Remove All Ads from XDA

[9.0] [OFFICIAL] [9.0.0_r39] AOSiP [Platina]

359 posts
Thanks Meter: 308

By nysadev, Senior Member on 6th May 2019, 01:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
AOSIP

Code:
**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on Google AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Brett Montague
Sri Harsha
Harsh Shandilya

Bug reporting:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Latest Downloads:

FAQ and Install instructions:

Install instructions:
getting twrp going is discussed many places so i wont do that here but assuming you have twrp installed
boot twrp
wipe system/data/cache
flash rom
reboot system

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
Huge props to Josh Chasky, Spaceman860, Alex Cruz and the rest of DU teams work on 3/3xl
Google
LineageOS
AICP
ABC Rom
Omni
ChainFire (SuperSU)
Beanstown106
Cory Collins
Sultanxda
flar2
---------
Any others i may have forgotten
All our testers

XDA:DevDB Information
[9.0] [OFFICIAL] [9.0.0_r39] AOSiP [Platina], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite

Contributors
nysadev, nysadev
Source Code: https://github.com/nysadev/lyra-4.4

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-05-06
Last Updated 2019-05-15
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nysadev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nysadev Ad-Free

6th May 2019, 01:07 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Changelog:
04/05/19:
Kernel changelog:
- Lyra kernel 1.2:
- Based on ALS 4.4.179, latest CAF tag
- Clean imported Xiaomi code to remove Xiaomi leftover ****
- Energy Aware Scaling, with kdrag0n's energy model
- Hardcoded schedutil values so no ramdisk modifications
- Schedutil optimisations
- Dynamic schedtune enabled
- Introduce cpu_input_boost driver and devfreq (GPU) boosting
- Disable CPU boost in favour of cpu input boosting
- Boost CPU and DDR during new frames
- Kill userspace CPU boosting
- Set minimum frequently of the little cores to 902MHz for efficiency
- Enabled and set CPU masks
- Optimize CFQ
- Allow tasks to be performed as performance critical (new API)
- Add console ramoops support (thanks to @Lunarixus)
- F2FS enabled
- Latest Qcacld-3.0 from CAF
- LZ4 kernel compression
- Removed useless sdm660 dtbs
- KCAL support
- VDSO32 enabled
- Enable jump label
- Smooth and battery friendly

Device changelog:
- Compile HWUI in performance mode
- Optimise F2FS flags
- Remove HAL1 forcing of apps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nysadev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nysadev Ad-Free
6th May 2019, 01:08 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Hi all,
I'm really sorry, I don't hang much around on XDA, I really should be updating these threads.
A few questions have been asked which I shall answer.

1. Does the 04/05 build fix switching off bug?
- Yes, it does. I'm sorry about the 28/04 build causing this issue - this was because I implemented EAS, and after testing, I thought the build was ready to go, however the bug never occurred on my end. I still don't know what caused the issue but the 4th May build switched to the Lyra 1.2 kernel which has EAS, made by me, which doesn't cause the deep sleep issue. (Thanks to my testers on Telegram for all the hard work and testing!)

2. Why is the front camera broken on some apps but not others/not working at all?
- The front camera was fixed in Instagram and WhatsApp on the 04/05 build, but if you still have issues on all apps, please install the newest global stable firmware. This is really important as developer betas do not work properly.

3. I have issues with sound, long boot time and sensors etcetc, your ROM is broken?
- No, you need to install the global stable firmwares (10.2.3.0/10.3.x.x and beyond). I cannot stress this enough. Soon if I find an adsp fix I'll fix all firmwares but Xiaomi really hacked something together.

4. My phone is showing "There's a problem with your phone, please contact the manufacturer" on boot. Did you break my phone?
- No, I didn't. I'm not sure why but after moving to custom kernels this message will appear. There is nothing wrong at all, and I believe I know the fix for it. I'll experiment after I'm done writing this message. Again, this causes no issues, do not stress about it.

5. Can you actually post changelogs?
- Yeah, I should. I'm very lazy/busy

6. Is it true you have exams soon?
- Yes, as of the time of writing, I have exams from the 13th May - 17th June. I'm in my last year of secondary school (being 16 in Year 11) and these are my GCSEs to go on to college. Builds will not have as many changelogs as I won't be able to dedicate much time.

A huge apology to my users out there that use my builds that were caught by the deep sleep freeze bug. I will work harder in the future to test and properly debug builds.
Thank you to everyone that still continues to use my builds. Feel free to message me on Telegram (@nysadev) or join our group. PM me for details.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nysadev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nysadev Ad-Free
6th May 2019, 02:31 PM |#4  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Thank for this rom : I love aosip. I try tonight.
And good luck with your exams.
The Following User Says Thank You to houbaba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift houbaba Ad-Free
6th May 2019, 06:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great job @nysadev I'm currently using for more than 3 days with all lyra versions (you know that :winkk and so far so good.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliespencerchaplin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift charliespencerchaplin Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 07:47 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
By the way guys, we've gone official now.
You can find downloads here: https://aosip.dev/platina
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nysadev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nysadev Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 09:03 AM |#7  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Well done dev'
Thanks
9th May 2019, 03:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysadev

By the way guys, we've gone official now.
You can find downloads here: https://aosip.dev/platina

thanks.
bug in beta dont work sound
9th May 2019, 04:45 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halleybr

thanks.
bug in beta dont work sound

Forgot to specify 1.4 used the ADSP patch for developer betas. I will revert this and make a standalone kernel for the MIUI guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to nysadev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nysadev Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 05:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysadev

Forgot to specify 1.4 used the ADSP patch for developer betas. I will revert this and make a standalone kernel for the MIUI guys.

Thank you... you post in this thread? thanks

Edit: i instaled Lyra 1.4 stable kernel and work fine
The Following User Says Thank You to halleybr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift halleybr Ad-Free
14th May 2019, 11:17 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
ROM side: Check AOSiP changelog

Device side:
- Reworked powerHAL (smooth and better battery)
- Reworked device tree

Kernel side:
- Lyra 1.6
- iommu rewritten and cleaned
- Use analog dimming for the screen
- Use a default power level on the GPU of 5 (160MHz)
- Remove HUGE amounts of logging in binder (really helps in battery I think)
- Update CPU Input Boost and like actually disable the shitty inbuilt one
- Add a new, interpolated energy model
- Update LMK (simple low memory killer)
- Boost RCU
- CPUIdle more inline with Wahoo
- Remove a lot of high priority workflags for actual queuing
- Remove a lot of Qcacld-3.0 mess
- Fixed af SDcards

First fully official build. Stable, smooth and battery friendly as hell.

Let me know how it goes
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nysadev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nysadev Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)