[Discussion] Xiaomi Mi 5S Battery Life Thread

Search This thread

maszeta

Feb 24, 2016
LineageOS
I finally changed my battery. The old one had 49% estimated battery capacity (measured by AccuBattery). This one has 92% capacity in the first complete charge, so it's very good. It's not a original replacement, it's made by NOHON.
It lasted 21 hours (5h 15m of screen time) so I'm very happy with it.

patoberli

Dec 1, 2010
Replaced the battery with an original looking product (it was sold in German Amazon.de as an original). Replacing was fairly easy, but the "Tesa Powerstrips" clones were brittle and tore when trying to pull them out. Had to heat it up a little to get the battery out without damaging it (don't heat to much!!!). Otherwise it was surprisingly easy to replace and the new one holds considerably longer.
Not bad for ~ 17€.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A tip for increase the battery, try AKT profile.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3476589

I'm still learning how to use this but it's really awesome. I think when a fully configure this I'll have 10h on SOT in some cases.

Simple tips to install

1- Rooted phone
    2- You can flash the zip and use via terminal emulator
    3- Or you can use via AKT app.
    4- I only could install the app after I flashed the zip and use via terminal, if you're lucky you will not have to do this.

Enviado de meu MI 5s usando Tapatalk
    My battery, global rom 8.2.1

WiFi all time on, if no wifi, mobile data all time on...

5-6h screen on time (depends on use, apps, is it sleeping alote or no) rarely below 5h, 6-7% over night lose if it is not on charger...
    All WiFi from 100% to 20% 25 hours of use and 5 sot, WiFi and 4g I get around 4 hours of Sot, same use (essentially WhatsApp, navigation with chrome, mails, no sync and no gps, no gaming).

Global Beta 7.5.25
    I get around 5-7Hours Screen on Time (WiFi all day, Facebook, Music with earphones on, Youtube, Slightly play games, and Browser)

Europe Global Version ROM 8.5.2.0
    This is China firmware, could we use it over global?

Firmware is basically drivers for your modem, bt, wifi.... And because there is NO Global version of this phone you can use fw from Chinese ROM in any ROM.