FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Mi Toolkit V4 (Root, TWRP + Stock Recovery, IMEI Backup)

402 posts
Thanks Meter: 140

By Kreaz, Senior Member on 2nd August 2015, 09:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Because Manu11 didn't update his thread about the toolkit. I decided to post this to help Mi 4i users that got into trouble with TWRP unable to flash dh.harald's CM12.1

FEATURES
-Root (MIUI only, CM users can enable Root in Developer Options) Working on MIUI7 (thanks to @ss.suryakant95 for testing this out)
-TWRP Recovery
-Stock Recovery (just in case)
-EFS (IMEI) Backup and Restore

DOWNLOAD
(Some users had problems unzipping this ZIP with WinRAR, consider using free alternatives such as 7-zip)
MAIN URL: Click here to download (Please use this download, but if in any case you can't extract, you may use the mirror I provided.)
MIRROR: Click here to download.

HOW-TO
1. Enable Developer Options (Tap MIUI version 7 times in About Phone), and then in Developer Options, enable USB debugging.
2. Have you downloaded the ZIP? No? Download it, now.
3. Extract the downloaded ZIP wherever you like, keep in mind that all files must be kept together.
4. Connect your phone to the PC.
5. Run the Start.bat file.

ATTENTION: Please do a ROOT (I'll assume you're still in MIUI) before you flash TWRP, or you may be brought back into stock recovery. (Thanks to @omerjerk for testing this)

---

UPDATE: This toolkit's TWRP is deprecated (download the newest version here), but if you don't want to hassle with downloading another fastboot driver, you can still download dh.harald's recovery .img file, and copy your downloaded recovery to the extracted toolkit folder, then change dh.harald's recovery filename into twrp.img (UNTESTED)

I'll repack this toolkit with dh.harald's newest TWRP whenever possible.

---

This toolkit is made by magdag, all credits goes to him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toolkit.png
Views:	113738
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	3425852  
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kreaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kreaz Ad-Free

18th August 2015, 03:22 PM |#2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 12

More
i'm getting error on extracting the zip file. can you re-upload plz
19th August 2015, 04:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloknand

don't use winrar...use 7zip to extract
19th August 2015, 01:37 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloknand

I've provided mirror in OP.
19th August 2015, 02:46 PM |#5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikebum

don't use winrar...use 7zip to extract

hey thanks. extracted using 7-zip.
26th August 2015, 11:41 AM |#6  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 51

More
any chance on getting updated twrp recovery or official support of twrp recovery?
26th August 2015, 12:57 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milav

any chance on getting updated twrp recovery or official support of twrp recovery?

I can't speak for magdag, the dev. So, this is literally the version that is usable for flashing TWRP.

I don't expect any official support for TWRP. And I prefer CWM, if there's one.
28th August 2015, 03:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
does any one know to do a nandroid backup with twrp????? mines turning out to be 35mb!
28th August 2015, 07:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krome_3k

does any one know to do a nandroid backup with twrp????? mines turning out to be 35mb!

Backup everything (all partitions) except the first in the list.
You may want to use the compression.
The backup should be somewhere between 3.5GB and 5.5GB depending on the options and the data.

You could install ROM Manager (from Koushik Dutta) from the Play Store.
Choose the TWRP as recovery and Unknown Device as device.
Then you can use this to backup with TWRP and it will choose the right options for you.
31st August 2015, 01:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by elot01

Backup everything (all partitions) except the first in the list.
You may want to use the compression.
The backup should be somewhere between 3.5GB and 5.5GB depending on the options and the data.

You could install ROM Manager (from Koushik Dutta) from the Play Store.
Choose the TWRP as recovery and Unknown Device as device.
Then you can use this to backup with TWRP and it will choose the right options for you.

bro got my device soft bricked.. i think. the phone boots directly to twrp and twrp is unable to flash the official rom zip which i downloaded from the xiaomi website [miui_MI4iGlobal_V6.6.10.0.LXIMICF_80f20c0908_5.0.z ip]. i think the only option i have is to flash a rom via fastboot but the when i download the fastboot rom [http://www.technobuzz.net/flash-miui...astboot-mode/] nothing happens. i get a 503 error. does anybody out there have the fastboot rom for this device???

EDIT : tried flashing again phones working now but still does anyone have the fastboot rom??
31st August 2015, 02:10 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krome_3k

bro got my device soft bricked.. i think. the phone boots directly to twrp and twrp is unable to flash the official rom zip which i downloaded from the xiaomi website [miui_MI4iGlobal_V6.6.10.0.LXIMICF_80f20c0908_5.0.z ip]. i think the only option i have is to flash a rom via fastboot but the when i download the fastboot rom [http://www.technobuzz.net/flash-miui...astboot-mode/] nothing happens. i get a 503 error. does anybody out there have the fastboot rom for this device???

EDIT : tried flashing again phones working now but still does anyone have the fastboot rom??

Just Google it. Seriously. Or go to MIUI Forums and see the options you got there, there should be plenty of MIUI Fastboot ROM since 6.5.6
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)