Mi4 camera : exposure time mode Mi 4LTE

Search This thread

PhamTheThao

Feb 16, 2013
Hi all!
I'm using Mi4 LTE.
Exposure time mode not work with 32s on MIUI EU ROM...
Someone say: hardward problem with new Mi4 version? :confused:
Please help! :angel:
2016bf45bf9a-e38b-4d8d-b479-49985ff2e221.png

Accidd

Aug 16, 2009
Wroclaw
32 s exposure time for cancro was not an original xiaomi functionality.
This was just an unlocked feature in xiaomi.eu roms meant for higher-end devices (e.g Snapdragon 810/808). If its not working now then probably time to remove it from camera app.

jordanjoe1995

Jan 18, 2016
no, there're 2 version of Mi4
One use Sony camera hardware , which can use 32s exposure
One use Samsung camera hardware, doesn't have this feature

Reactions: kienxoan

GVN.Gallus

Mar 12, 2013
Hi, since Xiaomi use two difference image sensor, please check whether your phone is using Sony or Samsung's sensor by following these step:

1. Make sure your phone is rooted.
2. Download Terminal Emulator.
3. Open Terminal Emulator and type "su" (without quote), hit enter, grant root access for it.
4. Using these code to check:
"dmesg | grep -i IMX" and hit enter. If the code run normaly without "read ID failed" in any row, then your phone is using Sony's sensor and you can use 32s shutter speed.

13153240_273038226366529_611769626_n.jpg

"dmesg | grep -i S5k3M2" and hit enter. If the code run normaly without "read ID failed" in any row, then your phone is using Samsung's sensor and you CANNOT use 32s shutter speed.

13090527_519398171576911_1412489102_n.jpg

And i find out that MIUI seem like doesnt optimize the Samsung's sensor yet, CM13 did alot better image and video capture quality.

AndroidZhao

May 28, 2016
Beijing
Open 32s is very easy, you just root your device and edit something in build.prop from "cancro" to "virgo", reboot your device and enjoy yourself:)

Sent from my MI 4LTE using XDA Free mobile app

mdki1996

Sep 29, 2014
Hi, since Xiaomi use two difference image sensor, please check whether your phone is using Sony or Samsung's sensor by following these step:

3. Open Terminal Emulator and type "su" (without quote), hit enter, grant root access for it.
"dmesg | grep -i IMX" and hit enter. If the code run normaly without "read ID failed" in any row, then your phone is using Sony's sensor and you can use 32s shutter speed.

View attachment 3751933

"dmesg | grep -i S5k3M2" and hit enter. If the code run normaly without "read ID failed" in any row, then your phone is using Samsung's sensor and you CANNOT use 32s shutter speed.

View attachment 3751932

And i find out that MIUI seem like doesnt optimize the Samsung's sensor yet, CM13 did alot better image and video capture quality.
Good to know! I just tried and I have Samsung's sensor. One of the main reason, for me, to stay with Miui was the better camera quality of original firmware! If you say that custom roms are optimizing Samsung's sensor better I will change rom! [emoji16]

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

GVN.Gallus

Mar 12, 2013
Good to know! I just tried and I have Samsung's sensor. One of the main reason, for me, to stay with Miui was the better camera quality of original firmware! If you say that custom roms are optimizing Samsung's sensor better I will change rom! [emoji16]

Try for yourself :), take 2 pictures in same condition with MIUI and CM13, especially in low light condition, CM13 have notice noise but color and sharpness much better than MIUI.

Reactions: mdki1996

kienxoan

Oct 27, 2017
I think 2s exposure time is too enough. Just exposure 1s then you have a good photo in low light condition:victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

13153240_273038226366529_611769626_n.jpg

13090527_519398171576911_1412489102_n.jpg

no, there're 2 version of Mi4
    One use Sony camera hardware , which can use 32s exposure
    One use Samsung camera hardware, doesn't have this feature

Try for yourself :), take 2 pictures in same condition with MIUI and CM13, especially in low light condition, CM13 have notice noise but color and sharpness much better than MIUI.
    Ok and with Sony's sensor Miui is better?

Yes, stick with MIUI if you have Sony sensor