FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UPDATE 01/02/16] WARNING: Locked Bootloader

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By ice-it, Member on 14th January 2016, 08:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,
Just reporting news from last official update of china dev rom 6.1.14 : Xiaomi locked the bootloader for mi 4c and mi note pro in the last dev rom, so if you update you will no longer be able to use fastboot for flashing.
If you have a custom recovery the update process will result in a bootloop.

Link to the official changelog
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208492

From 6.1.14 root procedure have changed, have a look here
http://en.miui.com/thread-185414-1-1.html

UPDATE 01/02/2016
English unlocking method now available
http://en.miui.com/thread-221493-1-1.html
Apply here http://en.miui.com/unlock/

UPDATE 17/01/2016
here you can find fastboot image for china dev 6.1.7
https://mega.nz/#!RMJx2ChD!Jfu44Govt...xGC5yJplAxK0YY (thanks to @dirwo from htcmania Spain)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3j...ew?usp=sharing (thanks to @Ulver)

As reported by @person_x and confirmed by @cowithgun you can revert back the bootloader flashing last stable rom from updater app

FOR DEVICES IN BOOTLOOP check this guide
http://en.miui.com/thread-211309-1-1.html

Xiaomi.eu remove bootloader locking from its rom, so Xiaomi.eu and sMiui 6.1.14 roms are safe!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ice-it For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ice-it Ad-Free

14th January 2016, 10:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
This is going to be a problem for me. Brought my phone from ibuygou and my phone came with a mi account already associated with it and I don't know the password for it :/
14th January 2016, 10:27 AM |#3  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 100

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finners

This is going to be a problem for me. Brought my phone from ibuygou and my phone came with a mi account already associated with it and I don't know the password for it :/

Create a new account, where you will input all your data, including the phone number...

Achive Diamond member on MIUI forum..with that new account, otherwise you will not be able to unlock it.

Just hit that restore to factory deff. button in security and your phone will be wiped. remember to backup everything on computer.

After your phone is factory deff. then on the initial setup, input the new MI account you just created.. and you're good to go.

Application will be made by the unlock tool, once you logged with your UID (the account number on forum) and password. As soon as MI will let you unlock the bootloader, you will receive an SMS, that your account was allowed to unlock it.

Only after that, you will be able to unlock the bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to gxg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gxg Ad-Free
14th January 2016, 10:34 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxg

Create a new account, where you will input all your data, including the phone number...

Achive Diamond member on MIUI forum..with that new account, otherwise you will not be able to unlock it.

Just hit that restore to factory deff. button in security and your phone will be wiped. remember to backup everything on computer.

After your phone is factory deff. then on the initial setup, input the new MI account you just created.. and you're good to go.

Application will be made by the unlock tool, once you logged with your UID (the account number on forum) and password. As soon as MI will let you unlock the bootloader, you will receive an SMS, that your account was allowed to unlock it.

Thanks, anyway to change mi account without a full reset? Have all the apps and that I want set up.

I'm also on an xiaomi.eu ROM ATM should I reset through twrp?
14th January 2016, 10:47 AM |#5  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 100

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finners

Thanks, anyway to change mi account without a full reset? Have all the apps and that I want set up.

I'm also on an xiaomi.eu ROM ATM should I reset through twrp?

yes.. just a simple wipe will do..also cache and davilk cache..

after that, you can apply for new MI acoount. The one you will own, and know everything about it.

I didn't payed too much attention, but how in the world, ibuygou to send you a new device with a prestored MI account?! I don't get it.
14th January 2016, 12:05 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxg

yes.. just a simple wipe will do..also cache and davilk cache..

after that, you can apply for new MI acoount. The one you will own, and know everything about it.

I didn't payed too much attention, but how in the world, ibuygou to send you a new device with a prestored MI account?! I don't get it.

It came with an xiaomi.eu ROM and twrp already installed. Worryingly I've done a full system wipe and clean install of a xiaomi.eu ROM before and it hasn't reset my mi account. Or so I thought, will try again Friday or at the weekend.
14th January 2016, 12:16 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 955

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Isn't locking bootloader against Mi's 'geek' spirit?
Locking bootloader is aimed to provide better user experience, which we've been trying to do the whole time. In the meantime, we've provided a unlocking tool for senior users who know their ways around flashing and tweaking their devices. (Unlocking Tutorial)

The unlocking process is really simple. After unlocking, the device can do all the things as before we locked bootloader.

The unlocking procedure will need Internet access to get the unlocking password. Also, the Mi Account logged in on the Mi phone and the unlocking tool needs to be the same. Otherwise the unlocking request will be denied. This will ensure that ill-intentioned people will not get access to your personal data.

What a poor move by them
14th January 2016, 12:54 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Well, I think a bitch, more coming from a company that its beginnings were a simple modified ROM, if all the phones have blocked today Xiaomi not exist. These behaviors piss me much. At least hopefully option to open it easily, like google with the nexus

Enviado desde mi Mi-4c mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Fausto33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fausto33 Ad-Free
14th January 2016, 02:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxg

excuse , as you become a diamond member?
14th January 2016, 03:09 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Maybe they want to protect new costumers from bloatware installed by resellers, and the only option is locking the bootloader...
BUT
-the unlocking peocedure is only in Chinese at the moment
-you don't receive the unlock code immediately, the wait could be 15 days
-Xiaomi locked already sold phone by an update without writing it on changelog

I own a Mi4c by 2 weeks, fortunately I'm on sMiui, otherwise with this update I would have returned this phone
14th January 2016, 03:13 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins1970

excuse , as you become a diamond member?

You need to be very active on en.miui.com forum...
Maybe if you open a post in that community someone could help you in a better way...
This move by Xiaomi will prevent other s**t from resellers...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)