Best ROM?

Search This thread

Wallenth

Jan 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am using Xiaomi Mi 6 and I can't take the "support" Xiaomi has for this phone anymore and I am thinking of changing the stock ROM.

I have never done this before and i'm not sure which one to pick. I am interested in improved battery life and improved camera algorithms (if possible) with camera 2api enabled so I can use GCam as the stock camera now (in MIUI 10) is even worse than it used to be.

I would go for something more MIUIish but I want the best that is out there.

Any suggestions? :)

Alessandro999

Jun 10, 2016
venice
i tried all possible rom and kernels for mi 6 and finally can say that the best in my opinion will be PIXEL EXPERIENCE CAF
its the smoothest and stable rom.. eas will give you better battery and gaming performance than interactive( if you use asphalt 8/9 on interactive roms you get fps drop to 26/7 constantly. on eas fps are stable, capped to 30 )
caf based provide very smooth and optimized software than aosp. because is optimized for specified processor
f2fs on data and cache will give you better storage performance especially on write speed and device longevity( now pixel 3 and 3 xl use this for these reasons)
- this rom is underclocked to 2.0 ghz by default. if you want maximum performance you need to unlock the maximum frequency with ex kernel manager
-even with ex kernel manager i reccomend to set on boost cluster section : 1324 mhz for little clusters and 0 to big clusters , boost duration 40 ms ( latest miui is smooth because of these values)
camera photos and videos are amazing. 60fps on video with incredible stabilization. battery is outstanding,even deep sleep, only 3% over night.

pixel experience caf isnt perfect because its the third release but is official and regulary updated. my device is smoother than mi 8 and mi 9.. snapdragon 845 use eas for reasons. our device use the same ufs 2.1 memory. no need to upgrade to latest flagships

Altair47

Apr 20, 2014
Athens
i tried all possible rom and kernels for mi 6 and finally can say that the best in my opinion will be PIXEL EXPERIENCE CAF
its the smoothest and stable rom.. eas will give you better battery and gaming performance than interactive( if you use asphalt 8/9 on interactive roms you get fps drop to 26/7 constantly. on eas fps are stable, capped to 30 )
caf based provide very smooth and optimized software than aosp. because is optimized for specified processor
f2fs on data and cache will give you better storage performance especially on write speed and device longevity( now pixel 3 and 3 xl use this for these reasons)
- this rom is underclocked to 2.0 ghz by default. if you want maximum performance you need to unlock the maximum frequency with ex kernel manager
-even with ex kernel manager i reccomend to set on boost cluster section : 1324 mhz for little clusters and 0 to big clusters , boost duration 40 ms ( latest miui is smooth because of these values)
camera photos and videos are amazing. 60fps on video with incredible stabilization. battery is outstanding,even deep sleep, only 3% over night.

pixel experience caf isnt perfect because its the third release but is official and regulary updated. my device is smoother than mi 8 and mi 9.. snapdragon 845 use eas for reasons. our device use the same ufs 2.1 memory. no need to upgrade to latest flagships

Im on the same boat as op. https://download.pixelexperience.org/sagit/ is this the correct website to download?
Also one more question , does this rom have OTA?
Thanks in advance mate!

Alessandro999

Jun 10, 2016
venice
Reactions: keirchkeianmar

radzix27

Jul 2, 2009
Poland
Hello, I don't want to duplicate thread. I look for best ROM for me. What would you recommend for:
- best battery life
- super light rom without bloatware apps (I'd like to install open gapps pico) - only the most important applications. I use "Nova launcher" for my daily launcher.

Actually I use BaikalOS and it is nearly perfect except some issues with hardware button backlight.

Last edited:

wojtoo

Jul 29, 2016
PL
You don't have to use kernel manager to change CPU freq
There is xiaomi advanced menu and the are four profiles battery balance performance and game
Choose what you like.
And yes, ROM is very smooth

mejgs

Jul 16, 2015
I've tried almost all roms, but I always come to Miui based ones. Stock ones feel a little bit unfinished, with some small annoyances, and fingerprint is not as fast as on Miui. Regarding battery I think they are all on par. I currently use "MiRoom 9.4.11", little debloated myself with Titanium backup and installed "NFS Injector" module through Magisk. I get aroud 6h SOT, which is the best I was able to get through months of testing.

P.S. I always have a problem with Gcam not saving photos immediately after taking with Aosp based roms, dunno why...

Last edited:

damnsaif

For me,
Miui Based Rom - Revolution OS (not to be confused with Revenge OS). Gapps included.
and
AOSP Based - AospExtended ROM v6.4 [OFFICIAL (latest) + Open Gapps

These 2 I found are more than stable.
Use appropriate Gcam. Both are Buttery smooth for daily driver.

Marce7

Mar 13, 2019

Is this pixel experience better than miui??

Inviato dal mio MI 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

Shiw Liang

Jul 11, 2012
AospExtended ROM v6.4 is indeed very good for daily usage, stable and with tons of features. The only thing that killed me was the music quality when using my earphones.

For now I am using BankaiOS, the music quality of this ROM is more to my taste. It is battery friendly but it allows less tweaking compared to AOSPExtended.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Im on the same boat as op. https://download.pixelexperience.org/sagit/ is this the correct website to download?
    Also one more question , does this rom have OTA?
    Thanks in advance mate!

yes this is official website of caf builds, i reccomend it
    there is also a china website https://sagit.sbwml.net/?dir=PixelExperience/pie , but this is aosp based
    select witch you prefer