LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- You tell me!
- Camera (and flashlight)
- Bluetooth (Audio and Calls)
- Telephony (Calls and Data)
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Video Playback
- Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 6 - Direct link)
- Format /system, /data and /cache
- Install LineageOS zip package
- Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Credits & collaborations:
- xiaobai112220 for bringing up Oreo for Mi6
LineagOS 15.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 6
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Last Updated 2017-12-28