FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Unlocking the Mi4c Bootloader without verification by Xiaomi

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

By wolkenjaeger, Member on 14th March 2016, 11:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This evening I had the same problem like many of you and I just did not want to wait 2-3 weeks for the unlock code from Xiaomi. I went through a lot of threads and different forums to create this guide.

Requirements
- ADB up and running (I am an Android developer, so I have this installed already - unsure if you need specific ADB drivers for Xiaomi devices though)
- Xiaomi MI4c
- MiFlash: http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone20151028.exe (via http://en.miui.com/a-234.html) - Install
- Mi4c Image: libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac7 0a0.tgz - unpack until "images" directory is visible!
- [Optional] Mi4c Fastboot Image: miui_MI4c_6.1.21_d1d054460d_5.1.zip
- [Optional] Latest TWRP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4...p-3-0-t3315059
- [Optional] Latest build of CM 12.1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4...evice-t3291631

Step-by-step

Step 1 is optional: I was not sure, if I could use the "fastboot oem edl" command in a higher version of MIUI... feedback required. Thus following is a list of known Xiaomi ROMs which support this procedure:
If you are using one of the following ROM versions, you should be able to unlock the device easily with the provided guide. However, I have messages that the versions don't work with higher MIUI ROM versions.

CONFIRMED WORKING
V8.6.9.15 MIUI Dev ROM
V8.0.16.0 MIUI Dev ROM
V7.5.4.0
V7.5.3.0.LXKCNDE
V7.1.4.0.LXKCNCK
V6.1.21 (Download link above)
V6.3.24
V6.3.17
V6.4.21
V6.4.14
V6.5.26
V6.8.25
V6.9.15 (China Dev)

Not confirmed (?)
None

Not working
None
  1. (Optional) Downgrade your Mi4c by flashing any image from the list above via the "Updater" app (use top right icon to select image).
  2. Reboot into fastboot mode (Power + Vol Down) until you see the MIUI rabbit and "FASTBOOT"
  3. Command: fastboot oem edl (this brings your device in a kind of emergency recovery state) -> the device does only show a black screen. Do the next step.
  4. Use MiFlash to flash 6.1.7 image (Browse -> select the "images" directory of the 6.1.7 package and start flashing)
  5. When completed, reboot the phone by holding the Power button long (~8s)
  6. Wait until 6.1.7 is completely loaded (this may take a while)
  7. Reboot into fastboot mode (Power + Vol Down)
  8. Command: fastboot oem unlock -> at this point you should have an unlocked bootloader
  9. Now optionally install TWRP and subsequently CM 12.1 and enjoy (see respective linkes in the requirements for a howto) - TWRP: fastboot flash recovery <twrp>.img

With this post, I want to say thank you to all the developers who take their time to port Cyanogen to exotic Android devices. You are heroes!

In case you want to donate me something: https://paypal.me/wolkenjaeger
The Following 96 Users Say Thank You to wolkenjaeger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wolkenjaeger Ad-Free

15th March 2016, 12:41 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Great post.
Very detailed explanation.
Very usefull.
The Following User Says Thank You to almmpt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift almmpt Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 04:06 AM |#3  
Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 16

More
could i back to miui rom after installed CM rom
The Following User Says Thank You to nhkhanh068 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nhkhanh068 Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 06:39 PM |#4  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkhanh068

could i back to miui rom after installed CM rom

Yes you can, as you see the CM is optional, you can choose any rom of your liking.

Be warned that any of the latest official Miui roms will lock your bootloader right back and if you have TWRP in place, you will bootloop.
Xiaomi.eu or sMiui highly recommended alternatives if you want to go with miui.

Great step by step tutorial, worth a sticky imo since more and more people coming here will be locked in the future.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logic_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Logic_ Ad-Free
16th March 2016, 01:18 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I did unlock the bootloader using the guide and it works.
Step 1 Downgrade your Mi4c by flashing the 6.1.21 image via the "Updater" app (use top right icon to select image) is not necessary .
Also all data will be wiped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasil_d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vasil_d Ad-Free
16th March 2016, 01:24 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasil_d

I did unlock the bootloader using the guide and it works.
Step 1 Downgrade your Mi4c by flashing the 6.1.21 image via the "Updater" app (use top right icon to select image) is not necessary .
Also all data will be wiped.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you "EDL" flash from the latest stable / dev version?
The Following User Says Thank You to wolkenjaeger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wolkenjaeger Ad-Free
16th March 2016, 11:30 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not working for me. I'm Unable to flash 6.1.7 from update from 6.3.10. When I send command: fastboot oem edl phone reboots and then I am unable to glash with MiPhone.
17th March 2016, 03:25 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenjaeger

Thanks for the feedback. Did you "EDL" flash from the latest stable / dev version?

I used china stable V7.1.4.0.LXKCNCK
19th March 2016, 05:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
fastboot oem edl
Hi guys i need some help, when i try to use "fastboot oem edl" then flash it all it gives me black screen and cannot go back to fastboot.

no key combination is working power+vol - is dead power+vol up is also dead..

all i can see is its recognize it via device manager port com "Qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008"

please point me out to somewhere i can see my fastboot mode again

thanks in advance
20th March 2016, 10:22 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ding-dong

Hi guys i need some help, when i try to use "fastboot oem edl" then flash it all it gives me black screen and cannot go back to fastboot.

no key combination is working power+vol - is dead power+vol up is also dead..

all i can see is its recognize it via device manager port com "Qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008"

please point me out to somewhere i can see my fastboot mode again

thanks in advance

Well, when you get the black screen, start MIFlash
20th March 2016, 10:39 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenjaeger

Well, when you get the black screen, start MIFlash

i did that several times but nothing happend it said tobe successfull but i cannot open my mi4c.. can u help me to get back to fastboot?

i dont have anything now...
The Following User Says Thank You to ding-dong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ding-dong Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)