[BETA/TESTING] Xiaomi Essential Tool [NO ROOT]

Search This thread

mezutelni

Dec 24, 2014
Konin
Hi, i want to introduce you my tool, Xiaomi essential tool
DISCLAIMER
I'm not responsible for bricked phones or dead sdcard! You do so at your own risk!
XET is coded in python, and should work with all xiaomi devices.
Features:

• Backing up and restoring build.prop file
  • Changing DPI -Recovery
  • Installing Mi Mix 2 camera apk (Auto backup old file to /system/priv-app/MiuiCamera/MiuiCamera.bak) -Recovery
  • Installing custom grid size up to 10x10 (Auto backup old file to /system/media/themes/default/com.miui.home.old) -Recovery
  • Camera 2 API activation -Recovery
  • Removing system Apps -System (no root needed)
  • Downloading and installing twrp for supported phones (this with official TWRP) -System (no root needed)
  • Rebooting phone to fastboot, recovery, sideload, system -System (no root needed)
  • Checking bootloader status (locked/unlocked) - Fastboot
  • Sideloading zips (drag and drop) -Recovery

No root needed, only recovery or system in some cases (see ^)
At this stage, i'm aiming for people that want and CAN help me with testing
I suggest starting script within cmd (open cmd > drag and drop > enter) so you can easily send me screnshoot or details of error.
Also, code is open so feel free to fork it.

Download & Install (click)

And last think, if u want to appreciate my job, you could consider buying me beer or help me to keep my server up on paypal.me/Mezutelni

XDA:DevDB Information
XET, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
mezutelni
Source Code: https://github.com/mezutelni/twrp-installer-xiaomi

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.8

Created 2018-01-27
Last Updated 2018-01-27

Attachments

• x1.png
    x1.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 2,147
  • x2.png
    x2.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,101
Right question is:
Do you want me to still maintain it?
I could rewrite whole script, update and fix it as much as i can, but i haven't seen much feedback, so, the question is, do you want me to keep it alive?
The XDA community is often "ungrateful" ...
They use everything but give you the most of the time no feedback. Only if something doesn't work and often not even then.

mezutelni

Dec 24, 2014
Konin
They use everything but give you the most of the time no feedback. Only if something doesn't work and often not even then.

Ok, so i will update it, and try to maintain it, atm i have rewritten twrpinstallator, and did some other small stuff, but i still need to host my files, so if you want to help me, consider donating me on my paypal (link in 1st post).
Also, i want you, to tell me what new features you would like to see.
When my server will be up, i'll add gcam install and auto root option, also in near future, i'll "beautify" app uninstaller, afther this, i will record some youtube movies, with small how to install etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, i want to introduce you my tool, Xiaomi essential tool
    DISCLAIMER
    I'm not responsible for bricked phones or dead sdcard! You do so at your own risk!
    XET is coded in python, and should work with all xiaomi devices.
    Features:

• Backing up and restoring build.prop file
    • Changing DPI -Recovery
    • Installing Mi Mix 2 camera apk (Auto backup old file to /system/priv-app/MiuiCamera/MiuiCamera.bak) -Recovery
    • Installing custom grid size up to 10x10 (Auto backup old file to /system/media/themes/default/com.miui.home.old) -Recovery
    • Camera 2 API activation -Recovery
    • Removing system Apps -System (no root needed)
    • Downloading and installing twrp for supported phones (this with official TWRP) -System (no root needed)
    • Rebooting phone to fastboot, recovery, sideload, system -System (no root needed)
    • Checking bootloader status (locked/unlocked) - Fastboot
    • Sideloading zips (drag and drop) -Recovery

No root needed, only recovery or system in some cases (see ^)
    At this stage, i'm aiming for people that want and CAN help me with testing
    I suggest starting script within cmd (open cmd > drag and drop > enter) so you can easily send me screnshoot or details of error.
    Also, code is open so feel free to fork it.

Download & Install (click)

And last think, if u want to appreciate my job, you could consider buying me beer or help me to keep my server up on paypal.me/Mezutelni

XDA:DevDB Information
    XET, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
    mezutelni
    Source Code: https://github.com/mezutelni/twrp-installer-xiaomi

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.8

Created 2018-01-27
    Last Updated 2018-01-27

Ok, so i will update it, and try to maintain it, atm i have rewritten twrpinstallator, and did some other small stuff, but i still need to host my files, so if you want to help me, consider donating me on my paypal (link in 1st post).
    Also, i want you, to tell me what new features you would like to see.
    When my server will be up, i'll add gcam install and auto root option, also in near future, i'll "beautify" app uninstaller, afther this, i will record some youtube movies, with small how to install etc.
    Any plan in doing a linux version?