FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] HavocOS 3.0

279 posts
Thanks Meter: 885

By Inkypen, Senior Member on 4th November 2019, 01:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys!
I'm official Havoc maintainer for the Mi Mix (lithium) but I see people crying out for a Mi5 (gemini) version. The two devices are very similar, and use the same common tree so I've built a gemini version for you to use. This version won't be official because I don't actually own this device and bug hunting is going to be difficult for me to do without logs, but the lithium version is pretty stable with most features like WiFi display and hotspot working OK.

ROM: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261616473

Beta gapps: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ope...beta/20191006/
WARNING: Don't install stock edition as this will install an old version of Pixel Launcher that will constantly crash. If you know how to create a gapps-config to disable installation of Pixel Launcher then it works fine, if you don't know how to do this then either google is your friend or install nano edition.

Source:
ROM: https://github.com/Havoc-OS
Device: https://github.com/Inkypen79/android..._xiaomi_gemini
Kernel: https://github.com/Inkypen79/platfor...xiaomi_msm8996
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Inkypen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Inkypen Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 02:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
new Android
4th November 2019, 02:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
We(speaking for mi5 community) already have havoc unofficial. The developer update every time havoc release an update, and there is q already avaible. We are testing 4.4 version too, so I don't see any people crying out for havoc on gemini. Thanks.
4th November 2019, 02:22 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdRider21

We(speaking for mi5 community) already have havoc unofficial. The developer update every time havoc release an update, and there is q already avaible. We are testing 4.4 version too, so I don't see any people crying out for havoc on gemini. Thanks.

Where is the q version?
4th November 2019, 02:29 PM |#5  
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumucor

Where is the q version?

They released it on a telegram group
4th November 2019, 02:41 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdRider21

Maybe you're not on telegram, where someone asks every 5 minutes when gemini version is coming out. I see you have unofficial 2.9 but I don't see 3.0 here. I know of the "Havoc-Gemini" repo and I also know why your maintainer got booted from official. I have no opinion on the subject, it's not my place to comment. I'm also well aware of the 4.4 kernel port, I've been working with xNombre to try and port it to lithium.

The whole point of open source is that it's supposed to drive innovation and collaboration by working together to achieve our goals. I learned a lot about Android by porting the formerly gemini only Syberia to lithium. I didn't want to just take advantage of that knowledge and run off with it, I wanted to give something back to the community that helped me in the beginning.

I seriously doubt that you with your single post on XDA forums speak for the whole Mi5 community, but if any other dev wants to collaborate with me or wants me to take this down then I'm happy to accommodate them.

Have a nice day
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Inkypen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Inkypen Ad-Free
4th November 2019, 03:14 PM |#7  
Flag Ranchi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Please do give update for v3. We all are very thankfull to you. And GOD bless you.
4th November 2019, 04:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you!
4th November 2019, 07:11 PM |#9  

More
Thanks for porting this ROM. Also I read the announcement (for the mi mix) that the device should clean install. Is that also apply on this port ROM?
4th November 2019, 07:53 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzruzz123

Thanks for porting this ROM. Also I read the announcement (for the mi mix) that the device should clean install. Is that also apply on this port ROM?

If coming from Pie, then most definitely clean flash. If you have another devs v3 build a dirty flash might work, but I would still recommend a clean flash as the device trees will be different. Google drive backup does a very good job of backing up all your apps and settings, so if you clean flash and sign in to your Google account the setup wizard will get restore everything
4th November 2019, 10:30 PM |#11  
Flag Tabriz
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Can you make this rom for mi5s (capricorn)?

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAM.D!S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SAM.D!S Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)