Only twrp >= 3.2.1 works with ROM >= 20180101
How to ROOT:
Flash the lastest Magisk.
1. Hidden network cannot connect.
2. APN needs setting manually to use CDMA data network. (?, not sure, need more tests).
3. Not support 1080P camera record due to outdated kernel driver.
4. Selinux status is permissive.
* md5sum: da677903b4c5092d57e91f0dc2210a90 aosp-caf-8.1.0-20180616-aries-arch.zip
* bring back Privacy Guard and synchronize to latest LineageOS version.
* fixed sometime the device is too hot while too many background apps and optimize screen-on battery usage.
full battery usage estimated:
>5 hours online surfing with wifi opened(moderate usage, no gaming).
2 days standby (45-50 hours).
3-4 hours(?) using cellular data.
- b7121d3f95e91350722da01c8dfdea22 aosp-caf-8.1.0-20180506-aries-arch.zip
- 6988262c9f99c00371a1bc238ffbdf26 aosp-caf-8.1.0-20180506-aries-arch-gapps.zip
* fix gps and compass broken in last build.
* revert media profile changes so screen record now works normally.
* bring back Xiaomi usb otg driver. (Not tested, tell me if it not work)
* enable doze correctly.
* reduce battery usage when WIFI turned off.
* thermal and some kernel tweaks.
* md5sum: e8fc7f3793d820f279580726f2c34e93 aosp-caf-8.1.0-20180420-aries-arch.zip
* this version is NOT compatible with previous ROM, SO CLEAN DATA/CACHE OPERATION IS REQUIRED
* switch to CAF source(tag: LA.UM.6.6.r1-07200-89xx.0) instead of Google generic repository. This build contains Qualcomm specific enhancements plus some comunity optimizations, so it gives some improved performanence to this old device (especially pictures slipping and system animation). Thanks to AOSPA
* fix WiFi hotspot, tethering should work fine now.
* fix audio call volume cannot adjust.
* add firewall(app wifi/data restriction) support to oreo(App info -> Data Usage -> Disable all cellular data access/Disable all Wi-FI data access). Port from Lineage/CM, thanks again for their great works.
* add multiple pointers patch.
* add fake signature patch, for some MicroG users.
* update media profiles, remove 1080p option from camera records.
* now the build type is "user", which will disable adb debugging by default, "adb root" also disabled.
* repatch telephony framework for CDMA users(NOT TESTED).
* it's the final update if no serious issues(this update is to resolve the call volume issue).
* This version is expected to be the final version and wouldn't update anymore if no critical issues. I hope you can enjoy this one without obstacles. Source will be updated to github in a few days.
* update to 8.1.0_r17
* update audio configuration files so audio should work flawlessly now.
* update power hal and tweak cpu scheduler, try to make a better battery life.
* remove Privacy Guard (seem have unnormal power usage when data connection opened), revert Apps data path tweak, remove addtion Internet/Sensor permissions(it makes Google Setup Wizard FC).
* fix device hangs while trying power on machine in offline charging mode.
(NOTE: new kernel might have problems with some device, please attach your logcat, dmesg and top command result(adb shell -> top -> take a screenshot), plus you device model)
(NOTE 2: If you have installed gapps and don't want to clean data, flash gapps after flash the new ROM, before your first boot, or some app will get a FC, unless reinstall the app)
* Revert to old audio hal so that calling audio works with old configs
* Fix some storage access permission issues. Move all Apps data to /sdcard/AppData, so external storage path that apps got will be /sdcard/AppData/<package name>/
* fix system crash when openning gps with IPv6 network
* fix the audioserver crash when using a headphone
* fix app crash when not granted WRITE_STORAGE permission
* update to 8.1.0_r7
* switch to new kernel base. After almost one month dialy use test, I decide to abandon the old kernel tree and enable new kernel source tree, so Xiaomi aries now share the same kenel base code with sony huashan(https://github.com/AdrianDC/android_..._sony_msm8960t
). Adrian DC have been working on AOSP/LineageOS of Sony msm8960 platform for a long time, he also is a recognized and trusted developer of LineageOS. With new kernel, I believe it will be more quickly to bring a features-ready and more stable aries ROM to you. Thanks @AdrianDC
for his great work.
* switch to new audio/display/media HAL, report if you have any trouble to aduio, video play and records.
* new kernel support new auto sleep and wakeup (instead of earlysuspend), and many other changes to improve deep-sleep in oreo, so it will be a better battery life when phone is idle.
* adopt some code from Lineage to support CDMA data connection. if you want to report RIL releated issues, please attach both full logcat(adb logcat) and radio logcat(adb logcat -b radio)
* fix power menu not shows correctly
* fix some app cannot open again after force stop
* make lockscreen swipe more easier to unlock
* magisk now can boot properly
* fix UI performance. (NEED MORE TESTS)
* port Privacy Guard to aosp-8.1, thanks to team Lineage/CM/SlimROMs (Settings > App & notifications > Privacy Guard)
* superuser now is optional
* isolate app data/files on /sdcard (app now saved data to /sdcard/<package name>/ install of /sdcard/, It make external storage root more neat and more secure in some cases)
* fix alarm not work
* disable permission review, or permissions will reset after every updates
* disable liveshot in case of crashing when touched in video record mode
* secondary try to fix CDMA data connection. (Need feedbacks, plus model)
* fix setting lockscreen pin/pattern nonresponse
* update battery data, try to fix battery value reset. (NEED TEST and FEEDBACK)
* update twrp to 3.2.1
2017-12-09: (Download from here #65
* Update to 8.1.0_r1
* Enhance security and privacy settings (many thanks to thestinger and CopperheadOS
** I have added Internet permission and enable permission review for app with targetSdkVersion < 23, If you are not a clean installation, some app might get a FC. Reinstall app and give the permissions(PHONE OR INTERNET) can solve problem.
* Fix Mi2s 32gb with 13MP camera. (NEED TEST)
* Revert kernel gpu driver. Try to solve UI unsmoothly sometime. (NEED FEEDBACK)
* Add CDMA dummy APN patches. Try to solve data connection with CDMA network. (NEED TEST)
* Use old power and charger driver. It works better.
* initial 7.1.2 and 8.0
Download: OUTDATED! FIND UPDATES FROM CHANGELOG
twrp recovery 3.1.1: https://mega.nz/#!RewDnB5Z!1JaIxJ2-w...pLg6lKL5Z2lsKg
aosp 8.0.0: https://mega.nz/#!FHpTRCQL!j_Z-XirV1...0Mep8lsKSiB10g
aosp 7.1.2: https://mega.nz/#!hTIgGT5a!gfap1JU95...RzklLENMwS2jgs