/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
This port of TWRP is built alongside the LineageOS ROM using the same kernel. It's the recommended recovery if you want to use the LineageOS ROM (or another ROM based on it).
- TWRP 3.3.1 (built in LineageOS 16.0 tree)
- USB OTG
- Full disk encryption
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC. There are guides available online for this, for example on the LineageOS wiki.
- Make sure you are running Android Lollipop (5.0).
- You need an unlocked bootloader. TWRP 3.3.1 requires me176c-bootstrap 0.3.0, included in me176c-boot 0.3.0. (The old "Intel" bootloader is no longer supported.)
- Boot into Fastboot mode: Press Volume Down + Power to turn the tablet on and select Fastboot mode in the menu.
- Flash the downloaded TWRP recovery image using Fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-3.3.1-20190609-UNOFFICIAL-me176c.img
Before you start flashing ROMs I recommend making a backup of your system, especially of the Factory and Vendor Data partition. These tend to get corrupted for unknown reasons, so it's good to have a backup.
- Recovery image: twrp-recovery-3.3.1-20190609-UNOFFICIAL-me176c.img
Unofficial TWRP for ASUS MeMO Pad 7 (ME176C(X)), Tool/Utility for the Asus MeMO Pad 7
Source Code: https://github.com/me176c-dev
Last Updated 2019-06-10