How to root MI4I and install custom rom with the help of TWRP custom recovery.

Search This thread

SaurabhVarshney

Sep 14, 2016
How to root, how to install custom recovery last but not the least how to install custom ROM and make your Mobile FAST

How to ROOT

Step 1. You need to download MI4I TOOLKIT.

Step 2. Once file is downloaded extract .zip file.

Step 3. Go to your Phone Settings-About phone-Click MIUI version option and tap it for 7 times. After 7 taps, a notification should appear saying " You are now a developer"."Developer mode has been enabled" or "You have enabled Developer Options".

Step 4. Go to Settings-Additional Settings-Developers Options. Turn on USB Debugging.

Step 5. Go to the folder where you had downloaded the Toolkit . Open the folder you will found Start Command Prompt file (CMD FILE), and Right click on Start and Run as Administrator. (Make sure Xiaomi PC suit is not working in background to end the PC suit process , open Task Manager click on the process find Mi PC Suit select the process and click End Process).

Step 6. For rooting your phone:- press 1 and Press Enter and there will be a notification in your phone Allow this notification and your phone will go into Bootloader, have patience it will take 5 minutes.
After your phone is restarted you will find the APP called SUPERSU. Open supersu and update binary, click the Normal button and reboot your phone.

How to install CUSTOM RECOVERY

Step 1. Go to the folder where you downloaded the Toolkit. Open the folder you will found Start Command Prompt file (CMD FILE) and Right click on Start and Run as Administrator.

Step 2. Press 2 and Hit Enter and there will be a notification in your phone, Allow this notification and your will go into Bootloader, it will take 2 minutes. After your phone restarted TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY is successfully installed.

Step 3. To find your phone is having custom recovery, you will have to press Volume UP and Power Button/Lock Button together about 6 or 7 seconds your phone will restarted in TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY MODE.

How to install Custom ROM

BACKUP YOUR PHONE DATA IN SECURE PLACE for backup your data Download BACKUP App

Step 1. First thing first you need to select and download the custom rom. For ROMS click here.

Step 2. You need to download GAPPS (Google Apps i.e Play Store). For MI4I you will select PLATFORM-ARM64, ANDROID-it depends upon on your rom android version, VARIANT-if don't want lots of google apps download PICO either you need to download STOCK.

Step 3. Copy these zip file into your OTG Pen-drive or with the help of OTG cable and insert your pen-drive in your phone.

Step 4. Open your Custom Recovery (press Volume UP and Power/Lock Button together).

Step 5. When Custom Recovery is open click on WIPE-ADVANCED, WIPE-Tick Dalvik Cache, System, Cache and Data. Slide Swipe to Wipe Left to Right.

Step 6. Click On Home Button and now click install then Click UP A LEVEL swipe down you will found USB_OTG and Navigate your Custom Rom and GAPPS.

Step 7. Install Custom Rom, after installation wipe cache and install GAPPS when gapps is installed successfully, you need to wipe cache and format the data when data is formatted click on REBOOT-System.

This Process will take max 15 minutes.
Now you are successfully installed the ROM enjoy . PEACE

Reactions: Nhainz Ahmad
Aug 4, 2016
visakhapatnam
'fastboot' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

what did it mean. and im getting this when i press 1 to root my mi 4i .
i turned on usb debugging successfully .
what shall i do now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to root, how to install custom recovery last but not the least how to install custom ROM and make your Mobile FAST

How to ROOT

Step 1. You need to download MI4I TOOLKIT.

Step 2. Once file is downloaded extract .zip file.

Step 3. Go to your Phone Settings-About phone-Click MIUI version option and tap it for 7 times. After 7 taps, a notification should appear saying " You are now a developer"."Developer mode has been enabled" or "You have enabled Developer Options".

Step 4. Go to Settings-Additional Settings-Developers Options. Turn on USB Debugging.

Step 5. Go to the folder where you had downloaded the Toolkit . Open the folder you will found Start Command Prompt file (CMD FILE), and Right click on Start and Run as Administrator. (Make sure Xiaomi PC suit is not working in background to end the PC suit process , open Task Manager click on the process find Mi PC Suit select the process and click End Process).

Step 6. For rooting your phone:- press 1 and Press Enter and there will be a notification in your phone Allow this notification and your phone will go into Bootloader, have patience it will take 5 minutes.
    After your phone is restarted you will find the APP called SUPERSU. Open supersu and update binary, click the Normal button and reboot your phone.

How to install CUSTOM RECOVERY

Step 1. Go to the folder where you downloaded the Toolkit. Open the folder you will found Start Command Prompt file (CMD FILE) and Right click on Start and Run as Administrator.

Step 2. Press 2 and Hit Enter and there will be a notification in your phone, Allow this notification and your will go into Bootloader, it will take 2 minutes. After your phone restarted TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY is successfully installed.

Step 3. To find your phone is having custom recovery, you will have to press Volume UP and Power Button/Lock Button together about 6 or 7 seconds your phone will restarted in TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY MODE.

How to install Custom ROM

BACKUP YOUR PHONE DATA IN SECURE PLACE for backup your data Download BACKUP App

Step 1. First thing first you need to select and download the custom rom. For ROMS click here.

Step 2. You need to download GAPPS (Google Apps i.e Play Store). For MI4I you will select PLATFORM-ARM64, ANDROID-it depends upon on your rom android version, VARIANT-if don't want lots of google apps download PICO either you need to download STOCK.

Step 3. Copy these zip file into your OTG Pen-drive or with the help of OTG cable and insert your pen-drive in your phone.

Step 4. Open your Custom Recovery (press Volume UP and Power/Lock Button together).

Step 5. When Custom Recovery is open click on WIPE-ADVANCED, WIPE-Tick Dalvik Cache, System, Cache and Data. Slide Swipe to Wipe Left to Right.

Step 6. Click On Home Button and now click install then Click UP A LEVEL swipe down you will found USB_OTG and Navigate your Custom Rom and GAPPS.

Step 7. Install Custom Rom, after installation wipe cache and install GAPPS when gapps is installed successfully, you need to wipe cache and format the data when data is formatted click on REBOOT-System.

This Process will take max 15 minutes.
    Now you are successfully installed the ROM enjoy . PEACE