This is basically a tl;dr thread.
I don't want to make a thread that everyone will lazy to read.
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface; no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
/* * Your warranty might not be void (thanks Xiaomi). However... * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this RECOVERY * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (of course)
- Unlocked bootloader
- Some knowledge on how to deal with your device... and patience.
- Reboot device to bootloader. If device is powered off, press and hold Power + Volume Down button until tinkering Mi Bunny with "FASTBOOT" text appears.
- Optional: Flash stock vbmeta with the following command (attached if needed):
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Under same directory as TWRP image and ADB/Fastboot executables (if ever required), type this command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.x.x-y-grus-YYmmdd.img
- IMPORTANT: After flashing, immediately press and hold Power + Volume Up for about 10 seconds to reboot to recovery.
- Swipe the option to allow modifications. This will prevent stock ROM from replacing recovery, however be aware that you might need to reflash stock vbmeta with disabled verity after that to be able to boot stock ROM!
- Dees_Troy and everyone behind TWRP
- Everyone on Mi 9 SE community
Unofficial TWRP 3.x (grus), Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Source Code: https://github.com/KudProject/bootable_recovery-twrp
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-3-20190802
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-02
Last Updated 2019-08-02