FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xiaomi Mi5 Qualcomm Diagnostic Drivers (Xiaomi Diag Drivers)

345 posts
Thanks Meter: 309

By TheUltrametricSpace, Senior Member on 14th March 2016, 08:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Qualcomm WinMobile TRACE 319B v2.0.1000.00000
Xiaomi Mi 5 Diagnostic Drivers
(Diag Drivers)

Introduction
By mistake I set the band_ref to USA and thereby disabled my first sim card slot . I read up on it and knew that it's fixable with the right drivers, so I spent my Sunday searching for the Qualcomm Diagnostic (& more) drivers. This topic lists em. Usually, these drivers are part of the Mi PC Suite, but that thing doesn' t support Android 6 or the Mi5 right now. So it is useless to us right now!

Tested on: Windows 10 64 Bit (in Test Mode)

Download-Link: http://66.38.130.194/driver/driver_vendor.php?id=887246

Or just get it from here: Mi5_Qualcomm_Drivers.rar

Screenshot
Qualcomm Drivers

How to enable the Diag mode
Code:
*#*#717717#*#*
Guides that helped me
Link: Qualcomm NVRAM Settings & 2G/3G/4G LTE Band Config
Link: [TUTORIAL] How to unlock more LTE frequency bands on Mi Note Pro

Questions & Answers
Q:Did I try to unlock bands: A:NO, I did not.
Q:Will it be possible to unlock more bands with these drivers? A: Maybe.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TheUltrametricSpace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheUltrametricSpace Ad-Free

14th March 2016, 11:16 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tromso

Donate to Me
More
Hope these are helpful to you guys.
14th March 2016, 02:18 PM |#3  
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Hey @TheUltrametricSpace,
thanks for sharing with us. I will need to change the band as well (EUR) and hope everything goes right ...
Will let you know in case I need to debug/diagnose something with these drivers. Thanks again!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSoul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodSoul Ad-Free
17th March 2016, 01:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks for presenting these important issue.
17th March 2016, 02:40 PM |#5  

More
I do accidentally press usa band from #*#*4636*#*# and cant have signal rite now.. just want trying with this solutions rite know. Is there step by step for mi5? Or its just the same like the other phone?
17th March 2016, 09:52 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tromso

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekowanz

I do accidentally press usa band from #*#*4636*#*# and cant have signal rite now.. just want trying with this solutions rite know. Is there step by step for mi5? Or its just the same like the other phone?

I did the same! And that's how I started to look for these drivers.

All you need to do is change the ban_pref* values back to the original, for the Sim-Card you changed it.

Set the following values in your phone, for the Sim-Card you disabled em. (By Clicking band mode USA)
Code:
00441	band_pref	0xFFFF		
00946	band_pref_16_31	0xBFFF
02954	band_pref_32_63	131072
Ask if you have questions, it's not too hard if you read the guides, but better save than sorry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheUltrametricSpace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheUltrametricSpace Ad-Free
18th March 2016, 12:00 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Praying for the day someone will unlock band 20, so I can already order the indian version of the mi5..
18th March 2016, 09:50 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltrametricSpace

I did the same! And that's how I started to look for these drivers.

All you need to do is change the ban_pref* values back to the original, for the Sim-Card you changed it.

Set the following values in your phone, for the Sim-Card you disabled em. (By Clicking band mode USA)

Code:
00441	band_pref	0xFFFF		
00946	band_pref_16_31	0xBFFF
02954	band_pref_32_63	131072
Ask if you have questions, it's not too hard if you read the guides, but better save than sorry.

hi.. I can confirm that it fixed my phone. Thx a lot brother....
19th March 2016, 11:26 AM |#9  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Hey guys, is this device going to have development in roms? I mean, xiaomi uses to release kernel source for snapdragon devices right? Do you think it will be the same with mi5?

I am thinking about buying mi5 or some nexus....depending on the software I will decide. Dont like miui
19th March 2016, 01:19 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tromso

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi22

Hey guys, is this device going to have development in roms? I mean, xiaomi uses to release kernel source for snapdragon devices right? Do you think it will be the same with mi5?

I am thinking about buying mi5 or some nexus....depending on the software I will decide. Dont like miui

Why would you buy a phone when you already know that you don't like the OS it runs on? .... So if you don't like MIUI you have to trust in a random person who will spend his free time to develop software for the Xiaomi Mi5. (Or maybe a team, let's say, 5 people).

And now you put those 5 people vs the ~750 Android developers that work for Google.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheUltrametricSpace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheUltrametricSpace Ad-Free
19th March 2016, 01:56 PM |#11  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltrametricSpace

Why would you buy a phone when you already know that you don't like the OS it runs on? .... So if you don't like MIUI you have to trust in a random person who will spend his free time to develop software for the Xiaomi Mi5. (Or maybe a team, let's say, 5 people).

And now you put those 5 people vs the ~750 Android developers that work for Google.

Because of the price difference....Nexus 6P is awesome but I wont pay too much for an smartphone when I can get another similar for much less money

So the only thing that would make me do the effort is software. Because about hardware...I love mi5 as much as 6P. Even I prefer mi5 because of size

And I can see that past Mi devices have had a big development, with CM official and many roms. If them are good enought, would be an option to consider
The Following User Says Thank You to Javi22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Javi22 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
diagnostic drivers, qualcomm drivers, xiaomi diag drivers, xiaomi mi 5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)