Root mi5

Search This thread

casuk

Feb 5, 2015
I downloaded the zip file me.twrp.twrpapp-22 for my device do I transfer that to the device, (I cannot drag and drop to the internal memory of the mi5 it says cannot copy item the device has either stopped or has been disconnected)

kazzien

Oct 13, 2016
I downloaded the zip file me.twrp.twrpapp-22 for my device do I transfer that to the device, (I cannot drag and drop to the internal memory of the mi5 it says cannot copy item the device has either stopped or has been disconnected)
Why do you want to put the zip into internal storage?
And you need to download .img not .zip. Put the twrp.img into the folder with fastboot.exe on your pc and flash.

Reactions: casuk

casuk

Feb 5, 2015
No nothing is working i get to fastboot devices as i have said and nothing else after that, i have downloaded numerous twrp adb fastboot ect still same issue i don't know what to do now why does it work for every one else but i cant do it is there some outher issue

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

kazzien

Oct 13, 2016
No nothing is working i get to fastboot devices as i have said and nothing else after that, i have downloaded numerous twrp adb fastboot ect still same issue i don't know what to do now why does it work for every one else but i cant do it is there some outher issue

Tell me how you do it step by step. So I can figure it out.

casuk

Feb 5, 2015
I download the twrp file if that's is the correct version to my pc then i open the folder with adb and fastboot drag the twrp image into the folder and open an command window inside the folder the i type fastboot devices and i get the serial of my phone then type fastboot boot recovery twrp.img or fastboot image recovery twrp.img and it come up as error,
there is a new development i went into my phone settings as MTP would not install on pc and i turned it to charge only then back to MTP and now i can see the internal storage of my phone if i remove the c cable and reattach i have to switch MTP of and on again from developer options to see the internal files again, i tried the steps i tried before i got the same failure

Last edited:

kazzien

Oct 13, 2016
I download the twrp file if that's is the correct version to my pc then i open the folder with adb and fastboot drag the twrp image into the folder and open an command window inside the folder the i type fastboot devices and i get the serial of my phone then type fastboot boot recovery twrp.img or fastboot image recovery twrp.img and it come up as error,
there is a new development i went into my phone settings as MTP would not install on pc and i turned it to charge only then back to MTP and now i can see the internal storage of my phone if i remove the c cable and reattach i have to switch MTP of and on again from developer options to see the internal files again, i tried the steps i tried before i got the same failure

Boot your phone to fastboot mode and connect to pc.
Put twrp.img into adb fastboot folder, then shift+right click > open command window here. Type
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Disconnect the phone.
Press and hold power+volume_up, if you see mi logo release both keys. After a while, you will see twrp logo.
If it doesn't work, it's out of my knowledge. Good luck.

casuk

Feb 5, 2015
Ok so after a lot of reading and messing around I think the issue is definitely the MTP setting in the phone
When I connect the phone to pc open up the mi5 window it's empty or go to my computer and open mi5 same thing but if i then go the the phone then settings and change MTP to changing only then back to MTP the phone reconnects and contents of internal memory will show if I disconnect the usb from pc and reconnect I have to go through the same steps to see internal memory again all drivers are installed correctly in the pc

white.mamba

Jul 16, 2016
ZCX twrp was the only one that worked for me. I used twrp 3.1.0 to boot recovery but it had some decryption problem and then bootlooped my device. Booting with ZCX twrp and then flashing twrp 3.1.0 worked well. I suggest not to use ZCX twrp as permanent recovery, update to twrp 3.1 because I got errors while flashing some roms because it's an older version :)

casuk

Feb 5, 2015
Can you send me the exact file you used and I can try that

casuk

Feb 5, 2015
Iv not got a clue what is going on I just install or boot into twrp recovery I have read loads of guides, but it just won't do what it is supposed to is there anywhere in the UK I can send this to to get it done

darren_dremax

Apr 27, 2012
Internal Storage 0Mb

Try to install twrp, fastboot flash recovery xxx.img.
And if you want temporarily, fastboot boot recovery xxx.img.
If you are on miui, you must use zcx twrp or else it won't boot.
Good luck.

Hey sorry for drawing this topic up again this time a year later.
I am trying to flash the the ZCX TWRP in but after I am done, I would like to put in the latest 3.2.3.0 TWRP but, my internal storage read 0Mb.

What could be the problem??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm assuming you have usb debugging, adb drivers and all set up.
    1. If you've set any password or pattern lock or PIN, remove it
    2. Download this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8rqkXJNwRqLa1JIY1B5TGpkN2M
    3. Extract to your desktop
    4. Download latest twrp 3.1.0-x . Link is available in another thread in this forum
    5. Place the downloaded image on your phone's internal memory
    6. Power off and enter fastboot mode. Connect to your PC
    7. Open the folder you had extracted earlier. Rename the recovery image to twrp.img
    8. Press shift+right click and open command window
    9. Execute this code
    fastboot devices (to make sure if phone is being detected properly.)
    fastboot boot twrp.img

Now it will boot into the recovery. The recovery is in chinese by default. In the main screen, select the sixth option which is settings, then select the rightmost tab on the next screen and change the language.
    Next install the latest twrp image you had placed on phone memory earlier, select "Recovery" and reboot. You will have installed twrp permanently.
    Then flash supersu 2.79 and you're set :D
    when I extract the files it dosent create a folder just the files I can just make the folder but what do I name it also theres no recovery image file

Just create a new folder on desktop and extract to it. The file named ZCX-TWR-3.0.2-X... Is the image file which you need to rename to "twrp"
    It's okay if it shows portable media player but if it's not showing any files inside it, you have a problem. Go to developer options > enable USB debugging and click Revoke USB authorisations. Device drivers install automatically when the device is connected but you can get them seperately as well, just search for mi 5 drivers and install them. Now connect to PC and see if you can access files on your device. If you can, proceed with the guide I've given
    download mi flash http://api.bbs.miui.com/url/MiFlash
    install mi flash if you are on windows 8 or above, you need to disable driver singnature enforcement - how to? google it.
    during mi flash installation some windows will pop up, just click install this driver anyway. after installation go to c: > xiaomiflash > source > thirdparty > google > android then shift + right click > open command window here. Power off your phone and boot into fastboot then connect to pc. On command window type fastboot devices if xxxxxxx fastboot or something show up on next line, you successfully install fastboot driver.
    I have already done that and got f******9 fastboot
    then I type fastboot boot twrp.img and I get
    cannot load 'twrp.img' = no error
    that's exactly what comes up in command prompt and that's as far as I can get also if I boot into recovery I get 3 options reboot, wipe or im assistant so twrp has not installed,
    iv been at this for 3 days now and im not any further than I was back then
    Try to install twrp, fastboot flash recovery xxx.img.
    And if you want temporarily, fastboot boot recovery xxx.img.
    If you are on miui, you must use zcx twrp or else it won't boot.
    Good luck.