Mobile Network Standby draining battey on Oreo 8.1 ROMs

264 posts
Thanks Meter: 77

By Fahim Ferdoush, Senior Member on 13th March 2018, 05:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2018, 05:02 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
My 5s also suffers from the battery drain caused by mobile network standby. Today Xiaomi rolled out Orea based MIUI for insider testers. I extracted the firmware from it. Try and see if it helps. I just flashed it, and will report the results later.

fw_capricorn_miui_MI5S_8.10.10_476b2341f6_8.0.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to 06_taro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 06_taro Ad-Free
10th October 2018, 09:32 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 303

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_taro

My 5s also suffers from the battery drain caused by mobile network standby. Today Xiaomi rolled out Orea based MIUI for insider testers. I extracted the firmware from it. Try and see if it helps. I just flashed it, and will report the results later.

fw_capricorn_miui_MI5S_8.10.10_476b2341f6_8.0.zip

On LOS16 media audio is not working, and YouTube app stutters.
10th October 2018, 10:08 PM |#33  
Flag North Pole
Thanks Meter: 106

More
yep, same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by predragiPredrag

On LOS16 media audio is not working, and YouTube app stutters.

11th October 2018, 08:01 AM |#34  

More
Actually same for me. Official LOS 15.1 with custom kernel from Hlcpereira.

Video playback lags in every app, not only YouTube.

The speaker seems to have been broken for several versions back. I've noticed that since at least one month ago, as I regularly update firmware from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xia...les/Developer/. It should be introduced in earlier firmware updates for Nougat.

I think the battery drain by mobile network standby is improved. My phone can stay ~22h if kept screen off. Mobile network standby is still one of the most battery hungry service, but much lower than before. I'll keep tracking on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to 06_taro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 06_taro Ad-Free
13th October 2018, 06:57 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_taro

Hi @06_taro,

Are you sure that this is Oreo based MIUI, not Nougat? 8.10.11 was released MIUI 10 global beta still based on Nougat, and there is no any information about upcoming Oreo.

h t t p : / / en.miui.com/thread-4178144-1-1.html
Quote:

Note : This update is still based on Nougat. We still don't have any information about Oreo update for Mi 5S Global Beta. Hope the best for our device

13th October 2018, 09:00 PM |#36  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesyon

Hi @06_taro,

Are you sure that this is Oreo based MIUI, not Nougat? 8.10.11 was released MIUI 10 global beta still based on Nougat, and there is no any information about upcoming Oreo.

h t t p : / / en.miui.com/thread-4178144-1-1.html

This is the insider alpha test version for China which is not supposed to be published on Xiaomi's website, not the public beta version. Only eligible testers have access to it. However, someone shared the link of the ROM so you can download from official MIUI website here, and flash it with any custom recovery like TWRP.

Xiaomi has also released the 8.10.11 alpha version for China, but I have no link to it.

I personally did not flash the 8.10.10 ROM, but all people flashed it confirmed that the ROM is Orea based. It can also be confirmed from the file name in the link, which is suffixed with "8.0". I simply repacked the firmware files in ./firmware-update folder.

BTW, xiaomi.eu has released Orea based 8.10.11 ROM for Mi5s. I'll try the firmware there to see if any problem solved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 06_taro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 06_taro Ad-Free
17th October 2018, 06:57 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello everyone

I am having same problem with all oreo roms i tried

I am using note 3 n9005... tried all oreo roms clean flash with stock kernels and tried different kernels also but no changes.

I am using the latest baseband and booloader butstill mobile network standby consumes over 25% of my battery

My settings:
All scanning is off
Battery saver is on
No backing up
No games

That's why i am back to marshmallow and everything is workig fine
I noticed that with oreo rom my network is not stable..i can see the signal indicators become very high and very low in the same second and in the same place..but with with marshmallow the network is very stable..i am sure this has something to do with the battery drain ,again i am on the latest baseband and bootloader.

I hope someone can help to fix this bug.. thank u
30th October 2018, 10:24 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
had lineage 15.1 for 4 months with no problems. recently battery is draining too fast and when reach 30% shut down. try to back to stock but with the same problem. trying now to drain full battery and start charging then if it will work.
2nd November 2018, 09:45 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Same issue on HTC 10 after Oreo update. With Nougat no problem!
4th November 2018, 02:06 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
The devs are saying that this is a firmware issue and there is nothing to do until the official firmware is out that solves this problem. Still waiting.
3rd December 2018, 12:19 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
any news??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)