9.2.3.0 Global Stable OTA / DO NOT UPDATE!! Wait for next one.

Search This thread

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
So.

I received the OTA last night.

As I was downloading it, I went over to XDA and found that people were having problems with this update.

When I checked on this forum, there were people having the same problem but it seemed that some were not.

I looked on the internet to see if anyone from Xiaomi had addressed this problem and found none.

so I took the update about ten minutes ago and guess what?

Well, I'm writing from my One Plus 5T.
BOOTLOOP!!

I'm astonished.

It is connected to using the THEMES APP.
Everything looks fine, then you try and change your theme.

Suddenly you are booted into recovery and from there, a continuous BOOTLOOP, there's nothing you can do about it.

Listen, a bad update is possible, not everyone is perfect - but an official STABLE update that breaks your phone is UNACCEPTABLE.

I love Xiaomi and was quite perplexed at the complaints I was seeing - so yes, it's my fault, I went ahead with the update.

I couldn't find any information so I wanted to do this so that other people can save themselves.

I was an extreme Xiaomi fan....I was eagerly awaiting the Mi 7 Ceramic - I now am not. I have Xiaomi products everywhere, I've been telling all my friends and business partners about Xiaomi....

This is Global. The Mi6 is the standard-bearer for a global Xiaomi...but it won't work like this.

Never in my whole time on Android have I ever received an official update that broke the phone. Never.

Note: I am on the Stable track, all stock, never tampered with, OTA directly to my phone from Xiaomi. Directly.

This cannot happen.

Xiaomi needs to be careful here - they need to pull that update immediately AND reach out to those who cannot now use their phones.

It's a huge breach of trust and exactly the kind of thing which if not dealt with quickly, will spread globally and it will be very difficult to rectify.

Xiaomi is not the only manufacturer out there - mobile business 101 is you "...take your users with you."

I am astonished just looking at my phone loop, and loop, and loop. On an official update. Incredible.

Huawei/HTC/OnePlus...Vernee even: everyone's out there.

I might even just buy a Nokia and see what they're up to.
I am incredibly disappointed - and embarrassed.

So.

DO NOT UPDATE!

Or be like me and join the club. What do I use this phone for now? And it's less than 3 months old. A Ceramic Coaster?

I don't know what to say.
Incredible.

Attachments

• IMG_20180227_213535.jpg
    IMG_20180227_213535.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 1,183
Reactions: demonntl

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
P.S.

Ok - yeah, I was pretty angry.
I just did a factory reset.

It works from there.

So it's a simple fix.

I just wish Xiaomi had said - reset your phone.
It's an update.

*Sigh*

wildger

Jan 3, 2011
Is not the same update as the one released as @beta stable@ a few days ago. But it seem that factory reset after going from 7.1 to 8.0 is a must with MIUI.

Stupoint0

Feb 28, 2018
Hi

My partner updated her phone last night and its stuck in Mi-Recovery loop. How can I fix this.

Thanks

chrismai

Jun 11, 2014
bootloop

I update and now i am in bootloop to recovery. Is there any way to fix it without losing nothing (photos, vids, apps, settings, call logs etc) ?
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP............................ ...

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

P.S.

Ok - yeah, I was pretty angry.
I just did a factory reset.

It works from there.

So it's a simple fix.

I just wish Xiaomi had said - reset your phone.
It's an update.

*Sigh*

How cann i do factory reset from recovery? There are 3 options: 1)reboot, 2)Wipe Data, 3)Connect with MiAssistant.
Can you please tell me how to do it?

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
I update and now i am in bootloop to recovery. Is there any way to fix it without losing nothing (photos, vids, apps, settings, call logs etc) ?
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP............................ ...

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

How cann i do factory reset from recovery? There are 3 options: 1)reboot, 2)Wipe Data, 3)Connect with MiAssistant.
Can you please tell me how to do it?

Unfortunately you have to wipe DATA
It will factory reset - you loose everything!

Ah. I wish they had said that from the word go.

orditeck

Dec 23, 2014
Worst update ever. Double notification, permanent Android system notification, buggy animations everywhere. I updated to 9.2.2 a few days before 9.2.3 and was like OMG good job Xiaomi can't believed this update is so good look at those awesome notifications and stuff! I was loving Xiaomi so much, I'm always nervous when buying Chinese electronics because I'm never sure about after sale but after having my phone several months and having bought another Xiaomi phone for my wife, I was just 100% into Xiaomi. I was putting cash aside to buy the new laser projector and vacuum robot for our new house.

So anyway. When I saw 9.2.3 just after updating to 9.2.2 I was like wow I can't believe I'll receive even more awesome features.

Oh man.

I hate my phone now.

This update is the worst thing that happened to my phone. I lost my trust in Xiaomi. It took time to gain trust. Took a few minutes to lose.

Do not update.

Do NOT update.

Reactions: kolembo and jcunltd

Zhoreb

Feb 15, 2010
Wish I had seen this warning earlier. Was messing around with themes today, and after 3 applied themes the phone suddenly rebooted to recovery. And nothing else.
My phone is locked, USB debugging disabled. Cannot fastboot anything.

Guess I will try the wipe option. Sigh.

thE_29

Jul 12, 2010
Worst update ever. Double notification, permanent Android system notification, buggy animations everywhere. I updated to 9.2.2 a few days before 9.2.3 and was like OMG good job Xiaomi can't believed this update is so good look at those awesome notifications and stuff! I was loving Xiaomi so much, I'm always nervous when buying Chinese electronics because I'm never sure about after sale but after having my phone several months and having bought another Xiaomi phone for my wife, I was just 100% into Xiaomi. I was putting cash aside to buy the new laser projector and vacuum robot for our new house.

I only have double notification with gmail and it is gmails fault, because sometimes it isnt double.. (and when you google it, you get many results).

ROM is stable for me, the only "funny thing" is, when I go to the updater it says
"no update available
MIUI 9.2.3.0 | Nightly"

But why nightly?!

pi4a7a

May 14, 2015
Varna
My update is gone. I had it through OTA but now when I refresh it's gone. Does that mean they pulled it out?

pi4a7a

May 14, 2015
Varna
I really wanted to update, but after reading all the bad reviews, kinda pushed me away. Anyway waiting for the one in April, hope it will be fine.

amnezic

Mar 9, 2011
Baia Mare
Any ideas when we get Oreo finally after this ROM has been withdrawed? Ive seen this Thread: http://en.miui.com/thread-2069213-1-1.html NO Mi6? Is this a Joke?
Lol, mate according to the link you provided mi 6 will get miui 9.5 (oreo), is listed there, or i have eyes problems.... "Early April: Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1, Redmi Note 5A/Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 5A, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi Note 5, Redmi 5, Mi Max 2, Mi 5, Redmi 4X, Mi 6 and Mi MIX"

bugfix2k

Jul 14, 2008
Stockholm
skoldnet.se
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V9.5.3.0.OCAMIFA/miui_MI6Global_V9.5.3.0.OCAMIFA_8002395ad8_8.0.zip this is the 9.5.3
.0 that probably will be released next week. I installed it. AOSP notifications are back

What do you think of its performance so far?
Any obvious issues?
I was looking at the xiaomi.eu version and thought about installing that, should be pretty much the same as miGlobal right?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...ulti_MI6_V9.5.3.0.OCACNFA_v9-8.0.zip/download

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So anyway. When I saw 9.2.3 just after updating to 9.2.2 I was like wow I can't believe I'll receive even more awesome features.

Oh man.

I hate my phone now.

This update is the worst thing that happened to my phone. I lost my trust in Xiaomi. It took time to gain trust. Took a few minutes to lose.

Do not update.

Do NOT update.
    So.

I received the OTA last night.

As I was downloading it, I went over to XDA and found that people were having problems with this update.

When I checked on this forum, there were people having the same problem but it seemed that some were not.

I looked on the internet to see if anyone from Xiaomi had addressed this problem and found none.

so I took the update about ten minutes ago and guess what?

Well, I'm writing from my One Plus 5T.
    BOOTLOOP!!

I'm astonished.

It is connected to using the THEMES APP.
    Everything looks fine, then you try and change your theme.

Suddenly you are booted into recovery and from there, a continuous BOOTLOOP, there's nothing you can do about it.

Listen, a bad update is possible, not everyone is perfect - but an official STABLE update that breaks your phone is UNACCEPTABLE.

I love Xiaomi and was quite perplexed at the complaints I was seeing - so yes, it's my fault, I went ahead with the update.

I couldn't find any information so I wanted to do this so that other people can save themselves.

I was an extreme Xiaomi fan....I was eagerly awaiting the Mi 7 Ceramic - I now am not. I have Xiaomi products everywhere, I've been telling all my friends and business partners about Xiaomi....

This is Global. The Mi6 is the standard-bearer for a global Xiaomi...but it won't work like this.

Never in my whole time on Android have I ever received an official update that broke the phone. Never.

Note: I am on the Stable track, all stock, never tampered with, OTA directly to my phone from Xiaomi. Directly.

This cannot happen.

Xiaomi needs to be careful here - they need to pull that update immediately AND reach out to those who cannot now use their phones.

It's a huge breach of trust and exactly the kind of thing which if not dealt with quickly, will spread globally and it will be very difficult to rectify.

Xiaomi is not the only manufacturer out there - mobile business 101 is you "...take your users with you."

I am astonished just looking at my phone loop, and loop, and loop. On an official update. Incredible.

Huawei/HTC/OnePlus...Vernee even: everyone's out there.

I might even just buy a Nokia and see what they're up to.
    I am incredibly disappointed - and embarrassed.

So.

DO NOT UPDATE!

Or be like me and join the club. What do I use this phone for now? And it's less than 3 months old. A Ceramic Coaster?

I don't know what to say.
    Incredible.
    I have updated, and I have no problem ... although the old notifications have returned.
    http://bigota.d.miui.com/V9.5.3.0.OCAMIFA/miui_MI6Global_V9.5.3.0.OCAMIFA_8002395ad8_8.0.zip this is the 9.5.3
    .0 that probably will be released next week. I installed it. AOSP notifications are back
    What do you think of its performance so far?
    Any obvious issues?
    I was looking at the xiaomi.eu version and thought about installing that, should be pretty much the same as miGlobal right?
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...ulti_MI6_V9.5.3.0.OCACNFA_v9-8.0.zip/download

For battery performance it's too early to speak about. The disturbing "Messenger is drawing over other apps" somwthing like this as a message and the one that is running in the background, are still there. Animations are fluid, Themes app is removed - something related with regulations. VoLTE still not working which I hate it. Camera the same... Fingerprint unlock it's fast again.

Waiting for feedback by others...

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    That should be even better that mi global.

I don't like the thing that is deodexed the xiaomi.eu rom... There are some glitches in perfmormance...