#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Features (Device Specific)
- LCD Color/Gamma Settings
- LCD Adaptive Backlight
- LCD Color Enhancement
- LCD QCOM PostProcessing(PP) support
- Disable Touch keys and enable NavigationBar
- Set Vibrator Intensity
- 1+1 QuickBoot
Differences to CM11
- Removed TrueDualBoot(TDB) support. And pls don't try to bring it back by using TDB enabled versions of CWM or TWRP. It's dead and will be replaced by GRUB4Android in March.
CM12 still supports Dualsystem the way Xiaomi designed it. That means that it can be installed to both System partitions but the userdata partition will be shared.
- SDCARD filesystem detection You now can format your internal sdcard to whatever filesystem is supported by VOLD and the CM kernel. The only alternative that would make sense is F2FS though.
- Improved Power consumption Use Xiaomi's MPDecision, thermald and libqc-opt together with QCOM's power HAL.
- Added QCOM time services
- Added Oppo QuickBoot
- Use Xiaomi blobs I replaced some Nexus4 blobs with the originals from Xiaomi'S MIUIv5 ROM to prevent some unpredictable bugs
- Encryption support another reason why TDB is dead now
- Bluetooth connection and Audio issues
There are two (annoying) problems with GoogleApps:
1) CM12 is huge and doesn't leave much space for GAPPS on MI2
2) recovery ignores errors in update.zip's which means even though it tells you the installation was successful it failed.
this means you have two options:
1) resize your system partition(recommended) this miflash package resizes your system partition without taking space from your data partition by removing the system2 partitions:
2) install very small gapps packages and check /tmp/recovery.log and the remaining space after the installation to make sure it was successful.
- Download the zip(s).
- Optional: adb backup
- Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
- Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
- Flash CyanogenMod.
- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Report them on github:
IMPORTANT: if you use xposed - pls disable it and try again because it can cause problems in some cases.
Also the issue must contain important information like your phone model(mi2(s)(c)), and the exact build version of the ROM.
20150730: [changed] total rewrite [changed] new kernel: CAF(LA.AF.1.1_rb1.18) + 3.4.108(upstream) + android-3.4(kernel/common) [changed] support for merged partitions [bug] some features like hw tunables are still missing 20140228: [fixed] fix audio HAL by comparing values with MIUIv5 [changed] fix ACDBLoader [changed] update WIFI config [changed] update system.prop from CAF (should improve battery life a little bit) [changed] rename CM perf profile properties for Xiaomi's thermald [changed] use CM's default wallpaper [changed] update kernel from mako
20140218: [changed] set SELinux to Enforcing mode [changed] disable flashing FMRadio FW [fixed] Haptic Feedback for touch keys [changed] disable ACDBLoader as an attempt to fix random call bugs [fixed] attempt to fix Atmel touchscreen driver crash
20140217: [new] F2FS support [fixed] Installation on resized system partitions [changed] switch to CAF HAL's and add FMRadio support [changed] Update WLAN driver to LA.AF.1.1_rb1.12
20140216. [new] Initial Release
* CyanogenMod * Nexus 4 Maintainers * QCOM for generic Sources
CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 2
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Last Updated 2015-07-30