[Recovery] [MI 8] TWRP 3.2.2 -0703 & -0711

Search This thread

dogsly

Apr 4, 2010
Kiev
4pda.ru
I'm not the Author, the author is wzsx150 from LR.TEAM
2018.7.11 update:
1. Update attempt to repair decrypted data scheme, set lock screen password for machine friends, enter twrp need to enter lock screen password, otherwise it can not Temporarily decrypt data.
2. After brushing in twrp, the first time you enter twrp, it may restart once. This is normal. If you restart repeatedly, or you cannot decrypt the data, please give me feedback in time.
2018.7.3 update:
1. Upgrade to 3.2.2 source code
2. Support new version of MIUI 10 system, fix decryption data problem, set lock screen password Machine friends, you need to enter the lock screen password when entering twrp, otherwise you cannot temporarily decrypt the data.

2018.6.11 update:
1. The interface display is adjusted to no bangs mode.

Important notes:
1. This rec supports data partition auto-decryption . The encrypted data can be used normally under rec without formatting. The official system defaults to encrypting data partitions using a lock screen password .
2. This rec support to brush into the official original full card brush package.
3. The bootloader must be unlocked to be able to brush into a third-party rec.
4. Built-in root system / remove root function, through the root system, you can also remove dm check, prevent card screen, and can make the system root privileges.
5. Set the screen password to the machine friend, enter twrp need to enter the lock screen password, otherwise you can not temporarily decrypt the data.
The root system is strongly recommended, otherwise twrp may be overwritten by the official rec.

Last edited:

dogsly

Apr 4, 2010
Kiev
4pda.ru
Bonus:
Stock firmware MIUI 9 | Android 8.1
Localized firmware MIUI 10 | Android 8.1 | multilingual
MIUI 10 BETA
Xiaomi EU:

Last edited:

bcuraman

Jul 17, 2012
Stock firmware

Hey @dogsly.
This stock firmware, is the chinese version of it, right?
Not a global beta?

In the recovery, I have TWRP 3.2.1
Can I simply flash it with TWRP on the img options??
Edit: flashed already ;)
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

dogsly

Apr 4, 2010
Kiev
4pda.ru
Hey @dogsly.
This stock firmware, is the chinese version of it, right?
Not a global beta?

In the recovery, I have TWRP 3.2.1
Can I simply flash it with TWRP on the img options??
Edit: flashed already ;)
Thanks a lot
Yes, this is a stock Chinese firmware. There are Chinese and English, there are no Google services. It will be updated by OTA. No global beta. Chinese firmware have a CN in the name, but global MI. For example "OEACNFA" - Chinese firmware, "OEAMIFA" - global.

You're welcome :)

dogsly

Apr 4, 2010
Kiev
4pda.ru
Thanks, which rom are you finding fast and stable, Chinese or EU?

Our users use both Chinese firmware and European beta. Both firmware are quite stable. But you need to remember that for the EU firmware you need to unlock the bootloader. This firmware is in beta status and some problems in use are possible. For example, prior to version 8.7.6, the infrared face detection sensor did not work.
If stability is important to you, use the Chinese firmware. If you are ready to experiment and agree to constant updates and corrections for the sake of new experiences - use the firmware EU

hi! I'm a newbie, and I have a few questions:
what's the diference between the recovery and fastboot method?
why is the fastboot firmware much larger?is it safer?
about the twrp, does it support mtp?

And the question bothering me most : some people says you have to wipe data before / after install custom rom
some says you have to wipe before AND after
some says there's no need to wipe at all!
What's the trick?
There‘s lots of us which is confused, and I wish to hear the answer from a pro
Thank you anyway for providing these links!

narongpatcXDA

Oct 10, 2015
No expert, but this is what I know. If I wrong, please somebody correct me ASAP.

Q. what's the diference between the recovery and fastboot method?
Fastboot method. You need to connect phone to computer. The phone has to be in a "fastboot" mode. (for mi8se, reboot while press volume_down) and connect via cable to computer. You need to have fastboot program to send command to your phone. Research ADB program in google search.
Recovery method. This is a program reside in your phone just like Fastboot. To enter Recovery, reboot while pressing volume_up. You command your phone through the menu in the Recovery program in your phone. Mi 8 come with its own Recovery program which can't install custom rom. To install custom rom, you need to install TWRP replacing the original Recovery program that come with the phone. Then use TWRP to install customer rom. (many reboots) Research TWRP.

Q. why is the fastboot firmware much larger?is it safer
Not sure. I think you compare between .img and .zip. .img is always bigger than .zip with similar data. You can always fall back to Fastboot if all thing fail. (I think)

Q. about the twrp, does it support mtp?
Yes it does for MI8se with recovery-TWRP-3.2.1-0629-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150

Q. some people says you have to wipe data before / after install custom rom
Yes if you want to reinstall everything.
You only need to wipe data if you come from different rom.

Suggestion.
I just finished installing TWRP and MIUI 10 beta. If you want to install MIUI 10, I suggest you to change all changeable partition to f2fs or exfat and then change back again to ext4. I think MIUI can't mount partition properly. So have to destroy and create partitions again. Anybody has similar experience?

bao007fei

Apr 14, 2018
Why I'm freezing in the Mi Loading interface after reboot? Any suggestions? I've fully wiped everything.

symy17

May 20, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
good evening everyone.
finally I spent 360 long hours waiting, today I can install the global version and finally unlock the bootloader, before starting I wanted to know which build multilanguage more stable and if possible give me the link to download

bao007fei

Apr 14, 2018
Im using twrp from here and xiaomi.eu rom. It works flawless.. tell me your Steps of flashing everything..

Skickat från min MI 8 via Tapatalk

I've tried this twrp. Same result. I'm using the chinese version Mi 8 by the way.

Step 1
Wipe date and cache.
Step 2
Flash the zip from xiaomi.eu. (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.7.12_v10-8.1.zip)
Step 3
After installation, wipe cache/dalvik and reboot. (Then stay at Mi loading interface and won't pass)

What did I miss?

Last edited:

superior8888

Sep 6, 2012
I've tried this twrp. Same result. I'm using the chinese version Mi 8 by the way.

Step 1
Wipe date and cache.
Step 2
Flash the zip from xiaomi.eu. (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.7.12_v10-8.1.zip)
Step 3
After installation, wipe cache/dalvik and reboot. (Then stay at Mi loading interface and won't pass)

What did I miss?
You actually have to format data...

Skickat från min MI 8 via Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not the Author, the author is wzsx150 from LR.TEAM
    2018.7.11 update:
    1. Update attempt to repair decrypted data scheme, set lock screen password for machine friends, enter twrp need to enter lock screen password, otherwise it can not Temporarily decrypt data.
    2. After brushing in twrp, the first time you enter twrp, it may restart once. This is normal. If you restart repeatedly, or you cannot decrypt the data, please give me feedback in time.
    2018.7.3 update:
    1. Upgrade to 3.2.2 source code
    2. Support new version of MIUI 10 system, fix decryption data problem, set lock screen password Machine friends, you need to enter the lock screen password when entering twrp, otherwise you cannot temporarily decrypt the data.

2018.6.11 update:
    1. The interface display is adjusted to no bangs mode.

Important notes:
    1. This rec supports data partition auto-decryption . The encrypted data can be used normally under rec without formatting. The official system defaults to encrypting data partitions using a lock screen password .
    2. This rec support to brush into the official original full card brush package.
    3. The bootloader must be unlocked to be able to brush into a third-party rec.
    4. Built-in root system / remove root function, through the root system, you can also remove dm check, prevent card screen, and can make the system root privileges.
    5. Set the screen password to the machine friend, enter twrp need to enter the lock screen password, otherwise you can not temporarily decrypt the data.
    The root system is strongly recommended, otherwise twrp may be overwritten by the official rec.
    if needed here there is the ENGLISH version of TWRP-3.2.3-1110-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150

TWRP-3.2.3-1110-XIAOMI8-EN-wzsx150
    Bonus:
    Stock firmware MIUI 9 | Android 8.1
    Localized firmware MIUI 10 | Android 8.1 | multilingual
    MIUI 10 BETA
    Xiaomi EU:
    I'm running trough the same issue. Also I created a thread asking for help over here. I can't understand if I'm doing something wrong.
    The only persistent change I was able to do is flashing TWRP 0711 recovery and by using Advanced->Sign boot, it stays after rebooting. But if I install Magisk (tried v16.0 and v16.4), on rebooting it goes back to recovery.
    Also I tried rooting using the included Install Root option at TWRP, which install Magisk v16.3, and I get the same bootloop into recovery.
    Also I tried installing no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0, which gets me into the powered by Android bootlogo message, but it doesn't boot :confused:

PS: Currently using MIUI 9.5.13 Global ROM

EDIT: Also tried Magisk V16.7, no luck either

Bootloop because your userdata partition is encrypted and you have to format userdata every time you flash a new rom for security issues i think (i've tried on mi 8)

To solve this you need to decrypted userdata partition to flash new rom without needs to wipe, first you must remove encryption by FORMAT DATA in twrp or
    Code:
    fastboot format userdata
    now you have decrypted userdata,
    but beware every time you boot from new rom your userdata will be encrypted so we need patch for this, you must flash this zip in TWRP after install new rom
    https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfec
    Latest Version:
    Download: TWRP-3.2.3-1110-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150

tomorrow i'll try to post a version with english as default