LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
What's working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
- Video recording
- Hardware Buttons
- SELinux is permissive
Workarounds for battery drain, lag and heat (optional):
- Install Kernel Auditor and go to cpu tab and set cpu governor to interactive for both cluster and go to io sched tab and set io scheduler to bfq.
- Download the latest build and gapps
- You need to be on firmware 22.214.171.124. If you're not, download the firmware from the downloads section.
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and gapps
- Builds : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=214784
- Google Apps : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120760217
- 126.96.36.199 Firmware : https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?...lp-188.8.131.52.zip (thanks to thewisenerd)
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
What is your-- Phone model: Lineage version: Lineaage Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
- Device Tree: https://github.com/shrukul/android_d...xiaomi_ferrari
- Common Tree: https://github.com/shrukul/android_d...msm8916-common
- Vendor Tree: https://github.com/shrukul/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi
- Kernel: https://github.com/shrukul/android_k...xiaomi_ferrari
- Xiaomi: For providing the Kernel Source Code
- Lineage Team
LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 4i
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 184.108.40.206
Based On: LineageOS
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2017-09-12
Last Updated 2017-09-12