Remove All Ads from XDA

[grus][recovery] TWRP-3.3.1-7a-Mi9SE

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By redispade, Member on 17th July 2019, 12:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project [TWRP]

Latest version : 3.3.1-7a-Mi9SE
Credits to https://github.com/kudProject for initial version device tree of this recovery.

Remember to join the telegram group:
https://t.me/GrusFamily

Changelog :
twrp-3.3.1-7a-Mi9SE:
- Replaced toybox with busybox for maximum compatibility of flashable zips(miroom and similar roms are flashable correctly now)
- Applied forceencrypt flag to /data
This means that you don't have to format data when switching from miui to aosp roms,
you can wipe /data and preserve internal storage.
ATTENTION: When switching from any rom, to a miui flavor, you still have to format data
Wiping /data partition to do a factory reset doesn't change internal storage

twrp-3.3.1-7-Mi9SE:
- Kowalski kernel v1.8 stable
- Better definition of USB-OTG controller
- Full Treble compatibility
- More partitions available to backup and restore in case of emergency
- Disabled AVB check in runtime vintf
- Cleanup Advanced menu, working tools left
- Removed reboot to EDL button

twrp-3.3.1-6-Mi9SE:
Okita kernel 5.4
Supports formatting to f2fs(rom kernel has to be compatible to be able to use it)

twrp-3.3.1-5-Mi9SE:
adb backup --twrp now works
Latest TWRP Base code
Miui(all flavors) OTA updates should be installable automatically (tested,works)

twrp-3.3.1-4-Mi9SE:
- Add Internal Storage to official TWRP Backup method(works only if backing up on USB_OTG)
- Latest TWRP Base code
- Updated tools on Advanced Menu:
Aroma File Manager removed from menu until I figure out a method to make it work
Dm-verity disabler updated to latest version
(For more info on what it does: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...crypt-t3817389)

twrp-3.3.1-3-Mi9SE:
- Fixed CPU Temperature
- New more compact theme
- Latest TWRP Base code
- Added Tools under Advanced menu:
1: Backup and Restore internal storage(work in progress, working but restore is untested)
2: Magisk root and unroot
3: Aroma File Manager (work in progress, does not work yet)
4: Remove Fingerprints and Pin/Password
5: Remove Substratum overlays
6: Hal3 (Camera2Api) enabler (not sure if we need this)
7: App remover(work in progress, not working yet, based on aroma installer)
8: Dm-verity disabler (untested, will be replaced with latest version soon)
9: Wipe battery statistics

Flash using existing twrp or in fastboot using command:
Code:
 fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-7a-Mi9SE.img
Install vbmeta.img (only if it reboots to fastboot)
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
REMEMBER TO NEVER USE "fastboot boot recovery.img"
it breaks encryption and a data format is needed

Download Link :

[ GitHub (https://github.com/redispade/device_...eleases/latest) ]
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to redispade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redispade Ad-Free

17th July 2019, 04:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Until now most people recommended the Chinese twrp for muiu Roms, and another one for gsi or non-MIUI Roms.

Is your twrp capable of dealing with both?

And what about encryption... Do I still need to format internal storage when I switch from MIUI to custom Rom or from one MIUI to another (for example, from xiaomi.eu to Masik MIUI)?

Thanks in advance for your time answering my questions
The Following User Says Thank You to shisaya24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shisaya24 Ad-Free
17th July 2019, 05:45 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
I am currently using this with xiaomi.eu rom
The internal storage encryption problem is due to the kernel security date. If you install a kernel (or rom or recovery containing a different kernel from what you have)with higher security patch than what you actually have, the encryption keys get automatically updated and you can decrypt that storage only with that kernel. With TWRP this is not an issue, as long as you don't use the fastboot boot command. Anyway, in this recovery there are included zips to backup and restore internal storage to usb_otg so you can backup everything if switching roms. Always remember to copy TWRP backups out(or backup directly to usb_otg) because these scripts do not backup TWRP folder.
19th July 2019, 06:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redispade

I am currently using this with xiaomi.eu rom
The internal storage encryption problem is due to the kernel security date. If you install a kernel (or rom or recovery containing a different kernel from what you have)with higher security patch than what you actually have, the encryption keys get automatically updated and you can decrypt that storage only with that kernel. With TWRP this is not an issue, as long as you don't use the fastboot boot command. Anyway, in this recovery there are included zips to backup and restore internal storage to usb_otg so you can backup everything if switching roms. Always remember to copy TWRP backups out(or backup directly to usb_otg) because these scripts do not backup TWRP folder.

backup doesn't work for me. also this version does not read the internal partition and from error. how can i solve? both backup and recovery are essential for me
19th July 2019, 09:15 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guacianiero

backup doesn't work for me. also this version does not read the internal partition and from error. how can i solve? both backup and recovery are essential for me

Read the original post once again. Internal storage cannot be backed up directly by twrp. But you can find the scripts that I made in advanced -> tools

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk
19th July 2019, 10:13 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

Read the original post once again. Internal storage cannot be backed up directly by twrp. But you can find the scripts that I made in advanced -> tools

sorry, but what is the problem ?. I've never had this problem with other xiaomy cell phones. Through scripts I can backup and restore?
19th July 2019, 10:19 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Twrp does not have official support to backup internal storage. Our device does not have sdcard. Standard backup works perfectly Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-10-42-07.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	4794393

19th July 2019, 12:00 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Twrp does not have official support to backup internal storage. Our device does not have sdcard. Standard backup works perfectly Attachment 4794393

sorry again. But how standard backup works. I use the script and I need an otg usb adapter? If I connect the phone directly to the PC with cable in recovery it does not recognize it
19th July 2019, 12:18 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

sorry again. But how standard backup works. I use the script and I need an otg usb adapter? If I connect the phone directly to the PC with cable in recovery it does not recognize it

Exactly, your pc is not usb otg. On your pc just copy files to a folder

19th July 2019, 12:50 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Exactly, your pc is not usb otg. On your pc just copy files to a folder

with the usb otg adapter can I also use a flash drive? after which the restore works the same way?
19th July 2019, 01:00 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:

with the usb otg adapter can I also use a flash drive? after which the restore works the same way?

Yes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)