Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Working on the 220.127.116.11 edition
- You can't migrate from ext4 to f2fs from the recovery UI ( although there is a script on my folder doing so)
- You can't access the sys1 partition
- Formatting either if partition are f2fs or ext4(even if you want explicitly migrate from f2fs to ext4 and vice versa the recovery succeed at formating a f2fs partiion)
- Supports TDB.
- and all the other stuff of twrp 18.104.22.168
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
- XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
- Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
- Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
- Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times.
- Boot into the bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery PATHTOYOURIMG.img ( linux users will have to use sudo)
By default the recovery is in Japanese, however, you can change the default language.
However you can change the language by following those steps
TWRP 22.214.171.124 for Xiaomi mi2s, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi 2
Khaon, TeamWin(for twrp), sndnvaps for his port
Stable Release Date: 2014-12-16
Current Beta Version: first release
Beta Release Date: 2014-10-29
Last Updated 2014-12-15