Mi4i bootloop after flashing a custom ROM

Search This thread

ganesh.kamble

Jan 10, 2015
I have installed Twrp recovery on my Mi4i.
When I flash a new ROM and restart the device, it completes the Android is upgrading process.
But once the finishing boot screen appears, the phone automatically freezes and shuts down.
After restarting the phone I get the Language selector screen of initial setup process,but that also freezes in some seconds.
In short the custom ROM is flashed properly but i could not go with the setup process.
When I flash the official Miui ROM it does not give me any trouble and the phone works perfectly fine.

Reactions: kapil.git

blue74lion

Aug 2, 2014
I have the same issue, where I can find old version ? From the official site doesn't work to download.
Do you have same mirrors for download?
L.E. I found version 6.6.1.0 on other site.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2015
Are you sure that it will work fine?
I am also facing the same issue.

Sent from my Mi 4i using XDA Free mobile app

darrkmag

Nov 1, 2014
I am also facing the same problem, can someone help me in detail. I am new to rooting.

psinghp1

Oct 27, 2014
Delhi
I'm not the only one :highfive:
btw same thing happened on yureka when flashing miui on it. Forgot to mount /persist.
But here on twrp there is no option for /persist and no cwm for mi4i afaik :/

MountTrain

Aug 14, 2016
I am facing the same issue on my galaxy s6, lollipop 5.1.1. Im in bootloop and im new to rooting and stuff. What do I do? Is there anybody that can help me? I was flashing a zip file, just to install the xposed framwork. Now im in bootloop, and need help to get out of it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have installed Twrp recovery on my Mi4i.
    When I flash a new ROM and restart the device, it completes the Android is upgrading process.
    But once the finishing boot screen appears, the phone automatically freezes and shuts down.
    After restarting the phone I get the Language selector screen of initial setup process,but that also freezes in some seconds.
    In short the custom ROM is flashed properly but i could not go with the setup process.
    When I flash the official Miui ROM it does not give me any trouble and the phone works perfectly fine.
    better options to flash Mi4i with custom rom

follow THIS PROCEDURE will safe your bandwith and time to download; download 50 M not 900 M
    follow THIS PROCEDURE will safe your bandwith and time to download; download 50 M not 900 M

Perfect solution great its now working.....
    thank you....