[ROM] Android One for Mi5X [8.1.10] [Oreo]

Search This thread

Aex12

Aug 8, 2014
The download link below, is from an outdated version (January 2018 Patch), if you want to install a updated rom, refer to this thread:
https://xdaforums.com/mi-5x/how-to/guide-how-to-install-a1-rom-5x-t3777139

Download link 8.1.10:
Mega

How to install:
- Unlock your bootloader
- [Optional] Flash A1 Oreo Firmware
- Flash Nougat TWRP
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik
- [Optional] Wipe data too if you are not currently using Android One port.
- Flash ROM's zip through TWRP
- [Optional] Flash Oreo TWRP

Known issues:
- If you dont flash A1 firmware your fingerprint will acts as a button while unlocked.
- If you don't have Goodix fingerprint variant, fingerprint may not work.
- You tell me.

FAQ:
Q: Can I flash over previous Nougat port?
A: Yes, you can.

Q: WiFi isn't working
A: Try restoring network settings. (Settings -> System -> Restore settings -> Restore network settings).

Q: Can I update via OTA?
A: No, you can't. You'll need to wait until I port the update.

Q: Does this ROM come pre-rooted
A: No, it's the A1 stock rom which doesn't come rooted. If you want root, flash Magisk through TWRP

Q: Can I install Xposed?
A: Yes, you can. Just make sure you download xposed for SDK 26.

Q: Will this rom unlock 4G 800MHz band (B20)?
A: No, it won't unlock it. Mi A1 uses a different modem which supports it. Mi 5X modem doesn't.

Q: Do I need to unlock my bootloader?
A: Yes, you need to unlock the bootloader before you can install any custom ROM.

Q: How can I unlock my bootloader?
A: Apply for permissions on http://en.miui.com/unlock/ then download the tool and follow the steps.

Q: Where can I download TWRP?
A: You can download it from here

Donations:
If you like my work and want to contribute, you can donate via paypal.me/aex12

XDA:DevDB Information
Android One Oreo for Mi5X , ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5X

Contributors
Aex12
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: Android One

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 8.1.10

Created 2018-03-07
Last Updated 2018-03-07

Last edited:

Aex12

Aug 8, 2014
are we going to flash the Nougat TWRP? not the Oreo TWRP?

You should flash Oreo TWRP once you installed Oreo on your device. If you are currently on Nougat (almost 99% of people, since this is the first Oreo ROM for the 5X), you should flash Nougat TWRP.

Maybe flashing Oreo TWRP while in Nougat works too, but I didn't test it, so I can't recommend it. Nougat TWRP for example doesn't work when Oreo is installed.

Last edited:

Spiritof88

Dec 6, 2017
Hi guys, couple of questions: i'm already on the A1 nougat rom with offcourse bootloader unlocked & twrp installed. What is the benefit of flashing the A1 Oreo firmware of it's not needed to succesfully flash the Oreo rom and the Oreo twrp after ?

adioph

May 12, 2005
You should flash Oreo TWRP once you installed Oreo on your device. If you are currently on Nougat (almost 99% of people, since this is the first Oreo ROM for the 5X), you should flash Nougat TWRP.

Maybe flashing Oreo TWRP while in Nougat works too, but I didn't test it, so I can't recommend it. Nougat TWRP for example doesn't work when Oreo is installed.

i laready flashed Nougat TWRP over Oreo ROM and still it boots... Flashed Nougat TWRP so that I can flash NOugat and Oreo ROMs with changing TWRP? Am I right?

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Hi guys, couple of questions: i'm already on the A1 nougat rom with offcourse bootloader unlocked & twrp installed. What is the benefit of flashing the A1 Oreo firmware of it's not needed to succesfully flash the Oreo rom and the Oreo twrp after ?

flashing oREo on Mi5x is like having a MiA1 experience... :)

Aex12

Aug 8, 2014
i laready flashed Nougat TWRP over Oreo ROM and still it boots... Flashed Nougat TWRP so that I can flash NOugat and Oreo ROMs with changing TWRP? Am I right?

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Flashing Nougat TWRP while in Oreo won't make your ROM not to boot, it is just that the recovery became unusable, it won't be able to mount /data partition, so it won't show any files to flash. Also you could experience random reboots.

Reactions: Ritwik Rahman

Aex12

Aug 8, 2014

Flashing firmware isn't mandatory, just recommended.

Spiritof88

Dec 6, 2017

Sorry, probably missing the point, but how does that answer my question ? This is my "daily" phone would hate to soft brick it by doing something wrong

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Oooops linked to the wrong post

adioph

May 12, 2005
Flashing Nougat TWRP while in Oreo won't make your ROM not to boot, it is just that the recovery became unusable, it won't be able to mount /data partition, so it won't show any files to flash. Also you could experience random reboots.

can we just install the updated TWRP image inside TWRP or we have go to fastboot to install the update TWRP?

amike56

Jul 14, 2012
so for some reason i cannot install magisk it is the reason that it isnt booting, any idea why that is? v16.0 with the latest manager.

Last edited:

Aex12

Aug 8, 2014
so for some reason i cannot install magisk it is the reason that it isnt booting, any idea why that is? v16.0 with the latest manager.

No problem here with Magisk. How are you flashing it?

iSrC8sp.jpg

Aex12

Aug 8, 2014

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The download link below, is from an outdated version (January 2018 Patch), if you want to install a updated rom, refer to this thread:
    https://xdaforums.com/mi-5x/how-to/guide-how-to-install-a1-rom-5x-t3777139

Download link 8.1.10:
    Mega

How to install:
    - Unlock your bootloader
    - [Optional] Flash A1 Oreo Firmware
    - Flash Nougat TWRP
    - Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    - [Optional] Wipe data too if you are not currently using Android One port.
    - Flash ROM's zip through TWRP
    - [Optional] Flash Oreo TWRP

Known issues:
    - If you dont flash A1 firmware your fingerprint will acts as a button while unlocked.
    - If you don't have Goodix fingerprint variant, fingerprint may not work.
    - You tell me.

FAQ:
    Q: Can I flash over previous Nougat port?
    A: Yes, you can.

Q: WiFi isn't working
    A: Try restoring network settings. (Settings -> System -> Restore settings -> Restore network settings).

Q: Can I update via OTA?
    A: No, you can't. You'll need to wait until I port the update.

Q: Does this ROM come pre-rooted
    A: No, it's the A1 stock rom which doesn't come rooted. If you want root, flash Magisk through TWRP

Q: Can I install Xposed?
    A: Yes, you can. Just make sure you download xposed for SDK 26.

Q: Will this rom unlock 4G 800MHz band (B20)?
    A: No, it won't unlock it. Mi A1 uses a different modem which supports it. Mi 5X modem doesn't.

Q: Do I need to unlock my bootloader?
    A: Yes, you need to unlock the bootloader before you can install any custom ROM.

Q: How can I unlock my bootloader?
    A: Apply for permissions on http://en.miui.com/unlock/ then download the tool and follow the steps.

Q: Where can I download TWRP?
    A: You can download it from here

Donations:
    If you like my work and want to contribute, you can donate via paypal.me/aex12

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android One Oreo for Mi5X , ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5X

Contributors
    Aex12
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Android One

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 8.1.10

Created 2018-03-07
    Last Updated 2018-03-07
    V.9.5.10.0 ported by me

1. Install TWRP 3.2.1-0
    TWRP
    2. wipe all > install ROM zip
    ROM V9.5.10.0
    @dsouza85rj @meteosanjuan @kk131 Flashing latest 9.5.9.0 using modded TWRP doesn't cause any issues. Working so far for me. Just be sure to flash latest firmware too. You can do so downloading Oreo Firmware from here. Then extract it, copy the file flash_only_firmware.bat into the fastboot rom folder and execute it from here. It will flash the latest firmware.

cWCRopD.png
    I have ported the rom to baidu,here is the link
    8.0 rom and firmware Oreo twrp https://pan.baidu.com/s/1rZpgcm_w28dS0U8N86CvhA
    Thanks for your great work aex12