FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Firmware] [Mi 8] Global / China | Stock firmware

163 posts
Thanks Meter: 226

By dogsly, Senior Member on 18th July 2018, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
MIUI 9 | Android 8.1
It is FORBIDDEN to flash a Chinese device to a global firmware WITH LOCKED bootloader!
A Chinese device with a locked bootloader and a global firmware can turn into a brick!
Do not lock the bootloader when flashing the global firmware on a Chinese device!

If you need help
GLOBAL

China
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dogsly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dogsly Ad-Free

18th July 2018, 10:19 PM |#2  
Flag Santander
Thanks Meter: 29

More
thanks
18th July 2018, 10:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Hi, thanks for these links. Does anyone know if i can install the global rom without my bootloader being unlocked?
18th July 2018, 10:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolef1984

Hi, thanks for these links. Does anyone know if i can install the global rom without my bootloader being unlocked?

Yes, you should be able to flash any official rom.
18th July 2018, 11:11 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _katho_

Yes, you should be able to flash any official rom.

Thanks for your answer, sorry for the noob questions, this is my first xiaomi deivice, would i be able to install this using the update option in the settings or would i need to use miflash? Thanks again
18th July 2018, 11:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolef1984

Thanks for your answer, sorry for the noob questions, this is my first xiaomi deivice, would i be able to install this using the update option in the settings or would i need to use miflash? Thanks again

Built-in updater should probably work, try it out, it will tell you if it doesn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to _katho_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _katho_ Ad-Free
18th July 2018, 11:28 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It didn't work, I got the following error message:
imgur.com/a/UpnuPvL
The Following User Says Thank You to xiami8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xiami8 Ad-Free
19th July 2018, 12:14 AM |#8  

More
I cant get it to install, guess i will have to wait the 360 hrs. Thanks anyway
Tried many different methods but they are all showing that the global rom is not an official rom, unless i am doing something wrong....
19th July 2018, 01:04 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi, this is my first Xiaomi Phone. I have downloaded the Global Firmware. Can some one post instructions how to install it. I have a Mi 8 Chinese version with Unlocked Bootloader and want to install Global ROM. Thanks.
19th July 2018, 06:45 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Somebody try this?
h t t p s://xiaomi. eu/community/threads/tutorial-flash-global-rom-on-bricked-locked-bl-and-w-o-edl.32091

Clear spaces
The Following User Says Thank You to gallyjm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gallyjm Ad-Free
19th July 2018, 08:16 AM |#11  
Flag Tuguegarao City
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usman_hafeez

Hi, this is my first Xiaomi Phone. I have downloaded the Global Firmware. Can some one post instructions how to install it. I have a Mi 8 Chinese version with Unlocked Bootloader and want to install Global ROM. Thanks.

On the same boat. I hope somebody can help us. Latest china beta with unlock bootloader. I am guessing we can flash through TWRP but I am not sure and I don't want to brick my device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
global firmware, mi 8 global firmware, mi8, oeacnfa, oeamifa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)