FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xiaomi mi5 efs backup and restore methods

120 posts
Thanks Meter: 92

By jinishpv, Senior Member on 4th August 2016, 03:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
PLEASE BARE FOR MY BAD ENGLISH,I AM NOT GOOD IN POSTING TUTORIALS,IF THERE R ANY MISTAKES PLEASE POST IT

U GUYS CAN BACKUP EFS(IMEI) WITH 2 METHODS ONE REQUIRE ROOT ANOTHER WITHOUT ROOT

STEP 1-BACKUP WITHOUT ROOT

FOR THIS U NEED QPST AND QUALCOMM DIAG DRIVERS THE LINK IS PROVIDES BELOW

INSTALL QPST AND QUALCOMM DIAG DRIVERS

CONNECT THE PHONE WITH THE COMPUTER AND DIAL *#*#717717#*#* ON THE DIAL PAD WHICH ENABLES DIAG MODE ON MI5
ON THE DEVICE MANAGER U WILL SEE "QUALCOMM HS-USB DIAGNOSTICS 90AD(COMXX)"
NOW JUST OPEN QPST CONFIGURATION FROM PROGRAMS, U WILL C UR PHONE CONNECTED ON THE ACTIVE PHONES TAB
THEN CLICK ON START CLIENTS->SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
JUST CLICK ON THE BACKUP TAB AND CLICK START BUTTON, XXXXX.QCN WILL B CREATED ON UR DESKTOP THAT QCN FILE IS UR IMEI BACKUP SAVE THAT FILE SAFELY FOR THE FUTURE

STEP 2-RESTORING WITHOUT ROOT

LIKE ABOVE CONNECT UR PHONE TO THE COMPUTER AND DIAL *#*#717717#*#*, OPEN THE QPST CONFIGURATION THEN CLICK START CLIENTS->SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD , JUST CLICK ON RESTORE TAB AND BROWSE FOR THE QCN BACKUP AND ENABLE ALLOWPHONE/FILE ESN MISMATCH THEN CLICK START TO RESTORE,AFTER RESTORATION IS COMPLETED U NEED TO REBOOT THE PHONE THATS IT
IN SOME CASES RESTORING THROUGH ABOVE METHOD DONT WORK FOR THAT U NEED TO FOLLOW STEPS BELOW(RESTORATION WITH ROOT)

3-BACKUP WITH ROOT

CONNECT THE PHONE WITH USB DEBUGGING ENABLED ,ON THE ADB COMMAND WINDOW TYPE THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/sde28 of=/sdcard/modemst1
dd if=/dev/block/sdf3 of=/sdcard/modemst2
dd if=/dev/block/sdf5 of=/sdcard/fsg

THREE BIN FILES(modemst1.bin,modemst2.bin and fsg.bin) WILL B FOUND ON UR INTERNAL MEMORY SAVE IT SOMEWHERE SAFELY

4-RESTORE WITH ROOT

COPY THE THREE BIN FILES(modemst1.bin,modemst2.bin and fsg.bin) TO UR ROOT OF INTERNAL MEMORY ,CONNECT UR PHONE TO THE COMPUTER WITH USB DEBUGGING ENABLED ,ON ADB COMMAND WINDOW TYPE THESE COMMANDS

adb shell
su
dd if/sdcard/modemst1.bin of=/dev/block/sde28
dd if/sdcard/modemst2.bin of=/dev/block/sdf3
dd if/sdcard/fsg.bin of=/dev/block/sdf5
reboot

THATS IT RESTORE COMPLETED

IF U DONT HAVE A QCN BACKUP OR THE THREE BIN FILES AND UR IMEI IS CORRUPTED OR NULL FOLLOW BELOW STEPS TO RESTORE IMEI
UR DEVICE MUST B ROOTED
FIRST WIPE UR EFS PARTITION THROUGH BELOW ADB COMMANDS

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sde28
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sdf3
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sdf5
reboot

AFTER THE PHONE IS REBOOTED
DOWNLOAD THE SAMPLE-MI5.QCN BACKUP FILE FROM THE DOWNLOAD SECTION
THIS IS THE MODIFIED MI5 QCN BACKUP WHICH CONTAIN THE 1ST AND 2ND DUMMY IMEI, U HAVE TO EDIT THIS QCN WITH ULTRA EDIT HEX EDITOR, LINK FOR THE ULTRA EDIT IS BELOW
IN SAMPLE-MI5.QCN THE FIRST IMEI IS 123456789012345 AND THE SECOND IMEI IS 543210987654321
IN HEX FORMAT THE FIRST IMEI IS 08 1A 32 54 76 98 10 32 54 AND THE SECOND IMEI IS 08 5A 34 12 90 78 56 34 12

INSTALL ULTRA EDIT AND OPEN SAMPLE-MI5.QCN

THEN CONVERT UR 1ST AND 2ND IMEI IN TO HEX FORMAT WITH THE IMEI CONVERTER WHICH IS PROVIDED IN THE DOWNLOAD SECTION, NOTE DOWN THE HEX CONVERTED IMEI'S

SEARCH FOR 08 1A 32 54 76 98 10 32 54 ON THE FIND AND NEXT OPTION ON THE HEX EDIT AND REPLACE IT WITH UR 1ST HEXCONVERTED IMEI,THEN
SEARCH FOR 08 5A 34 12 90 78 56 34 12 ON THE FIND AND NEXT OPTION ON THE HEX EDIT AND REPLACE IT WITH UR 2ND HEXCONVERTED IMEI ,THEN SAVE IT ,EXAMPLE(I AM REPLACING 1ST AND 2ND IMEI'S WITH 08 8A 21 89 22 34 32 54 76 AND 08 4A 77 22 24 33 03 54 76 RESPECTIVELY)
CONNECT UR MI5 IN THE DIAG MODE MENTIONED ABOVE AND RESTORE THE EDITED QCN THROUGH THE STEP 2

ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED STEPS R TESTED WITH MY MI5 32GB/3GB RAM WHICH IS RUNNING MIUI8(6.7.24), BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED,TWRP INSTALLED,ROOTED

FOR PICTURES FOR ABOVE STEPS DOWLOAD THE WORD DOCUMENT

DOWNLOADS

ULTRA EDIT- http://www.4shared.com/rar/1U0grbRQba/ue_english.html?

QUALCOMM DIAG DRIVERS- http://www.4shared.com/rar/bgSkz_Rmc...r_2016_d.html?

QPST- http://www.4shared.com/rar/iZ4C-n_1ce/QPST_27411.html?
Attached Files
File Type: rar adb.rar - [Click for QR Code] (522.5 KB, 1084 views)
File Type: rar IEMI converter.rar - [Click for QR Code] (7.4 KB, 2136 views)
File Type: rar STEPS PICTURES.rar - [Click for QR Code] (6.11 MB, 2482 views)
File Type: rar SAMPLE-MI5.rar - [Click for QR Code] (113.1 KB, 3654 views)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jinishpv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jinishpv Ad-Free

14th September 2016, 12:41 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks for your instructions, but when I finished doing the backup for root devices I can't see any file with those names. I don't know if it doesn't work for me or maybe it's not in the root of the internal storage where I should look for.

Anyway I found three files in dev/block
They are called "13:29 sde28", "23:10 sdf3" and "23:13 sdf5". Can I copy these and restore them by copying them in the same folder?
8th November 2016, 03:21 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i m change imei for mi5s plus in with QPST and i m have backup QCN
but now only working 2G
not working 3G and LTE ..
please how is solved this problem
i m wrote my backup qcn
but same
not working
i m need good qcn for mi5s plus ..please
10th November 2016, 08:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
i lost my IMEI and BASEBAND .
didnt have QCN or bin files
used ur guide and it saved me!
only one problem i have mi5 64GB it comes with only 1 IMEI (on the box) so my second IMEI is your defult (12345.....).
is there any solution? different files maybe? or different way? miflash could help(kdz files saved me a few times with my lg g2)?
[i have full backup that wont restore currently include EFS if it will help]
If someone can upload mi5 64/128gb (with 1 imei on the box )QCN files. dummy IMEI for me to change to my IMEI please?!
still the phone works good with only one valid IMEI
The Following User Says Thank You to SN22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SN22 Ad-Free
15th November 2016, 09:44 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
thanks ...worked , just copied all 3 files to laptop

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN22

i lost my IMEI and BASEBAND .
didnt have QCN or bin files
used ur guide and it saved me!
only one problem i have mi5 64GB it comes with only 1 IMEI (on the box) so my second IMEI is your defult (12345.....).
is there any solution? different files maybe? or different way? miflash could help(kdz files saved me a few times with my lg g2)?
[i have full backup that wont restore currently include EFS if it will help]
If someone can upload mi5 64/128gb (with 1 imei on the box )QCN files. dummy IMEI for me to change to my IMEI please?!
still the phone works good with only one valid IMEI

Is All Mi5 64GB having Only one IMEI on box ?? You asked others ? Mine (Mi5 32GB ) having two IMEI on box .
15th November 2016, 10:03 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmsn8

thanks ...worked , just copied all 3 files to laptop

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Is All Mi5 64GB having Only one IMEI on box ?? You asked others ? Mine (Mi5 32GB ) having two IMEI on box .

From what i noticed YES. 64 and 128 comes with 1 imei.
It is weird because for me at least sim1 and sim2 works fine (separately or together) i have full signal in both so i can make and receive calls and use data

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
15th November 2016, 10:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN22

From what i noticed YES. 64 and 128 comes with 1 imei.
It is weird because for me at least sim1 and sim2 works fine (separately or together) i have full signal in both so i can make and receive calls and use data

then whats the problem then if everything is working as it supposed to work..
15th November 2016, 10:28 AM |#8  

More
No actual problem using the device.
Just bugs me that i have 1 valid imei and second is just some random number.

16th November 2016, 07:37 PM |#9  
Flag Mogilno
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
I can't activate diag mode because after flashing ROM I need to verify with mi account. But I cannot as phone don't want to recognize SIM...
Is there possibility to repair IMEI without writing qcn?
The Following User Says Thank You to SpinoRex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpinoRex Ad-Free
16th November 2016, 09:26 PM |#10  

More
I had the same problem.
What i did:
1 Use a computer to remove my device from "find my device" (mi cloud site).*
2 replace password when the phone ask me to login to mi account
17th November 2016, 01:07 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 573

Donate to Me
More
Quote: