FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fix battery drain mobile standby

96 posts
Thanks Meter: 46
 
By gatsuu, Member on 28th December 2018, 11:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
A troublesome bug that causes the drain (discharge at high speed of the battery) of the MI8 is caused by the voice Mobile standby, in fact if you go in the battery settings, you will notice a high% of consumption of the item in question.
This is caused because, by default in the Xiaomi rom (China or global) is also the search for frequencies also Chinese, this involves an intensive use of the network module that continues in a way to find these Chinese frequencies, which of course in our country , just as all EU countries do not exist, leading to greater use of autonomy.

Xiaomi is already aware of the problem and will certainly be resolved, when it is not known.
In the meantime, you can solve the problem by yourself, as follows:

Enter the following USSD code *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer.
Set the LTE / WCDMA mode to both SIMs

In this way, only the European frequencies will be used, eliminating the battery drain.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gatsuu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gatsuu Ad-Free
 
 
28th December 2018, 11:51 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
You're welcome btw

https://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=re...3&pid=33446288


It's also a pretty old bug, somebody else had the same idea 4 months ago:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...arching.46054/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoffl_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stoffl_ Ad-Free
28th December 2018, 01:41 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Teheran
Thanks Meter: 846
 
More
When you reboot the phone it returns to the old settings!
28th December 2018, 01:50 PM |#4  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 1,875
 
More
Done, let's see now.
Thanks for the info
28th December 2018, 02:08 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Teheran
Thanks Meter: 846
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

Done, let's see now.
Thanks for the info

When you reboot the phone it returns to the old settings!
28th December 2018, 03:18 PM |#6  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 1,875
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09

When you reboot the phone it returns to the old settings!

On miui perfhaps yes.
I'm on Syberia and it stayed like that.
Well, not a big hassle, I mean I reboot my phone once a week.
29th December 2018, 01:45 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

On miui perfhaps yes.
I'm on Syberia and it stayed like that.
Well, not a big hassle, I mean I reboot my phone once a week.

Come on.. this is not s solution. We have spent a considerable amount of money to buy this beautiful phone. But Xiaomi releases updates with no sufficient testing prior launch and this is actually annoying.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DV1973 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DV1973 Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 01:55 PM |#8  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 1,875
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV1973

Come on.. this is not s solution. We have spent a considerable amount of money to buy this beautiful phone. But Xiaomi releases updates with no sufficient testing prior launch and this is actually annoying.

I agree with you, I really do.
But even if you searched about the device you want to buy even for months before getting it you'll see there is absolutely no device existing without at least 2-3 issues out there.
Even pixels which are what android is and more than that, have problems.
You either bear with it, or stop using smartphones.
And the second option is not a viable choice for me.

P. S. Got a poco before the Mi 8 and refunded it because of the touch lag, I know that Xiaomi doesn't test enough, be it software or hardware.
29th December 2018, 02:00 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

I agree with you, I really do.
But even if you searched about the device you want to buy even for months before getting it you'll see there is absolutely no device existing without at least 2-3 issues out there.
Even pixels which are what android is and more than that, have problems.
You either bear with it, or stop using smartphones.
And the second option is not a viable choice for me.

P. S. Got a poco before the Mi 8 and refunded it because of the touch lag, I know that Xiaomi doesn't test enough, be it software or hardware.

I really respect what you say and most likely you are right but what now? You see I am using the phone professionally and battery is crucial for me.
29th December 2018, 02:28 PM |#10  
trahzebuck's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Valkenvania
Thanks Meter: 3,454
 
More
Thanks for the advice. There is battery drain with V10.1.2.0. Cell standby. BTW, you can reach the menu by repeatedly tapping on "Internal Storage" in the "My device" settings. There are some "secret" links in settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to trahzebuck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trahzebuck Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 02:55 PM |#11  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 1,875
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV1973

I really respect what you say and most likely you are right but what now? You see I am using the phone professionally and battery is crucial for me.

If this bothers you that much then either flash a custom rom on it, or refund/sell the device and get something else, maybe an OP6T.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes