FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Very Low Call Volume Through Earpiece

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By wakhra, Junior Member on 7th September 2018, 03:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My Xiaomi Mi 6 call volume has gradually decreased to very low. Call volume during other apps like whatsapp and IMO is acceptable but direct phone calls are almost impossible to hear. Current ROM version is 9.5.8 stable.

Any fixes/leads will be highly appreciated.

19th September 2018, 07:01 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unfortunately same for me too. I'm on the newest MIUI 10 beta (xiaomi.eu), but the problem started in July.
20th September 2018, 09:06 AM |#3  
Flag Badin
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Me too. I am on miui 10 aplha.

Very low volume during calls
20th September 2018, 04:37 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I have the solution. And its ****ing simple.

Clean the earpiece with needle and toothbrush.
I also had the same problem, i tried every app, i also tried changing values in mixer_path xml. Nothing worked.
Until i came by a post in the official xiaomi forum.

I was floored. It worked.
The thing is, mi6 earpiece has a a grill with very fine holes. Dust easily blocks the grill.

Poke the grill with needle, clean the grill's perimiter with the needle, then brush it. You can even use a damp cloth to attract the dust. Voila, sound is loud again.

I know your pain, and now the pain is gone. Lol..
The Following User Says Thank You to wakoko79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wakoko79 Ad-Free
4th October 2018, 10:35 AM |#5  

More
thank you for your post
thank you very much Mr.
my mi6 receive Volume is very low issues, solved after cleanup ear receiver hole.
Anyone who have same situation like this issuses. Pls. cleanup first.
6th November 2018, 12:12 PM |#6  

More
Worked for me as well! cleaned the grill with a needle. noticed that the grill holes were completly closed by dirt.
Thanks @wakoko79 !!
28th March 2019, 10:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
i did try to clean but i don't think, my needle did any good to the mesh.. clouldn't notice any improvement...

so what now?
with apps like viper4android i can only boost speaker, headset, bluetooth but no earpiece...

even in my office, i have a hard time understanding people on the phone. imaginge on the street with noise... lol

thanks!
28th March 2019, 11:38 AM |#8  

More
I managed to fix this on two of my MI6 - it is all about dirt that is stuck between metal receiver hole and tight plastic mesh under it (some water splash proofing i guess) You have to take off glass cover from the back, unscrew motherboard and gently remove earpiece. Then with needle remove that tight plastic mesh and you will find lots of dirt under it. Use that needle again to clean it all. Try blowing some air to be sure its clean. Then assembly all back together and test the receiver - you will get extremely great sound that finally makes real stereo experience in youtube and other sources. And of course you will hear everything while phone call. Magic!
28th March 2019, 06:39 PM |#9  

More
I used compressed air today from the front into the mesh. Shouldn't that be enough to blew that dirt away from the mesh?

Isn't there any software that boosts earpiece? Don't really wanna open the phone if not absolutely necessary...
1st April 2019, 09:50 PM |#10  

More
Opened phone, replaced battery, tried to clean earpiece speaker, reassembled phone. Everything works but earpiece is completely dead now..

Think i broke my mi6...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)