Clarity/resolution

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
The Xiaomi Mi 9 SE has a crazy crisp display. Just kidding, this is automated text so who knows if this screen is any good. So, you be the judge! A higher rating indicates that it's extremely sharp and clear, and that you cannot see pixels with your naked eye.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

nqtsparda

Feb 16, 2013
This is the first time I use a phone that has Amoled screen. I heard about color shifting which happens to Amoled screen but I still curious. Does color shifting happen to your devices ?
For mine, when I tilt the phone, even a little bit, I see the blocks of color turn from blue (cool) to pink (warm) and backward. This only happens on white background. If the view angle is 90 degree, its fine. But if it greater or smaller than that, about 60 degree, it's just like a rainbow is moving. Kind of annoying

readerdev

Mar 9, 2017
This is the first time I use a phone that has Amoled screen. I heard about color shifting which happens to Amoled screen but I still curious. Does color shifting happen to your devices ?
For mine, when I tilt the phone, even a little bit, I see the blocks of color turn from blue (cool) to pink (warm) and backward. This only happens on white background. If the view angle is 90 degree, its fine. But if it greater or smaller than that, about 60 degree, it's just like a rainbow is moving. Kind of annoying

Please post some pictures of the display at different viewing angles.

Ive been using OLED screens for the last couple of years, mostly from Samsung, as is the one on the Mi 9 SE. They have never had any issue of the sort. I have however seen such a thing on the panels used in Blackberry phones.

The SE seems like the only device out this year that ticks my boxes as far as size and display quality, i would dearly like to know if sammy is delivering sub par screens here.

I have to say i am skeptical, so some proof would be appreciated.

readerdev

Mar 9, 2017
Interesting. I've never used a phone with an amoled screen, but sounds like this would put me off.

Not sure if any stores here in the UK have the mi9se that I could try out before purchasing.

Pocophone I've just bought is lovely, but just a little too big for me coming from a mi6,which is why I'm considering the mi9 se.

No headphone socket though.!

Lets see if its actually true first. Here is a very detailed review that includes many angles on the display, none show any color shifting:

https://youtu.be/v1lzzcCUvFc

That review also has some interesting info about the notification handling and the state of the currently available ROMs.

readerdev

Mar 9, 2017
Sorry about vid quality, I recorded it by RMN 3
You can see the color turn into warm and cool blocks when I change view angle vertically

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fv_xcUn-aIdcxY_f1DX5oXRvNVenLbCf/view?usp=sharing

Honestly I'm not seeing a big problem there... But the resolution isn't great. Someone below said the A50 display at the store was better but it too has an original Sammy screen, also manufactures in Vietnam.

Mb a good quality photo?

Also, what about the issue with the notifications? Ant solution for it other than AOD?

nqtsparda

Feb 16, 2013
Honestly I'm not seeing a big problem there... But the resolution isn't great. Someone below said the A50 display at the store was better but it too has an original Sammy screen, also manufactures in Vietnam.

Mb a good quality photo?

Also, what about the issue with the notifications? Ant solution for it other than AOD?

1 month used and I think I get use to it. Maybe after I checked Mi 8, it also has the same issue. So I guess this is actually not an issue anymore

I also hope for solution replacing notification light. Heard alot about "the dot" but after many attemps with many apps, the choosen one is still missing I guess.

David Horn

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2008
Manchester
I have a Pixel 3. The Mi 9 SE, despite technically having a lower PPI value, is noticeably sharper. I imagine this is because it's not using the Pentile layout that the Pixel 3 screen has.

Top Liked Posts