FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where is pocket mode?

545 posts
Thanks Meter: 181

By vecino, Senior Member on 24th May 2019, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Why the pocket mode for Mi 9 SE was missing? Someone know how to turn it on? If I running or ride by bike - fingerprint display is still active.
24th May 2019, 06:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecino

Why the pocket mode for Mi 9 SE was missing? Someone know how to turn it on? If I running or ride by bike - fingerprint display is still active.

I think the fingerprint scanner is always active when the phone detects motion. The in screen readers work differently from the others. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Does it seem to have any effect on battery life?
24th May 2019, 07:18 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
@cman245: I have Mi 9 SE only two days ... I don´t know any effect on battery life. But pocket mode is missing for me. Fingerprint indicator is still active by aby motions.
24th May 2019, 07:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecino

@cman245: I have Mi 9 SE only two days ... I don´t know any effect on battery life. But pocket mode is missing for me. Fingerprint indicator is still active by aby motions.

Mine is the same but I haven't noticed any problem. Mine rides in my pocket a lot. Only part of the screen turns on and I would think it uses a lot less power than static display like on Samsung devices. Pocket mode is definitely not there but I'm not sure that it is a problem. Is so, maybe Xiaomi will address it in a future update.
4th June 2019, 08:37 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
In ROM from xiaomi.eu is option to fingerprint indicator off by motion.
6th June 2019, 11:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
The easiest way to deal with that is, that the phone should be able to detect when its in pocket by using the distance-sensor that detects when you put it to your ear when telephoning.
hope they fix this soon. i have so many pictures and videos taken while in my pocket.
just get its messing up when my pocket goes really hot...

cheers andy
The Following User Says Thank You to finfin82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift finfin82 Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 02:27 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
The easiest way is install xiaomi.eu (stable or weekly).
17th June 2019, 04:41 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have "wake on notifications" and "double tap to wake" disabled.

The phone still wakes all the time while inside my pocket.

If I'm listening to music, it causes the music to pause every few minutes and once it was even locked due to "many wrong password attempts".

Super annoying. Does this not happen on xiaomi.eu? Also, is google pay working on xiaomi.eu stable?

EDIT: I update to 10.3.1 and I think they might have fixed it. I'll see if it happens on my comute back home, as it seemed to happen most when I was listening to music/podcast and the phone received a notification while in my pocket.
17th June 2019, 10:41 PM |#9  

More
I just tested, now if I block the top portion of the phone with my hand, the fingprint reader no longer responds to touch. So they've basically implemented/fixed the pocket mode.

Also, if block the top of the screen while the lockscreen is awake, is instantly turns the screen off and disables touch.
18th June 2019, 09:58 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
On xiaomi.eu is not this issue. I´am rideing by mtb bike with Youtube Music + TrueWireless headphones and no problem.
18th June 2019, 09:45 PM |#11  

More
I've been using the latest global version for a day now. It's been fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pocket mode

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)