Search This thread

33bca

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2013
Basel
OnePlus 8 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- AOD
- DT2W

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi 8 build: Mod Edit Link Removed

Changelogs

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Requirements
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI P-based builds.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Instructions
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install AOSPA zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important / Useful links
Mod Edit Link Removed

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Xiaomi Mi 8 are @33bca and @TheStrix. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vihru

May 25, 2012
Finland
thanks for this! @33bca Black theme dont work at all and there is no notch hide... is notch cutout hide coming?

Last edited:

Alessandro999

Jun 10, 2016
venice
smoothest rom ever tried in my life ...pure caf base is very optimized for snapdragon processor...hope this rom improve and include latest security patches @33bca

kyler084

Jun 14, 2011
Hampshire
Amazing too see this on the mi8 ! Good work. Is there any recommended firmware to be on before hand ? Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- AOD
    - DT2W

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi 8 build: Mod Edit Link Removed

Changelogs

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Requirements
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI P-based builds.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Instructions
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install AOSPA zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important / Useful links
    Mod Edit Link Removed

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Xiaomi Mi 8 are @33bca and @TheStrix. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    Link for download beta rom:http://download.paranoidandroid.co/roms/beta/dipper/

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk
    No link untill i can fix all Sorry but i'm working to fix all i Hope to settle all in a week ??

Edit Little update i'm working on device and vendor bit i've some problem so maybe for settle all i Will take more time
    who wants to test latest PA build?
    Well, that was the situation in the past years. I remember PA on Galaxy S2, for example. But on Mi8, this ROM still hasn't any features compared to the others, and it isn't updated with the latest LOS commit.
    The kernel is less smart than sphinX, too.
    We dont rely on LineageOS, so dont expect us to update it with the "latest LOS commit".

Welcome onboard @33bca, I was using all your ROMs on my Mi5. :eek:
    It's great to see some old known people! :p

Old security patch and lag rom.
    Sent from my MI 8 using XDA Labs
    Would you like to explain what you mean with "lag rom"? It's one of the fastest roms available for the Mi8 according to the majority of the users.

Sadly,this ROM isn't able to boot into multiROM mode..
    Sent from my Xiaomi Mi 8 using XDA Labs
    Thats nothing I care about tbh!

is IR Cam working? What about the Cam Quality?
    Will be included in the next relese, testing it rn.