Root mi5

21st April 2017 04:42 PM 0 Thanks
casuk Senior Member
Hi I've been trying to root this phone all day and I'm getting to the stage were this phone might fly out my window if i can get this sorted soon so I'm asking for some help with the issues I'm having i managed to unlock the phone i can boot into fast boot but i cant boot into twrp i have read numerous guides but I'm still stuck and Iv never really used command prompt either so I'm lost with that if anyone can talk me through this

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2017 11:40 AM 0 Thanks
white.mamba Member
Are you on miui MM or N?
22nd April 2017 11:47 AM 0 Thanks
casuk Senior Member
I'm on miui global 8.2|stable 8.2.2.0 (naamieb)

22nd April 2017 12:08 PM 2 Thanks
white.mamba Member
I'm assuming you have usb debugging, adb drivers and all set up.
  1. If you've set any password or pattern lock or PIN, remove it
  2. Download this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...1JIY1B5TGpkN2M
  3. Extract to your desktop
  4. Download latest twrp 3.1.0-x . Link is available in another thread in this forum
  5. Place the downloaded image on your phone's internal memory
  6. Power off and enter fastboot mode. Connect to your PC
  7. Open the folder you had extracted earlier. Rename the recovery image to twrp.img
  8. Press shift+right click and open command window
  9. Execute this code
fastboot devices (to make sure if phone is being detected properly.)
fastboot boot twrp.img

Now it will boot into the recovery. The recovery is in chinese by default. In the main screen, select the sixth option which is settings, then select the rightmost tab on the next screen and change the language.
Next install the latest twrp image you had placed on phone memory earlier, select "Recovery" and reboot. You will have installed twrp permanently.
Then flash supersu 2.79 and you're set
22nd April 2017 12:35 PM 0 Thanks
casuk Senior Member
when I extract the files it dosent create a folder just the files I can just make the folder but what do I name it also theres no recovery image file
22nd April 2017 12:59 PM 1 Thanks
white.mamba Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by casuk

when I extract the files it dosent create a folder just the files I can just make the folder but what do I name it also theres no recovery image file

Just create a new folder on desktop and extract to it. The file named ZCX-TWR-3.0.2-X... Is the image file which you need to rename to "twrp"
22nd April 2017 01:05 PM 0 Thanks
casuk Senior Member
thanks mate I done that when I try to drag n drop the twrp-3.0.2-0-gemini file to my phone it it fails saying the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected
22nd April 2017 01:10 PM 0 Thanks
white.mamba Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by casuk

thanks mate I done that when I try to drag n drop the twrp-3.0.2-0-gemini file to my phone it it fails saying the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected

You're having issue with copying files to your phone storage?
Reinstall the Xaiomi drivers
22nd April 2017 01:24 PM 0 Thanks
casuk Senior Member
how do I reinstall the drivers, also when the phone is connected to the pc if I go to the phone it says portable media player and its empty inside.
and when I go to command prompt and type fastboot devices I get a code then fastboot and then I type fastboot boot twrp.img it says could not load twrp.img : no error
22nd April 2017 04:22 PM 0 Thanks
casuk Senior Member
I can't get this working i done all in you guide i have downloaded the drivers but still can't get by the phase i posted above what do i do next

close
Advanced Search
close