name change?" Well here are the steps I took to make a flashable lollipop that wouldnt brick me. What you are doing here is telling the script that does the update that it does not need to verify your tablet model since it is wrong anyways.

Step 1: Download 7-zip. Download Notepad++. Download the TEMP CWM. Install the first two and hold onto the TEMP CWM for later. (Links Below)

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.9.html
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=352

Step 2: Download the latest update from asus on your device's page (UL-K013-WW-12.10.1.17_KK.zip in my case). Extract the download into a new folder. If there is another .zip inside the new folder just make another folder and extract it once more.

Step 3: In the folder you extracted the .zip to, navigate to \META-INF\com\google\android. Open updater-script in Notepad++. Delete lines 1 and 2 and Save.

Step 4: Go back to the extracted folder and select all of the files in the folder. Right click and choose "Add to archive..." Make sure the "Archive format:" is "zip" and the "Compression level" is set to "Store". Name it update.zip

Step 5: Put update.zip in the root of your micro sd card. Insert your micro sd into your tablet.

Step 6: "Open IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR" and the folder inside that. Open "launcher.bat".

Step 7: Power off the tablet. Hold the Volume-Down key in, while holding the Volume-Down press and hold the Power button until the screen says Asus, release the Power button at this point. You should be in recovery. Plug your tablet into your pc.

Step 8: In the cmd window that popped up from the "launcher.bat" type "ACCEPT" and when the next prompt appears type "T4".

Step 9: Wait until the cwm recovery fully loads and go to "Install a zip..." then go to "choose zip from external sdcard". When installing it may look like it froze, LEAVE IT BE! It is actually installing.

Step 10: You may get an error about /system not wanting to mount, ignore this and reboot your device, let it go and it will boot into lollipop. (Give your tablet 15mins to boot)

After a week of hurting my tablet and my tablet hurting my feelings I figured out this workaround, let me know if it worked for you! Enjoy 5.0!!!

I've done it and obtein an 1.4GB archive,is it normal?
14th June 2015, 11:51 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Adamstown

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeke.fr

I've done it and obtein an 1.4GB archive,is it normal?

No, I was having a 791mb archive...
14th June 2015, 11:52 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Adamstown

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKENEWWPHONE

Hi i dont have external micro sd only the internal can i do this or not?

thanks in advance

You could try, the worst that could happen is that you wont be able to flash it.
14th June 2015, 02:44 PM |#6  

More
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MY TABLET WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 THANKS MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN RESPECTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
The Following User Says Thank You to MIKENEWWPHONE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MIKENEWWPHONE Ad-Free
14th June 2015, 07:23 PM |#7  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKENEWWPHONE

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MY TABLET WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 THANKS MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN RESPECTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

good job!
14th June 2015, 09:26 PM |#8  

More
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by applerulez1

No, I was having a 791mb archive...

Ok new attempt: 791MB but with compression set on normal, not on store (i'm french so my 7-zip is in french).
The Following User Says Thank You to Maeke.fr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maeke.fr Ad-Free
16th June 2015, 04:31 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
tried this and verified it works. was waiting for someone to find out what the "K013_1" error in the firmware was.
The Following User Says Thank You to phendark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phendark Ad-Free
16th June 2015, 04:44 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Adamstown

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phendark

tried this and verified it works. was waiting for someone to find out what the "K013_1" error in the firmware was.

I don't think It really was in error, I feel like asus renamed it to prevent downgrades in the 5.0 update, I could be wrong but it makes sense.
20th June 2015, 10:59 AM |#11  

More
Hi.
my device 176cx. lollipop 5.0. Only run at black screen (fastboot and adb)

1. update.zip delete first 2 line. ok.
2. update.zip goto microsd card. ok.
3. open fastbboot menu.
4. start launcher.bat.

error:

FASTBOOT TETHERED RECOVERY LAUNCHER 05-16-2015-PTR

================================================== =====================

DEVICE STATUS: FASTBOOT-ONLINE

DEVICE INFORMATION: Baytrail024D1F20 fastboot

================================================== =====================

copy needed files to our device
sending '/tmp/recovery.zip' (3477 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.131s
sending '/tmp/recovery.launcher' (400 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (No such device or address))
finished. total time: 0.022s
we need to stop logcat before replacing it
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.010s
sending '/system/bin/logcat' (178 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (No such device or address))
finished. total time: 0.017s

issue fastboot oem "stop_partitioning" command to start cwm recovery:
The Following User Says Thank You to hurolural2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hurolural2 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, fix, lollipop 5.0

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)