FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UEFI][Bootloader]EDK II port for sagit

349 posts
Thanks Meter: 514
 
By fxsheep, Senior Member on 25th April 2019, 06:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
An explain goes first:
This may surprise a lot of people ,"Whaaaat ? Isn't UEFI a kind of BIOS on PC?"Well, it can also be on your phone too , in fact.

This is an EDK II (UEFI) port for MI 6.Currently it's incomplete,and how much it will be in the future depends on whether I have enough time.

What is this port for?
This is an UEFI port, so there are many possibilities. As a second-stage bootloader, it can boot any ARM64 OSes that support UEFI.
But at this point, only Linux is capable.Windows booting still need more efforts.

See Github README.md for more details.

Download:
Only source is provided since it's not completed.
Source: https://github.com/fxsheep/edk2-sagit
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to fxsheep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fxsheep Ad-Free
 
 
26th April 2019, 11:12 AM |#2  
neXus PRIME's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lahore, Pakistan
Thanks Meter: 4,544
 
More
What the ****...... Dude you're awesome. I'll be glad to help in testing if you need.

Keep it up...
27th April 2019, 01:47 PM |#3  
fxsheep's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neXus PRIME

What the ****...... Dude you're awesome. I'll be glad to help in testing if you need.

Keep it up...

Thanks
28th April 2019, 09:05 PM |#4  
Love this. Thanks for your work. Will test it tomorror.
30th April 2019, 12:31 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Flag Sichuan
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Donate to Me
More
wow! How amazing it is !
3rd May 2019, 08:56 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Thanks for the source and btw, @vantoman has built it yesterday and I tried it (fastboot boot uefi.img), it starts up and shows a grub shell just fine. But I couldn't figure out the way to input anything to there (tried usb otg keyboard but nope, not even the usb port outputs power lol). But to me, this is a proof of concept so, if we can help in any ways, please let us know πŸ‘
The Following User Says Thank You to ccelik97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ccelik97 Ad-Free
4th May 2019, 12:44 PM |#7  
fxsheep's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccelik97

Thanks for the source and btw, @vantoman has built it yesterday and I tried it (fastboot boot uefi.img), it starts up and shows a grub shell just fine. But I couldn't figure out the way to input anything to there (tried usb otg keyboard but nope, not even the usb port outputs power lol). But to me, this is a proof of concept so, if we can help in any ways, please let us know πŸ‘

That's right as USB OTG hasn't been implemented yet.And probably it won't be easily.Basically I use drivers extracted from the device's XBL.While the OTG isn't probably even exist in that, I just wonder if it's possible.Maybe the bios from some SD835 laptops will help though.
The Following User Says Thank You to fxsheep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fxsheep Ad-Free
4th May 2019, 12:46 PM |#8  
fxsheep's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
More
Anyway input isn't necessary for GRUB2 to boot a linux kernel
4th May 2019, 12:47 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsheep

That's right as USB OTG hasn't been implemented yet.And probably it won't be easily.Basically I use drivers extracted from the device's XBL.While the OTG isn't probably even exist in that, I just wonder if it's possible.Maybe the bios from some SD835 laptops will help though.

Hmmm, right.. Tell me if I can help you in any ways then πŸ‘

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsheep

Anyway input isn't necessary for GRUB2 to boot a linux kernel

Yeah But streamlining the installation processes etc (but yeah, ΓΌt could be done after getting the more important parts to work).
4th May 2019, 01:01 PM |#10  
fxsheep's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccelik97

Hmmm, right.. Tell me if I can help you in any ways then πŸ‘

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------


Yeah But streamlining the installation processes etc (but yeah, ΓΌt could be done after getting the more important parts to work).

You can do all the installation process on your PC instead on phone.Just use a chroot environment.
Mount the phone's storage to PC using mass_storage in Android kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to fxsheep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fxsheep Ad-Free
4th May 2019, 02:04 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsheep

You can do all the installation process on your PC instead on phone.Just use a chroot environment.
Mount the phone's storage to PC using mass_storage in Android kernel.

Hmmm I didn't know about that. Thanks for letting me know, I'll look for it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes