Acrux kernel is a v4.4 CAF based, cleanly imported (from Xiaomi), EAS kernel with HMP stuff removed (thanks to Joshuous), updated to the latest CAF tag and upstreamed with mainline Linux, aiming to give a balance of performance to battery life.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Any custom AOSP ROMs on Android Ten (10.x)
- Maybe MIUI (can't always support this)
- If you want to report any bugs, please post a logcat and kernel log - I recommend syslog to give all the logs I need.
If this information is not provided, I cannot - and will not - help.
This is based off 12-3-20, r1-ten. Might not be up to date - check GitHub for more details.
- Rebase on Q CAF tag
- Cleaned a lot of unused Xiaomi crap
- Upstream to 4.4.216
- Redo EAS, remove HMP and import CAF 4.14 energy model
- Import PELT backports and scheduler improvements
- Fix stuck GCam HDR processing/speed it up
- Cleanup qcacld-3.0 drivers (less Wi-Fi debug, etc)
- Remove unneeded drivers from the kernel (e.g. test drivers, unused touchscreen drivers, Adreno 3xx/4xx)
- Optimise CFQ/blk
- Optimise kgsl/adreno drivers (remove POPP, relax idle spin loop etc)
- Compiled with GCC 9.2
- Fix treewide inconsistent mutex spinlocking
- Omit useless DTBs from the kernel
Version: Acrux r1-ten
All releases go under this format: Acrux-[revision, ex. r1]-[codename]
Google Drive //
GitHub Releases //
Telegram Channel: nysa's development channel
Telegram Chat: Acrux kernel chat
Paypal if you wish to donate: paypal.me/nysascape
- Just simply flash the kernel in recovery! Make sure you flash Magisk after!
Credits and thanks:
@Lunarixus (as always) for his support, friendship and hard work, as well as working alongside me for the EAS bringup. Thank you
@uvera00 for his constant support and amazing knowledge into kernel development, and the SDM660 - also, for putting up with me in PMs.
@tytydraco for his awesome EAS work!
@hypeartist for his support in our chats and suggestions, and access to his repositories
@kdrag0n for his energy model and CPU input boost commits, as well as helping me in the sdm660 chat
@kerneltoast for his persistence with dealing with me lul as well as some amazing work
And everyone else that helped me and worked with me on the kernel! PM me if I missed anyone
Sauce code: Pasta with some tomato sauce // Pasta with some pesto mixed in (staging repository)
[Kernel] Acrux Kernel for the Mi 8 Lite, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
Source Code: https://github.com/nysascape/kernel_xiaomi_acrux
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Global Stable
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2020-03-12