FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Enabling hi-res playback on nougat roms via buildprop

165 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By philipnzw, Senior Member on 2nd September 2017, 03:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Not sure if this information is useful to anyone but here it is.

Basically after nougat update Poweramp music player's 24bit playback mode fails to activate (even with latest 704 alpha installed). So those audiophile among us might be super annoyed .

Solution, add this line to build.prop , this has enabled 16bit 192khz playback on aicp7.1.2

ro.lenovo.hifi_support=true
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170902-224759.jpg
Views:	1950
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	4260463  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipnzw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift philipnzw Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 07:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Text would be better so anyone can copy-paste the settings!
4th September 2017, 11:14 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Small update , it seems that someone on the Poweramp forums has managed to enable 24/192 playback by tricking the phone into thinking it has Samsung software .
Anyone have any idea what he added to the build.prop?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170904-181054.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	4262298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170815-235214s.jpg.93ff81e9a4fe21b9bf0e09732575d463.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	4262299  
5th September 2017, 07:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipnzw

Small update , it seems that someone on the Poweramp forums has managed to enable 24/192 playback by tricking the phone into thinking it has Samsung software .
Anyone have any idea what he added to the build.prop?

If you want the best audio you can get out of your phone, install viper4arise. (and use esira/eleven)

Edit: Viper does not activate 192khz playback, because its useless (for a smartphone with only 1 aux output) read why here.
The Following User Says Thank You to wertus33333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wertus33333 Ad-Free
5th September 2017, 09:15 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wertus33333

If you want the best audio you can get out of your phone, install viper4arise. (and use esira/eleven)

Edit: Viper does not activate 192khz playback, because its useless (for a smartphone with only 1 aux output) read why here.

Hires audio is a complicated subject. I think it works for me because of the placebo effect ? Lmao
However, I'm also just a hobbyist looking to tinker around.
If I can recall correctly , most forms of audio mods on Android increases the noise floor by a significant amount, making everything sound quite messy (but I haven't tested arise yet) .

Just looking to share info around and spread the fun of tinkering
5th September 2017, 09:38 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

Hires audio is a complicated subject. I think it works for me because of the placebo effect ? Lmao
However, I'm also just a hobbyist looking to tinker around.
If I can recall correctly , most forms of audio mods on Android increases the noise floor by a significant amount, making everything sound quite messy (but I haven't tested arise yet) .

Just looking to share info around and spread the fun of tinkering

I had this problem with arise too, but you can reduce the "output gain" to reduce the quality loss while amplifying the signal (just remember to set it back if you need a louder signal, e.g. for small speakers). Like that i was able to completely anulate the small glitches and rushing/shizzling (or at least i dont hear it anymore xD).

I've tried dozens of sound mods (even changed roms for it) and the best (and most stable) solution for me is viper.
You however have to try around and install the arise modules one-by-one and then setting everything suitable for your needs (Profiles, add-ons like atmos).
But its worth it, even my 24bit 192Khz computer sound sounds bad now!
12th September 2017, 12:10 PM |#8  

More
And? How do you like Arise? ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to wertus33333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wertus33333 Ad-Free
12th September 2017, 12:58 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

And? How do you like Arise? ^^

Seems pretty fine to me but I didn't play with it much since non of my earphones seem to respond well with it
12th September 2017, 03:33 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Seems pretty fine to me but I didn't play with it much since non of my earphones seem to respond well with it

What Earphones do you have?

For my somic/Xiaomi In-ear's it works perfectly (Arise core+atmos +Sono's headphone profile) i only use Atmos for more bass (e.g. drum n bass/goa).

But Mi4c/s is a bitch concerning audio (i think to remember flashing rom for rom to get good audio, but thats some time ago) xD
14th September 2017, 01:10 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

What Earphones do you have?

For my somic/Xiaomi In-ear's it works perfectly (Arise core+atmos +Sono's headphone profile) i only use Atmos for more bass (e.g. drum n bass/goa).

But Mi4c/s is a bitch concerning audio (i think to remember flashing rom for rom to get good audio, but thats some time ago) xD

Kz zse , zst
And a piston hybrid
Yeah smartphone audio might just be average unless if its a LG V series .
Either way I'm planning on saving up for a dac or perhaps DAP in the future haha.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)