[Firmware] Xiaomi Mi 8 SE [SIRIUS] [Auto updated weekly!]

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All Xiaomi users suffer from a single problem, Firmware update. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release. And also developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here is my simple solution:

Xiaomi Firmware Updater (Mi 8SE)
    jSIVrRy.png
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

A set of various script that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files every MIUI new update!
    My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global and China, extracts the firmware-update folder, generates firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to many servers.
    The scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every six hours.

Note:
    Name's will be in the following manner:
    • fw_sirius_miui_MI8SE_*.zip is Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (sirius) China firmware

Downloads
    You can get updates always from various mirrors available on the website:

Frequently Asked Questions:
    What is Firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?
    Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.
    Why should I update the Firmware?
    Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!
    Do I need updating the Firmware If I'm MIUI official or custom ROM user?
    No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.
    What are the supported devices?
    All Snapdragon and MTK devices including China-only devices.
    Check the full devices list here
    How to update firmware?
    1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
    2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.
    How to check the updated firmware?
    Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Support or Contact:
    Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on Github repository or just write here in a reply, and we’ll help you sort it out.

Source Code:
    - Github
    - Main project thread

Donations:
    A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open source, that cost money, time and many efforts.
    XiaomiFirmwareUpdater and MIUIUpdatesTracker scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using:
    - LiberaPay
    - Paypal
    - Pateron

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Firmware] Xiaomi Mi 8 SE [SIRIUS] [Auto updated weekly!], Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi 8

Contributors
    yshalsager
    Source Code: https://github.com/XiaomiFirmwareUpdater

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5

Created 2018-06-19
    Last Updated 2019-08-07
    MIUI 10 Chinese Public Beta ROM Firmware
    Supported devices: Mi 5 (gemini) - Mi 6 (sagit) - Mi 8 (dipper) - Mi 8 SE (sirius) - MI Note 2 (scorpio) - MI MIX (lithium) - MI MIX 2 (chiron) - Redmi Note 5 (whyred).

Note: Miui downloads still down, to download MIUI 10 Chinese Public Beta ROM go Here.
    Telegram Channel: Subscribe here

You can get updates always from Sourceforge, Androidfilehost or Github :D :
    This time there's multi versions, not a single date, so check 8.6.x folder to get your device firmware.

Sourceforge:
    Androidfilehost: (Mirror)
    Github Releases: (Mirror)
    Announcing MIUI Updates Tracker!

I've finished working on my new script "MIUI Updates Tracker" which automatically track Xiaomi MIUI ROM releases and send a message to its telegram channel to notify users!

• It supports almost all devices, you can check the list here.
    • Both Global and China ROMs are supported.
    • Both Recovery and Fastboot ROMs are being tracked.
    • The script runs automatically every day for stable and every week for weekly!
    Source: https://github.com/XiaomiFirmwareUpdater/miui-updates-tracker
    Join it: https://t.me/MIUIUpdatesTracker

I need your opinions and suggestions as always, Thanks for your support!
    MIUI 10 Chinese Public Beta 8.6.21 ROM Firmware
    Supported devices: Mi 5 (gemini) - Mi 6 (sagit) - Mi 8 (dipper) - Mi 8 SE (sirius) - MI Note 2 (scorpio) - MI MIX (lithium) - MI MIX 2 (chiron) - MI MIX 2S (polaris) - Redmi Note 5 (whyred) - Redmi S2 (ysl).

Note: Miui downloads still down, to download MIUI 10 Chinese Public Beta ROM go Here.
    Telegram Channel: Subscribe here

Sourceforge:
    Github Releases: (Mirror)
    MIUI 10 8.9.6 Global/China Beta ROM Firmware

Telegram Channel: https://t.me/XiaomiFirmwareUpdater | https://t.me/MIUIUpdatesTracker

Sourceforge:
    Github Releases: (Mirror) [choose weeekly latest tag]